Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-08, 03:20 PM  
PhyllisG

I also have this w/o and love it. It is the only pilates dvd I have kept and continue to use. Love Jules. Love the workout.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-08, 04:07 PM  
pfhanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne
This workout is available here http://www.myfbn.com/ among Christi Taylor's online streaming workouts.
This dvd is also available at Deep Discount DVD. They should be having their 20% off sale so it is only 9.00 plus change and free shipping. I am not totally sure ddd is having their sale. Should go check it out. Pam.
Old 11-01-08, 07:21 PM  
glorybelle75

Wow.... There is now way I'll last much longer with all your good reviews....

This I do want to know (and the answer will affect *how quickly* I cave): does it work other body parts as well as the core? I know all pilates will engage the core, but I'm not sure I want to do a long workout that doesn't successfully engage other body parts well....

Thoughts on this dvds effectiveness for the legs and other areas???
Old 11-01-08, 09:30 PM  
bfit

I like it too, but it is long

I like this one a lot too, but it is long if you do the whole thing (almost an hour). I've had a hard time just choosing parts of it that would still make a good, but shorter workout, and I don't do it very often because it is so long otherwise.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-08, 10:27 AM  
pfhanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorybelle75
Wow.... There is now way I'll last much longer with all your good reviews....

This I do want to know (and the answer will affect *how quickly* I cave): does it work other body parts as well as the core? I know all pilates will engage the core, but I'm not sure I want to do a long workout that doesn't successfully engage other body parts well....

Thoughts on this dvds effectiveness for the legs and other areas???
This dvd is a great core and lower body dvd. It really doesn't do much for upper body. For me, I love it simply because I love working my core and legs, without doing squats, lunges all the time. It is paced very well. For added resistance when doing the lower body I wear sneakers since it makes it even tougher. I emailed Jules to let her know how much I love this dvd and asked her to make more. She responded (very quickly) thanking me for letting her know I loved this and said she plans on doing more but not sure as to when. Pam.
Old 11-02-08, 06:22 PM  
glorybelle75

Timmmm-Ber!
Old 11-02-08, 07:43 PM  
GeminiGLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorybelle75
Timmmm-Ber!
LOL! Much thanks to this thread and the new 'grateful workout' thread, I've almost given in to the temptation to get this workout - and I'm not even a big Pilates fan!

I do think I'll go put it on my Netflix queue...
GeminiGLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-08, 08:00 PM  
glorybelle75

Maybe I should open a Netflix account?
Old 11-02-08, 08:10 PM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit
I like this one a lot too, but it is long if you do the whole thing (almost an hour). I've had a hard time just choosing parts of it that would still make a good, but shorter workout, and I don't do it very often because it is so long otherwise.
I keep hitting NEXT on my remote until the 22 minute part - (beginning of legs) and then do the remainder of the workout. I think a lot of workouts have good abs (first 22 minutes), but few have good unweighted back work.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-08, 10:38 AM  
roleez
VF Supporter

For those of you that enjoy this one but think it's too long (like me, I really don't normally have enough time to do a whole hour long Pilates workout), you should try her Step & Core Pilates DVD. I just did it this AM & it's such a great workout! I really pulled it out to get some extra cardio in after doing Iron Core 3 (it's hard to find 30 minute cardio that's still a decent intensity) but still had some time after doing the step portion so I did the Pilates too. It's only about 25 minutes & it's a really nice workout, timed nicely to the music & just the right length!

Tags
jules benson, pilates