Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-02-23, 05:52 AM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I think Dr Dray mentioned it in a video. What she said was favorable enough that I wanted to try it. But I can’t find the video! However, it’s on the pricey side. I guess you can get the travel size and try it out.
Thank you. Please post if you come across the video.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-23, 09:19 PM  
Diana3271

Does anyone here wear a wig? A friend bought a wig and I tried it on. It looks really good. My hair is very short and the wig is longer hair. Any thoughts and what is your experience?

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-23, 08:22 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Ahh, glad I subscribed to this thread - I could only find it under the subscribed threads on my page since the search feature isn't working!

Here are a couple of random questions that have come to mind of late.

First, if you use shower gel in the shower, what do you use to apply it? I don't really like washcloths and so I'm currently using a "pouf," but I hate how they get out of shape so quickly. Does anyone have something they like better?

Second, has anyone found that their antiperspirant works differently after menopause? I can't find an antiperspirant that I really like - I don't consider myself a bit sweater, but I don't like wetness under my arms, and these days, only the smallest amount of warm seems to produce a product fail (this is especially weird because I'm so often cold, not hot!). Then I saw something about increased sweating in menopause, so I'm wondering if that could be a factor even though I don't think I'm sweating any more overall. Anyway, is there a particular antiperspirant that you would recommend, mainly for wetness issues?

Okay, here's my final question - does anyone have any Dollar Tree beauty products that they really like? I saw a purple shampoo there that seems to have good reviews. I've tried things there before that I've liked, but I was wondering if anyone has regular DT products that they really love.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-23, 10:14 PM  
Leonana

Beth, I don’t normally buy DT products because I have a fragrance allergy and everything has fragrance. However, recently they started having a few fragrance free items I’d like to try. Dr Dray did a recent video of DT skincare to try.

https://youtu.be/Ac2zD2BAwts

Someone else will have to chime in on the DT haircare. If you’re looking for a hair you tube channel, Abbey Yung has good hair care videos.
Old 05-31-23, 10:04 AM  
BunnyHop

Beth,

In terms of the pouf, are you sure you're using a good one? Maybe I lucked out, but I never have trouble with mine. (Sorry, no idea what brand they are, but I've been using the same few in rotation forever).
Between uses I hang it on one of the shower knobs. To wash, I put it in the laundry in a delicates bag.

In terms of deodorant, I've mostly been using unscented mens APD sticks. Michum, Arm and Hammer. I've been working my way through the ones in the cabinet, and I've had some so long I don't know what to look for in the stores any more because all the labeling has been updated. I've also been happy with one of the others, Degree? Agree? One of them had a clear jel stuff that applied well and worked fine. Was using it til it ran out a few weeks ago, but now I'm drawing a blank on whichever specific brand it was, LOL!!

I haven't yet tried any of the clinical strength products available.
Old 05-31-23, 10:57 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anna thanks for your thoughts! I have tried a few men's products - there was an Old Spice one I liked a few years back, but either they stopped making it or my store just stopped carrying it. I should try some of the men's unscented. I do get confused by all of the active ingredients; the percentages vary, but some are septa, tetra, etc. so I'm not sure if you can compare evenly.

I haven't tried any of the clinical either. I guess I can't wrap my mind around needing that because I don't sweat heavily in general; there just seems to be an increase in underarm wetness. Has anyone else noticed this post-menopause?

Sherry, that's for that video; it was interesting to hear her weigh in about different DT products. I'll definitely have to seek out info for hair products too.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-03-23, 06:38 AM  
Carol K

I like Dove solid in the sensitive formula.
Old 06-03-23, 09:43 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
In terms of the pouf, are you sure you're using a good one? Maybe I lucked out, but I never have trouble with mine. (Sorry, no idea what brand they are, but I've been using the same few in rotation forever).
Between uses I hang it on one of the shower knobs. To wash, I put it in the laundry in a delicates bag.
I rotate among about 5 poufs and never use the same one longer than a couple of days before putting it to be washed with towels. I don't put them in a delicates bag but just in with the rest of the towels on a hot/cold cycle, then hang them to dry (DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE DRYER). If one loses its shape, I throw it away and buy a new one so I can keep the same number in my supply.
Old 06-03-23, 07:45 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I think I might have had this in the past but don't recall disliking it; maybe it's time to give it another shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
I rotate among about 5 poufs and never use the same one longer than a couple of days before putting it to be washed with towels. I don't put them in a delicates bag but just in with the rest of the towels on a hot/cold cycle, then hang them to dry (DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE DRYER). If one loses its shape, I throw it away and buy a new one so I can keep the same number in my supply.
That's a good idea! I actually never thought of washing them; I just use them until they loose their shape. But I was thinking on switching to something new in part because I'm not thrilled about how they lather, even when they are new.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 06-03-23, 09:51 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
Me too.

Tags
2023, 2023 beauty, beauty, beauty products, beauty thread, beauty thread 2023, beauty tips, hair products, off topic, off-topic