Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-08, 09:37 PM  
dnna

I have worked hard at completing Winsor Buns and Thighs with good form and range of motion YET!! the leg series which is short- kills me- wow what a burn. I know what you mean about not lifting your leg.
I love that I can do the ab work- she moves from exercise to exercise pretty quickly and gives good reminders about your neck.
I feel kind of hypnotized about this workout too.
I know exactly what she means when Jules says- don't get up, you probably won't come back and we would not want you to miss this fun. lol, that is exactly what I am about to do...
I still can only go about 40 minutes and that is plenty
feeling the burn, ooh ow.
donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-08, 11:17 PM  
Jennifer.2002

I just hope I am not hobbling from doms tomorrow! I too am glad Jules sprinkles in reminders to put my head down if my neck feels strained. Having gotten whiplash several times my neck can be touchy so it is great to have an instructor encourage me to listen to my body and let it build up the strength to go all out. As I have wonky knees I can't do squats and lunges without pain so it is great to find a floorwork dvd that really hits my lower body and I actually wished I had the energy and strength to repeat it right then to see if I could do it better.

btw the price at ddd after the 20% discount is $9.72
Jennifer.2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-08, 04:40 PM  
Jennifer.2002

My DVD arrived from deepdiscount!

Yay! Anyone else who ordered hopefully will get it soon as well!

Jen, who has been trying to explain to her Mother why a workout that turned her legs to noodles is a GOOD thing!
Old 07-01-08, 08:14 PM  
pfhanna

I agree with Jennifer on this one. I purchased it from DDD for 9.72 and I am fairly new to Pilates but I totally love this dvd. I can see myself using this for a long time. I have knee issues and can't do a lot of squats/lunges anymore so I am thrilled to find a workout that I can get a good burn working your legs, core, and abs without any equipment. This is a keeper for me, Pam.
Old 07-01-08, 09:22 PM  
berry99

I've had this DVD for awhile and just did it tonight. OMG, I love it. I have been trying to incorporate pilates into my routine but haven't found an instructor that I liked and all the DVDs are pretty faced paced. Jules is great. The leg work is a huge burner and she kept reminding me about form pointers just when I need them. I feel nicely worked out.
Old 07-01-08, 11:17 PM  
Jennifer.2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry99
I have been trying to incorporate pilates into my routine but haven't found an instructor that I liked and all the DVDs are pretty faced paced. Jules is great. The leg work is a huge burner and she kept reminding me about form pointers just when I need them. I feel nicely worked out.
The pacing is one of the reasons I really enjoyed this workout. I am not experienced enough at pilates to go as fast as many workouts do. Also I prefer a slower pace just because I feel more relaxed doing it even though it makes me work that much harder.

Pam I am very glad to read this workout is as knee friendly and enjoyable for you as it was for me It is so good to only have DOMS the next day instead of my knees complaining because I gave into temptation and tried a few squats.
Old 08-09-08, 12:46 PM  
mrs lightyear

I did this dvd today It really is wonderful. And Jules is a cutie pie. And that side series is tough! My DH has never heard me groan so much before (in a workout )
mrs lightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-08, 11:38 AM  
naturallove

Reviving this older thead to say..

this is my favorite pilates workout. I did this this morning after not having done it in some time. Wow--what a fabulous mix of non-traditional and traditional matwork. I found it to be easier than before, yet tougher (I've been doing pilates reformer classes every week). I feel stronger, and I actually got though that brutal side kick series without stopping. (It was still hard as heck though!) I just Jules! If you don't like pilates, I still think this would be a great workout to try. If you do--this will really be a winner.
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-08, 01:02 PM  
ellaenchanted

I really love this workout as well. It flows well and goes by so quickly. It really works the core and has some nice hip/bun work too.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-08, 02:05 PM  
Jeanne

This workout is available here http://www.myfbn.com/ among Christi Taylor's online streaming workouts.
Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jules benson, pilates