Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-25-14, 10:19 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Famous View Post
I do a lot of Pilates.Molly Tittle's Quick Cut Pilates, Andrea Speir's Pilates Perfect Body, and Jules Benson's Total Core Pilates are my three go-to workouts. I am also a big fan of Pilates for Men. I could go on for a lot longer, but these should get you started!
Oh please go on about Pilates for Men. I'm curious about that one.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 12:25 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
You may or may not click with her personality, but I've found that if you like Cassey Ho, you'll probably end up loving her She has a Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/blogilates

As well as DVD (Pop Pilates), which is currently out of stock at Mary's site, but is on sale at Collage for a good price. Here's the link for both though, just so you can see different clips:

Totalfitnessdvds.com - https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Pop...y-Ho-p/924.htm

Collage Video - http://www.collagevideo.com/products...with-cassey-ho

Let us know what you end up trying!!
I will definitely let you know what I try and my thoughts on it!
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 12:27 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
Oh please go on about Pilates for Men. I'm curious about that one.
I'm curious, too. Is it more core/back oriented and less ab focused?
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 12:45 PM  
Aunt Famous

Pilates for Men is a three disc set: one using no equipment, one use a theraband, and one using an inflatable ball. (The set includes the equipment.) It is led by two male instructors, working at different levels and instructing in a pleasant but no-nonsense manner. (The lead instructor sometimes sounds a bit wooden -- "Come on, guys, you can do it." -- but I really don't mind.) I find the video with no equipment to be the most challenging of the three, and it is the one that I use the most. Each DVD lasts about 30 minutes, and the workout moves along at a nice pace. Yes, I find that the set focuses mostly on the whole core -- not just the abs -- although the band workout also has a decent amount of upper body work. I find the Pilates to be more athletic than in other Pilates discs that I own, and despite doing Pilates four to six times a week, I can always feel it when I do something from Pilates for Men. I mostly follow the more advanced moves, but some are still too advanced for me -- so there's room to grow. The workouts also make me sweat like crazy, without any plyometric or cardio intervals.

I held off on buying this set forever, and finally purchased it when Collage was going out of business. When I did, I wondered why I had hesitated to buy it. It was a great purchase for me.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific -- I tend to mix up my workouts, so I don't have great recall about exactly what the exercise sequences are -- but I know that I like the program and that it provides a challenging Pilates workout without any dread factor for me.

AF
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite pilates dvds, jules benson, pilates, pilates for men, strong strides