Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-08-09, 10:19 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahra
Brooke Silers Element Pilates
Another vote for this - seems to be the only one I'm using lately and I love that you can break it down and use either the standing portion, the mat portion or both.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-09, 07:10 PM  
Colleen
VF Supporter

JMHO, based on my own experience: start with the basics and build a strong foundation before moving on to the tougher Pilates videos.

I think you'd be off to a good start with Brooke Siler's Element DVD and her Pilates Body book. The book is packed with key form pointers, tips on what not to do, and step-by-step instructions. I don't use it for workouts, just for insight - great reference. Her Element DVD is excellent and easily modified up.

Stott's instruction is top-notch and you can probably get her matwork DVDs cheap if you buy them used. Kathy Smith's Pilates for Abs and Pilates for the Lower Body have really good instruction, and now you can get both of them cheap on one of her compilation disks.

Aside from that, I especially like Ana Caban, Hilary Burnett, Mari Winsor, Jules Benson's Total Core Pilates, and the 10' Solution Pilates series - but I think if I were starting out today I'd be best off with the Siler book + DVD.

If I had a nickel for every time I've had to prove that exercise can work without pain, I'd be a very rich woman.
- Pilates teacher Brooke Siler
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 06:56 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Best Pilates Video

I vote for Rael Isacowitz System 7 is beginner level, System 17 is intermediate, and System 27 advanced
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorites, jules benson, pilates