Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-08, 05:02 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmomus
Karen--did you enjoy the workout? What are the cardio moves like?
The cardio moves are very simple and short - knee ups, arms cross to opposite knee, plie squats, those little jumping plie moves - stuff like that. The warm-up is on the floor, you get up to do a little cardio, then back down on the floor, then back up for another short cardio, and back down to finish up. I could have done without the cardio personally.

I was struggling with a few of the moves so I'm not sure "enjoy" is a term I'd use. "Appreciate" maybe? I would use "enjoy" for the second workout though since I only watched it.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-09, 01:13 PM  
RedPanda

Well, I caved!

I think the concept of "weight loss Pilates" is dubious if it involves doing Pilates at warp-speed, but the cardio exercises shown on the Collage clip are the type that really work your transverse abdominus, so they would complement Pilates well.

Plus, I like Kristin and the little twists she brings to Pilates; the music is nice too.
Old 01-13-09, 03:34 PM  
TinaT

I'm so behind the times. I just viewed the clip at Collage and found this thread. Anyone else have an opinion on this since it's been a while since it was discussed last?

I would have to modify a bit but I'm still temped.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-09, 03:49 PM  
cynthia42

I did this one today and I liked it a lot, which was surprising because I had been a little skeptical. It offers warm-up, two "flow" sections of 20 mins each and a cool-down. You can either play all or do one of two 30-min premixes (warm up, flow 1, cool down or warm up, flow 2 and cool down). I did the first premix and I was lightly sweating through most of it.

There are some barre elements in here. Especially the warm up is very much like a barre/ballet warm-up -- marching with bent knees up (whatever that is called), plies, releves, etc. Also she throws in a few rounds of more aerobic moves every once in a while to keep your heart rate up, and those are sort of dance oriented too (fast plie jumps etc).

I like Kristin's personality and she is pleasant and gives good form instructions. The premix I did had some classic Pilates and core moves (hundred, teaser) and also butt/hamstring work done on the floor (one-legged squeezes and lifts - sorry I don't know the name for some of these things). Anyway, I was really feeling it by the end. I went for a run yesterday, which I don't normally do, and my legs were feeling a bit sore, but I was still surprised to find myself trembling a few times. I've had that happen with Pure Barre but I was thinking this was going to be more relaxing than challenging. It was relaxing, and the set and scenery and nice and calm, but it was challenging too. Me like!
cynthia42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-09, 03:58 PM  
TinaT

Thank you for updating. I really need a variety of Pilates/barre routines since I'm limited right now. I like what I saw on the preview, but I can't go by that anymore. I purchased too many, and then traded them off.

Thanks again.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-09, 04:01 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

This sounds interesting now ....

ETA after viewing this clip I really want it!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-09, 04:33 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

FYI, I got this & the one with Violet Zaki from Sam's Club the other day--they're in a 2 pk. for $15.76. I have only previewed Kristin's Weight Loss Pilates, & it looks pretty tough. I am not usually a pilates person, but most of the moves looked like sometihng I'd enjoy. (For example, I don't like lowering your legs to one side or the other for obliques--& she does that one.)

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-09, 05:51 PM  
RedPanda

This is still on sale at Amazon for $8.99.

There are some more rave reviews at Amazon too.
Old 01-13-09, 09:52 PM  
Honeydew

argh!!! I just got mari's core reformer kit! Now I gotta get this one! It looks great!
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-09, 07:56 AM  
yoni

another new Kristin DVD : Pilates For Beginners
yoni is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kristin mcgee, pilates