Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-10-21, 07:58 PM  
horusosiris

Bee- I am just the opposite. I have to force myself not to do a yin practice. I LOVE yin yoga!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-21, 07:38 AM  
Mickey12

ChelePA the duck in your yard is hysterical! We were on a road trip once after it had rained heavily and we passed a house that had a huge puddle in the yard and there was a duck happily swimming around. It was so funny and out of place. It made my day!

I'm in no way doing the Rock Bottoms rotation, but I am getting inspiration from you guys on what workouts to do. So this morning I chose Tabatasize, rounds 1 and 2, then I did a 30 minute practice from 30 Day Yoga Retreat. It was a nice balance of tough stuff and gentle movement and stretches. It felt great.

Today may be my last day of jury duty. We're hearing closing arguments in the morning and then deliberating this afternoon. If we reach a verdict today we're done. I hope we can decide so we don't have to go back tomorrow.

Have a great day you fierce Watulans.
Old 05-11-21, 08:22 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
ChelePA the duck in your yard is hysterical! We were on a road trip once after it had rained heavily and we passed a house that had a huge puddle in the yard and there was a duck happily swimming around. It was so funny and out of place. It made my day!

I'm in no way doing the Rock Bottoms rotation, but I am getting inspiration from you guys on what workouts to do. So this morning I chose Tabatasize, rounds 1 and 2, then I did a 30 minute practice from 30 Day Yoga Retreat. It was a nice balance of tough stuff and gentle movement and stretches. It felt great.

Today may be my last day of jury duty. We're hearing closing arguments in the morning and then deliberating this afternoon. If we reach a verdict today we're done. I hope we can decide so we don't have to go back tomorrow.

Have a great day you fierce Watulans.
Fingers crossed it’s your last day. This board is inspirational.

The duck totally surprised me. I snapped a few pictures of it plus a good one of him swimming in the pool. I posted it to our neighborhood group and everyone found it quite hysterical!!

Lower Body Blast is no joke. Those endless pulses were brutal! I think cycling and the 5 tabatas caught up with me today. Floor work has always been a challenge. No ankle weights needed for intensity. I might add the bonus barre on later for Two for Tuesday if I have time this evening.

Hope everyone enjoys their day!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-21, 06:39 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi kids!!

Kim: Purify was tough. I'm very slowly working through some of the ID practices. I have so much to choose from!

bee: Ugh on the jury duty. Not something I care to do.

ChelePA: Yup I bet Rock Bottoms rotation is exactly for that! Cathe is good at that.
Hope your weekend get together was fun!

Cat: Yay on the beans and garden!!! I haven't even planted yet...we just had frost last night.
GREAT workouts girl!

horusosiris: I LOVE the One on Ones! Yes Diamond Delts is wicked! I just need to start downsizing. No way I can do all my workouts in a year!

manley: You should wait until all the leaves on the daffs turn brown and fall off. The bulb gets next year's nutrients from the foliage. Then just move them wherever.

Belated Happy Mother's Day to all. This is the first Mother's Day since my Mom died last May. It was a sad day but I did get to see my oldest son and two of my step kids.

So yesterday I rearranged my workout plans. I started doing P90x+ Upper Plus and just wasn't feeling it. So I popped in my new Iron Core Kettlebell set. Started with Iron Core Kbell #1. Very basic but really pretty good, especially going with heavier bells. I like Sarah Lurie and will keep working through the other 3 (out of 4) workouts.

Today swung back to Cathe and did Step Boss Imax4. I did the Double Blast premix this time and it was fantastic!!!! Came in at just over an hour so perfect time too.

I'm thinking I will keep working in a few kettlebell workouts this month.

Waves to all, hugs and sending you all fierce vibes for your next workout! Bring it!! Come on! YOU CAN DO THIS!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-21, 07:06 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans!

I've continued with the Rock Bottoms rotation. I've done Perfect Pump Lower Body plus the bonus lower body and Tabatacise (all 5---I did use a 6 inch step for the step portions whereas I think Cathe uses 8 inches). I actually did rest yesterday before starting week 3 today. I needed the day off! This rotation is tougher than I thought it would be! I'm not sure whether I'll do all the bonuses this week. My knees may not be able to take it, and heaven knows there are plenty of squats and lunges in the DVDs that I may decide no mas.

bee, I agree that Tabatacise used to have more of a sense of dread for me. I did all 5 segments and they didn't seem as hard as I expected. Maybe we both are in better condition than we thought! Oh, and LOL on the Lower Body Blast eyebrow mention. I remember that. Really, I think the airbrushing was a lil over the top on the covers in this series. I'm glad that everyone seems to be adjusting to the new arrival in your house. As you well know, cats are extremely routine oriented and any change kind of freaks them out for awhile.

Nathalie, I was the one that commented on the Crazy Smiling Woman who appears in several of the Lives. Thanks for the warning about #233. I haven't done that one yet but forewarned is forearmed.

Chele, I liked the duck story. Funny since we always see at least one duck in the yard every day, sometimes Canada geese as well. Our backyard neighbor has a pool and before he bought a solid pool cover the ducks would swim in his pool every day. I'm sure they pooped up a storm in there too which made their investment in what must have been a very expensive cover worthwhile I'm sure. When we have hard rain they do swim around in any puddles that form in our backyard. The Muscovy ducks are large and look like Baby Huey when they "swim" in puddles that are barely bigger than they are!

horusosiris, forgot to thank you for the link to help me put together some premixes for CTX! Oh, and for the fill in the blank question I would add a #4. It's been years since you've done some of the workouts and they seem new to you.

Mickey12, hope your jury duty is finished! Our courthouse doesn't have much in the way of places to eat close by so I'm glad I didn't have to find a place. Glad that you are able to find a silver lining in doing a duty that not everyone finds pleasant. Do you get a "pass" now for awhile since you've served? I can't be called up for 3 years after my term expired.

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 08:31 AM  
fanofladyvols

horusosiris
I think this would make a good stand alone thread. Why don't you post it?

Fill in the Blank. You know you have too many exercise DVDs when__________________

1. You read the "request the wealth" thread and you can't believe you don't own it
2. You read the request the wealth thread to find someone who is looking for your purge items
3. You see a request of a DVD that you might want to purchase, too, but then check and realize that you already purged it!
4. You know you have that DVD on the request the wealth, but after searching, you also have a backup copy that you can share because you are ok with that now.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 01:14 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hi All!

Yes, I hope your jury duty did end as you thought, Kim! Nice and quick!!

Oh, I was thinking Linda would really like Lower Body Blast with the orange and blue there. And..... am I the only one who wonders what Cathe does with all of the scenes from outside the windows once they've filmed? She's had so many over the years. Sometimes when I notice them it makes me wonder.... Yes, Chele, the pulses were brutal! And the airbrushing, too, cataddict!

Today I did Rockout Knock Out -- I think that may only be my second time doing this workout since I acquired it only sometime in the last year. I liked it -- seemed like it was repetitive enough to get me into a zen mode by then when I was starting to get bored she would change things up. I added on the ab stacker abs from PHA that some of you have did. It was a fun way to do abs, but my hair was down and I kept grabbing hair with them and in the end.... well, I just held a plank, too.

horusosiris, I love yin also.... I just don't necessarily think to do it for whatever reason.

Kate, I hope you can get some planting weather soon! My tomatoes are starting to flower...... can't wait to have tomatoes again!!

Waves to all! Hope you are having a good week.
Old 05-12-21, 01:56 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Watulans!!!

horusosiris: I love Yin Yoga too. Very centering and can actually be harder than regular Yoga as far as being still and not fidgeting.

cat: You sure make me want to resubscribe to Cathe Live. Crazy smiling woman?

Linda: Too many workout videos? Nahhhh. ;-)
You know you have too many exercise DVDs when you ignore the question. LOL

bee: I am going to get my garden planted this weekend. As long as I get it in by first week of June I'll be ok.

Today I did Sarah Lurie Iron Core Way 2 and added on Skogg Kettlebell Roots Level 1. I wasn't as thrilled with ICW2 and the actual workout is only about 35 min so that's why I added Skogg. Short and sweet. I forgot how good his Kbell workouts are.

I have still been doing Yoga almost every day. Today was Eoin Finn's audio practice called Blissology Conduit.
Check this out if you like Eoin. They're all free!
https://www.mixcloud.com/yogablissologywitheoinfinn/

Have a goodies!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 01:57 PM  
manleym

Hi Everyone! Hope everyone is doing well and having a great Wednesday!

Bee I do have both Lower Body Blast and Chiseled Lower Body Blast. Lower Body Blast is repeated in week 4 on Friday. That's why I was thinking about subbing Great Glutes. But LBB is so good I might do it again! I'm glad Shelia is adjusting and that your dogs are accepting her. Sounds like they're having fun together.

Kim are you finished with jury duty?

KateTT thanks for the tip on when to move the daffs. I kinda thought I should wait until they go dormant but am afraid I'll forget. I totally forget about them until they start blooming. Hopefully I won't forget to move them.

ChelePA funny story about Winston and his new "acquaintance". He hadn't seen one of those before. We had some feral cats fighting in our back yard last night. We didn't actually see them fighting, but heard all this commotion and when we looked out the sunroom windows there were two of them all puffed up, stalking and chasing each other. One finally ran into the creek, so that was the end of it.

Cataddict funny about Cathe's brows on the cover of Lower Body Blast. I'm sure now Cathe looks at it as one of those "what was I thinking?" moments. Or a brow job that went terribly wrong!

Yay for all of you killing Tabatacise! Love that it's been more doable for some of you than the last time you did it! Woot! Woot! I agree that this is a really good rotation, great even without the BBW and 200 walking lunges. Just doing the workouts is plenty!

Agree with those of you who said LBB is no joke! BOY HOWDY! On Monday I did Lower Body Blast Standing + Floorwork + Barre and WOW, what a complete lower body burn out! I loved it! Good music, nice variety of moves, crazy endless pulses (didn't love those - YIKES!) I really did enjoy the floorwork since I don't do it often. The barre section was good, but I was tired so I'm sure my form was suffering. I wanted to do it though since there isn't any other floorwork or barre in this rotation.

Yesterday was Ramped Up Upper Body plus 200 unweighted walking lunges. I'm not ready to attempt this many walking lunges with weights. Might build up to that. I was able to do all 200 at the same time (small break at 100) and they felt better than last week. I was really trying to focus on my form and not rush. And like ya'll, the BBW and walking lunges are only if I feel up to it. I'll do what I can, but if I don't do either, then I still know I got a great workout with just the dvd.

Hugs and waves everyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 05:53 PM  
ChelePA

So ladies I just wanted to check-in with some bad news. Unfortunately a car driving on back country roads yesterday couldn’t slow down when a vehicle in front of it was making a turn and swerved into me head on. I was going about 35 mph and he was driving much faster than that. Air bags went off and everything. You know when you see something in slow mo and you can’t do anything about it. It was terrifying! I have a fractured C7 as well as multiple fractures in my right lower leg. It’s going to take multiple surgeries to fix my right leg / knee area. The C7 fracture doesn’t appear to be impeding on the spinal cord and the blood flow is OK. I have to wear a cervical collar for six weeks. Hopefully I can read your posts from time to time. But I’m out of commission for many many months. Visiting hours are quite limited with Covid so I thought I would post this quick note. You ladies always inspire me and I’m hoping to be back sooner rather than later.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in