Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-08, 04:04 PM  
KathAL79

Jane, I couldn't agree with you more.
My current live Pilates instructor is Stott-certified, and I actually began my Pilates journey with a Stott-certified instructor, so I really appreciate the Stott approach. But sometimes the purist in me just wants to see the masters do it as the master himself designed it, and the Classical Pilates DVDs fit that bill to the T.
I'd really love to hear what you think of the Jules Benson DVD. There's a lot of buzz about it here, especially lately. I see a lot of people who say they don't normally love Pilates report they love that workout.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-08, 04:48 PM  
annetteb

I also enjoy the pilates section after Attitude Ballet. Another use for the sculpting balls used in The Firm dvds (as well as others like Gin Miller). I wish she would make just a pilates dvd!
Old 06-18-08, 05:22 PM  
woodie

Another of my weird instructor quirks - I don't care for male pilates instructors. I don't know why. Nor male step instructors. LOL. It's silly. But it's true.

Will try Stott again and thinking abotu the Romanas. Wonder what Stott's pilates for men is like?

woodie

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 04:47 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P.

I also am thinking about purchasing Jules Benson's Total Core Pilates for a change of pace from traditional Pilates, but haven't done so yet.
I just bought this and tried it for the first time today based on the reviews on here. I love it! It's different than my other pilates DVDs and it can get intense, especially the hip floorwork. I was pleasantly in agony from this workout.
Old 06-19-08, 05:24 PM  
woodie

I don't know what I diudn't like about Jules' workout, but it didn't move me. I think I just like Mari's style more.

woodie

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 09:38 PM  
KathAL79

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodie
Wonder what Stott's pilates for men is like?
If you get it, let us know!

It sounds to me like you prefer more straight up or traditional Pilates, and from what I read of Jules she's more, well, inventive with her take on Pilates. (That might be another reason why you don't like Stott, as Moira has tweaked the exercises and order.)

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pilates