Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-08, 10:15 PM  
juberann

Total Core Pilates with Jules Benson???

My friend is nuts about this one!! and,while I respect her opinion(most of the time ) I just had to get the opinions of my V.F buddies I had never heard of Jules Benson but looked this workout up on Collage video and she seems delightful. I am a HUGE Ellen Barrett fan and she reminded me a little of Ellen (well,at least from the short clip). The more I do Pilates-based workouts, the more I love them and this looks like it might be a nice addition.
Any opinions anyone?? Thanks~ Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-08, 11:09 PM  
Soapmaker

This workout is lovely. It looks easier than it really is. She doesn't do too many reps of anything but the moves and the sequencing really work deep in the core. It is fairly well balanced and goes by quickly.

She is also lovely, easy going, and full of grace. She sounds southern, from Georgia maybe. She makes me want to do the workout and I hate pilates.
Soapmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-08, 11:51 PM  
Raphig

I really enjoy Jules Benson, and she also reminds me a lot of Ellen Barrett. I love the way Total Core Pilates flows, and I also like the way the moves are timed to the music, so when I can't see the screen I can still keep the same flow as the DVD without straining my neck around to try to see where the others are at.

Terri
Raphig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-08, 12:18 AM  
juberann

I have heard/read about the music being timed so well. Boy,it's getting awesome reviews at CollageVideo!!
Soapmaker~ You commented that it looks easier then it is but how difficult is it? I would consider myself a low intermediate exerciser fairly new to Pilates in general. I have found that most Pilates workouts looks much easier then they actually are.
Jules style very much appeals to me. I just don't want to buy something that will be too difficult.
Also,it this workout chaptered at all?? I am thisclose to buying it,especially since it is now available at totalfitnessdvds!!! Judy
Old 06-12-08, 07:03 AM  
dnna

I love this one too. I want to do it everyday. I got it for my birthday - about 2 weeks ago so it is still honeymoon time. but- You get a really good core workout and the best part is how she moves from exercise to exercise - and there is a good modifier. She really reminds you to use the modifier if your neck is bothering you. She remarks that people tend to love or hate pilates depending on how their neck feels.
The hip and thigh portion is really a burner . I love it.
now I want to get her step and core dvd.
It is easier than Winsor abs- but the flow and variety of the moves is more do-able for me.
donna
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-08, 07:14 AM  
weighttrain
VF Supporter

Jules Total Core Pilates is one of my new faves. I am fairly new to mind/body exercises and this DVD is well instructed for the new participant. For myself the exercises are not difficult and the length of the workout is reasonable.

I also like the pitch of the music as it matches the movement. I have been told by well taught pilates instructors that music should not dictate the spped of our movement but as a vidiot and group ex junkie my brain appreciates the music.

Beth
Old 06-12-08, 07:41 AM  
cristinalatina

You guys are seriously enabling me

Does it include upper body exercises? Pushups, dips, other?
Old 06-12-08, 11:51 AM  
Honeydew

this sounds good. I avoided buying because I thought I read some negative reviews at collagevideo.
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-08, 04:16 PM  
juberann

I caved and bought it from totalfitnessdvds!! Just couldn't resist! I am really loving Pilates after years of avoiding it mainly because I tried Winsor Pilates and didn't like it at all so I thought all Pilates workouts were like that
I havn't read anything but great reviews about this one. Can't wait to get it!! Judy
Old 06-12-08, 04:43 PM  
saffron

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann
I caved and bought it from totalfitnessdvds!! Just couldn't resist! I am really loving Pilates after years of avoiding it mainly because I tried Winsor Pilates and didn't like it at all so I thought all Pilates workouts were like that
I havn't read anything but great reviews about this one. Can't wait to get it!! Judy
please let us know what you think of it asap ... I'm pretty close to caving as well and I've never been a big fan of pilates - I tried Stott pilates and hated it, about as interesting as watching paint dry
saffron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jules benson, pilates