Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Crone Cronies - School Is Like Toilet Paper. You Only Miss It When It's Gone. Sept 12 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231736)

Laura S. 09-12-21 07:26 AM

Crone Cronies - School Is Like Toilet Paper. You Only Miss It When It's Gone. Sept 12

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura S. 09-12-21 07:31 AM

It has been a beautiful weekend. Today, we will pick up food from our favorite Chinese restaurant and take it over to Mom and Dad's for lunch. We also need to start preparing for work being done on our bathroom this week. They'll be re-grouting the shower and we figure it's going to be dusty, so we need move stuff.

Everyone have a good day. :sun:

sciencelady 09-12-21 07:50 AM

Good morning!

Thank you so much for starting us off, Laura - like the title! :cool::D

I'll plan on taking Gus for a walk first, then going for a trip to the Renaissance Festival with Adelija - figured she'd have a good day there.

Laura, how did you tell regrouting makes a difference in your shower? Leaks? Stains? Enjoy your Chinese food! :yummy:

Waves to all!

Anita

Paula 09-12-21 08:53 PM

Good evening. Workout this evening was Pahla B September Day 5 - Balance and Stretch and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Laura, thanks for getting us started, another good title. Sounds like you had a pleasant day planned. I do think you're right to expect dust with the bathroom work.

Anita, the Reniassance festival sounds like fun! DH and I went to several. I think the one here was cancelled this year as well as last. Things are slow to get back to where they were. Hope Adelija had fun.

sciencelady 09-13-21 07:30 AM

Good morning!

Adelija will be taking the bus to school this morning! Yay! :music: Hopefully all will work well with that! Nothing much planned for me other than taking Gus for a walk. I am starting to take plants in from outside - may be several weeks till frost, but I'd rather keep things safe. We had a good time at the Renaissance Fair yesterday and also stopped by a huge candy store about 20 minutes further out of town - glad I was able to pair those rather than take another trip out to there. I didn't wear my mask at the Renaissance Festival as we were outside most of the time, but I did wear it in the crowded candy store.

Paula, we had last years Renaissance Fair cancelled due to Covid, but I'm glad they did it this year. Adelija had a very nice trip - I did get in 14,000 steps yesterday. There were a few older regular performers that I didn't see at the show though :(.

Waves to all!

Anita

Laura S. 09-13-21 03:40 PM

We have had a nice day. This morning, we got stuff done around the house. This afternoon, I took DH to a PT appointment and went to the chiropractor for me. DH seems to be in less pain today overall and hopefully the PT appointment will help more.

Anita - We have been getting mold in the corners and edges of the shower where the grout should be. It's not a ton, but persistent.

Paula - Yeah, it seems inevitable. I want to find some plastic sheeting to put over the door to the closet. It's too bad you are so experienced in this topic. ;)

Paula 09-13-21 09:38 PM

Good evening. Workout this morning was Travis Eliot Yin Yoga Foundations and a neighborhood walk with DH. Just ran errands today.

Anita, I hope Adelija is feeling indepent and can get around on her own. So much was cancelled last year that doing anything this year feels extra fun.

Laura, glad your DH is feeling better. Yeah, anything you can do to keep the dust down during reovation will be helpful later on down the road.

sciencelady 09-14-21 07:58 AM

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus with some friends from work today. Adelija hopefully made it to school without problems this morning! I'm glad she's resourceful enough to call Uber if she takes the wrong bus - she did that yesterday when her route got screwed up (didn't realize two bus types came down that road). Frankly, I'm glad she doesn't call me for help at that time of morning!

Laura, hope the PT session helps your DH :heart:. I get mold every once in a while in my shower between tiles, but I just clean it with bleach, not re-grouting. Maybe something I should reconsider? :confused:

Paula, Adelija is very comfortable with buses, trains, and Uber type rides coming from Europe - that's their method of travel. I'm very glad of that as I'm just trying to see these routines and figure them out for her - frankly, I haven't taken these methods of travel :o. I am enjoying able to get around a bit better these days with Covid vaccination instead of sitting at home.

Waves to all!

Anita

Laura S. 09-14-21 06:48 PM

What a week. It has been a long week, and it's only Tuesday. On Thursday, we have the regrouting, so we are taking showers in the other bathroom on this level. It's throwing us off balance. First thing this morning, we had the company that services our HVAC for the bi-annual check and they installed an air purifier on the system that is for the downstairs. I dealt with them because DH laid down for a rest. After that, I went to Walmart to pick up an order and while I did that, DH texted me that the temp in the refrigerator was 64, despite being set to 37 degrees. While waiting at Walmart, I started calling appliance repair places. They are all so busy that I was lucky to finally find one that could come out on Friday; the rest weren't available until the latter part of next week. I came home and unloaded, put on a load of laundry, and had lunch. After lunch, I went for my infusion. Late this afternoon, I continued to look at possible hotels. The family we were going to see in Charlotte won't be available to see us, so instead we are thinking about going to the shore for several days.

Tomorrow will encompass another set of issues and continuation of some of the ones from today.

Anita - We're not talking about periodic mold. We can hit it with bleach and multiple cleaners and cut back on the mold, but it never goes away. There's not a ton of it, but it's not possible to clean it away. If you can hit yours with bleach and get rid of it, I wouldn't worry about it. It's good that Adelija is self-sufficient.

Paula - It sounds like you're back into the swing of life there.

Paula 09-14-21 10:26 PM

Good venting. Workout this morning was Paula B body shaping Day 15 strength.
Went to lunch with friends, it’s so nice to be getting back to some socializing.
Other than that, didn’t do much.

Anita, Hope you and Gus had a good walk. So nice Adelija is independent, takes a load off you.

Laura, sounds like you had a hectic day. I had perpetual mold in the shower track before we remodeling our bathroom. The metal was so old and pitted, mold just go into the corners and tiny pit marks and became in possession to remove.