Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-09, 02:41 PM  
Inchworm

Talking OMG, I just discovered a treasure hiding in my drawer!!!!!

Hi,

Well, I decided today to do about 15 minutes of Kettlebells for some interval training and a Pilates workout today. I wanted a full body toning so I pulled out my 10 Minute Solutions Pilates Perfect Body with Suzanne Bowden. Well, let me tell you, that is one heck of a great workout. I'm pretty darned strong and have been doing a rotation of Jillian/Barry's Bootcamp/Results in 10 days and Squeeze and this little gem will be in my rotation. My arms are shaking, my legs are nicely worked and I'm feeling my core. What I really loved about this workout is how balanced it is. She did a nice amount of bridge work and and reverse plank work where I really felt it. My arms are feeling it and different areas of my back, that I haven't felt in some of the other workouts. I wasn't going to do the stretch, but I figured, well, it's just another 10 minutes and damn, I earned it. That stretch was the icing on the cake. She really got into my lat area, where I have been feeling some tension and my quads got a nice stretch as well. Does anyone else like this one? I like it far better than the one she did before that using that green band. I do like the Lara Hudson Pilates ones too, but I believe this is the most challenging one of the Pilates 10 Minute Solution ones. I was actually breathing pretty heavy at times.

Just wanted to share, can you tell I enjoyed my workout today??

Thanks,

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-09, 03:52 PM  
RachelleS

My first thought was not a workout dvd when I read your title !!!!
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-09, 04:30 PM  
Flutterby

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelleS
(insert girlish giggle here ) I thought the same thing! Sounds like a great workout as well, I wanted to start adding some pilates into my mix...maybe this will be my starting point!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" -Adam Savage

"The fact that we are so different is our strength." - Jamie Hyneman
Flutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-09, 04:30 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

It's always nice to have a great workout! I like this one too - it's very well done. And I also like it better than the one with the green band - I couldn't get into that one at all.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-09, 04:37 PM  
PeakFitness

Quote:
Oh my!
Old 03-26-09, 04:53 PM  
lindseylu8

Quote:

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-09, 06:09 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i have this one from the costco bogo sale....and it's still sealed.

i've always liked suzanne from the LBM days. you've inspired me to open it!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-09, 10:20 PM  
Dobby
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar
i have this one from the costco bogo sale....and it's still sealed.

i've always liked suzanne from the LBM days. you've inspired me to open it!
My Costco still has some BOGO left, so maybe I will cruise by and see if this one is still there. Will be forced to buy another, tho!!

Pam
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-09, 08:29 AM  
KathAL79

I wish more people would post reviews of this; Kelly, you could just cut and paste your post on the review submission form. (I wrote one but focused on breakdown; it's a great workout, just not for me. Since I'm one of a very small handful that doesn't love it, we need more reviews from people like who like it.)

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-09, 03:27 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i did 3 sections today (didn't write down exact titles - sorry):
abs
thighs/hips
stretch

overall, i liked these, enough to want to do them again. i'll post a more detailed list of the moves - i was kinda in a hurry this morning!

i think i'll do the other 2 segments* tonight and then write down all of the moves.

*silhouette & UB arms

i'm a suzanne fan and i like her LBM segment. i looked at the 10MS band one that she did at collage, but the reviews were mixed. anyone want to compare these?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pilates, suzanne bowen