Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-23-20, 04:45 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I would agree with Pam in that the method has evolved considerably in the last few years. I think that in general they have slowed down, gotten better with cuuing, and this combo has resulted in a much safer program. There are new twists on moves, and some fun new variations as well.

Each of the instructors has their own "flavor", delivery, cuuing which keeps the method fresh.

I'd also reiterate what Pam mentioned; Essentrics and Classical Stretch are one in the same. You'll notice that both on their Facebook and PBS listings it's now called "Classical Stretch by Essentrics".

I'd encourage you to try out the streaming; the exclusive workouts are fresh and meet a variety of exercise needs/levels. I love it and use it almost daily.

ETA---Season 6 is pretty old. That was the first Season I purchased...I am thinking 2009?? Yes, the method has changed considerably since then. Miranda laughed at me when I told her my favorite episode was from Season 7 and said it was "old and dated".
I was wondering if the newer ones were less intense than the older ones, or it was simply because I tend to break up the workouts so they don't seem as hard.

I used both terms, "Classical Stretch" and "Essentrics" in my post because even though I know they're the same, those names appear on the dvd cases and it makes it easier for me to find what I might be looking for. Sometimes I've been asked what kinds of exercise I do and I'll use both names, because you can't hear the capital letters in "Classical Stretch" and it can sound generic, like "classical music" and then I have to explain that it's a specific program.
Old 11-23-20, 04:47 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
Is the Aging Backwards 3 Fast track 30 day challenge available for purchase? I have other seasons, but if it helps with making sure that you get the most from other workouts then it may be beneficial for me.
The only place I have ever seen Aging Backwards 3 Fast Track is as a gift for a donation to PBS
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 07:15 PM  
fanofladyvols

Everyone's mileage seems to vary. I think it's interesting that I have generally preferred the older seasons (Season 6, 8). I have been taking notes while doing the episodes on PBS and also think there have been more Season 11 episodes I have liked than Season 12. I didn't like as many season 9 or 10 episodes. I haven't tried any other seasons.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 09:34 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Everyone's mileage seems to vary. I think it's interesting that I have generally preferred the older seasons (Season 6, 8). I have been taking notes while doing the episodes on PBS and also think there have been more Season 11 episodes I have liked than Season 12. I didn't like as many season 9 or 10 episodes. I haven't tried any other seasons.
We have similar preferences. I do have favorites from seasons 6 and 8. I prefer 11 over 12 also but I think 12 is just very slow. I don't seem to reach for 9 or 10 often either.

I really, really like the new offerings on ETV a lot.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 10:23 PM  
Izzy

I like Season’s 6-10; I didn’t like 11-12 as they were too slow for me; and 13 was ok. I liked all “Essentrics” except Sahara’s Barre. Class 2012 and Abs/Arms are two of my favorites. I like all of the new material both ETV and DVDs. Whereas Amanda’s Aging Backwards and Facia workouts are exceptional in their information after several times I tired of hearing it. BuT I did them after my knee replacement and they really helped with recovery and mobility.

Tags
classical stretch, essentrics, season 6