Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Crone Cronies - I Love Labor Day, A Day When I Celebrate Work Without Doing Any! 9/5 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231705)

Laura S. 09-09-21 05:44 PM

It POURED here this morning. Hurricane Mindy was moving up the east coast, not making landfall, but the outer bands bringing a lot of rain. It was during my training session over at the local lady's house. I was there a couple of hours and then swung by Publix to pick up an order and then came home. This afternoon, I took DH to a medical appointment across town. It was a busy day.

Tomorrow, we get our hair cut. Yay! It was due last Friday. My hair looked surprisingly good until Tuesday, when it spiraled out of control.

Anita - I hope the first day of school went well, and she met some new friends.

Paula 09-09-21 08:46 PM

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, ANITA!!!!!

Good evening. Workout this morning was a Met Con workout with Pahla B - Day 2 in the September series.

I flew home yesterday. The flights were uneventful. I had a very nice visit and got to see Laura and introduce her to my sister. Spent today getting groceries and washing clothes.

Laura, it was so good to see you again!

sciencelady 09-10-21 06:48 AM

Good morning!

Thanks for my birthday wishes! Today will be the WRC and I'll take Adelija to her school before that - luckily both are a few blocks apart. Otherwise trying to get used to these dark mornings before the time changes. I'll do some yard work before Adelija gets home - she did OK with the bus yesterday.

Laura, good luck with your hair cut today! I didn't realize there was another hurricane coming in - hope all goes well in your area! Adelija met someone that's in several of her classes that she's making friends with - good!

Paula, thanks for the birthday wishes! Nice to be home again!

Waves to all!

Anita

Laura S. 09-10-21 05:05 PM

The haircut was great. I feel light-headed in a good way. :p We picked up dinner on the way home. It was a beautiful day today, nice to get out into.

Anita - The hurricane isn't coming in. Yesterday, it moved from south to north parallel to the coast over the ocean. The outer bands were all that came on shore and that's what gave us all the rain. Yay! It sounds like you are figuring out your routines. It's good to get them established before the dark and cold hit.

Paula - I'm glad the trip home was uneventful - the best kind, especially these days. Hopefully, the rest of the visit was good and you had a good time with your family. Good luck getting caught up with life. It was good to see you, too.

Paula 09-10-21 08:02 PM

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Fitness September Day 3 Standing Abs, a 10 minute yoga cool down. We went to Dana Point today and had a nice walk around the marina.

Anita, I'm glad Adelija is learning to get around town on her own. Is Fall in the air there? When I was in NC it sure still felt like summer. Back home in California it isn't feeling like Fall yet here either. I will be a bit grateful when it does.

Laura, yeah, getting a haircut can feel liberating. I had a wonderful time with my family. My annual visit is something I look forward to and missed when I could not visit last year. I am feeling caught up today.

sciencelady 09-11-21 08:32 AM

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus with Adelija this morning. Then planning on putzing around the house and garden. Adelija wants to go to a friend's house from school tonight - should be good for her, but it's a ways away and unsure about how often buses come around on a Saturday night. It is a bit weird for me that Adelija is three years younger than the 9/11 remembrance - so young!

Laura, nice to get a good haircut! Glad the hurricane missed you!

Paula, I'm sure feeling fall coming, although the temps are still on the warm side - the light is almost down to the 12 hours on/12 out outside - I never get used to the short days in winter. Can't believe it takes till November to change hours.

Waves to all!

Anita

Laura S. 09-11-21 01:01 PM

It's another beautiful day here with sunshine and highs in the 80s. Paula, after you left, we had a break in the heat and it has been great. Of course, we'll go back to 90+ on Monday.

We're having a lazy Saturday. We've watched some of the 9/11 coverage. It seems incredible that day was 20 years ago. Living in the DC area, it was a wild day. DH worked downtown, but was on a business trip to Kansas that week, so he wasn't in town. That was handy when all of DH's family called me to see if he was okay, because I could absolutely say he was not in harm's way out in Kansas.

Anita - It's hard to understand that there are people in the world who don't remember that day.

Paula - I'm really glad you got to see and catch up with your family. It feels good, doesn't it?

Paula 09-11-21 08:32 PM

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B September day 4 - Cardio Tone followed by a 10 yoga stretch.

My own recollection of 9/11/2001 is still fresh. DH left for work an hour or more before me. He had left and I was getting ready for work when I got a call - it was DH calling to tell to turn on the TV, the first plane had just hit the first tower. I had two cousins who normally worked in the Pentagon - it took us several days to hear from them as communication was down. The entire family took a collective sign of relief when both of my cousins were fine. One cousin,her office had just been moved out of the Penatgon building the week before,otherwise she would have been near where the plane went into the Penatgon building.

Anita, yes, it's funny thinking that Adelija wasn't born yet on 9/11. It's still too hot and sunny here to think of Fall.

Laura, I did enjoy spending time with family and I'm so glad we got the chance to catch up while I was there.