Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 01-06-23, 11:46 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
buffmama - would you mind sharing the gains you have made with Pilates and Trifecta Pilates? I have subscribed to Beth's site on and off, but never fully committed (exercise ADD), but I have always said, that if I wanted to get better at Pilates, Beth/Trifecta would be the way to do it - just curious to hear about the benefits you have seen, how often you practice, what other activities you do, etc.

Donna
I would like to know this too. I did look at Trifecta pilates and it looked good.
Old 01-06-23, 01:54 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
buffmama - would you mind sharing the gains you have made with Pilates and Trifecta Pilates? I have subscribed to Beth's site on and off, but never fully committed (exercise ADD), but I have always said, that if I wanted to get better at Pilates, Beth/Trifecta would be the way to do it - just curious to hear about the benefits you have seen, how often you practice, what other activities you do, etc.
Donna
I've had gains in flexibility, mobility and strength. I'm more balanced/symmetric. I have more body awareness when off the mat - am I rolling to one side of my foot? Mentally it's been good too. Do I look different? Not really sure but that's also not why I do it.

I've been doing a long practice every other day and sometimes do a 10-15 short practice on the other days as a warm up or cool down. Last time I did long classes was about 15 years ago. The longer classes don't leave me tired and are more comprehensive as I do mostly full body practices.

My other workouts have been full body strength 30-60 min (danielpt fitness, fitness kaykay, Caroline Girvan, Lift with Cee) and cardio 30 min or less(mostly growinganannas lately).
Old 01-06-23, 02:56 PM  
donnamp

Thanks, Buffmama for sharing!

I think I'm going to work with Beth's Align Calendar this month and see how it goes for me. I won't be able to do it all b/c I don't have a membership with her - but I'll do what i can and see how I feel.

Being more "balanced" is definitely a goal of mine as my right side tends to be very stiff and compressed.

Donna
Old 01-06-23, 08:01 PM  
DebnPhx
VF Supporter

Plug for ToddPilates

I have worked out with ToddPilates for several years now. He has three studios in Austin, but during the pandemic he started offering live online classes as well.

It’s fun, modern music and it’s primarily pilates but he does add in extra weights and some standing work.

I don’t know why he’s so under the radar, but I highly recommend.
Old 01-07-23, 09:49 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I agree about Trifecta Pilates. When I did Beth's streaming consistently, I saw the most improvement in my core strength I've ever seen.

Carol

Tags
pilates, pilates streaming, pilates youtube, youtube pilates