Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Do You Choose a Word for the Year? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232190)

Laura S. 12-31-21 01:59 PM

Do You Choose a Word for the Year?

For the past few years, I've chosen a word for the year. At the end of each year, I've looked back and been amazed by how much that word affected my year.

This year, my word was FLOW as in: Learn to go with the FLOW

I got a late start considering this for 2022. There's no rule of the universe that says you have to choose your word before January 1 and I hope to finish the process in the next few days.

Do you choose a word of the year? Does it do anything for you? What is your word for 2022 (if you don't mind sharing)?

Vantreesta 12-31-21 02:29 PM

My word last year was mindfulness. I have to admit, even though it was in my signature line I only occasionally thought about it.

I'm leaning toward consistency for 2022.

gladgirl 12-31-21 03:46 PM

[QUOTE=Vantreesta;2951271

I'm leaning toward consistency for 2022.[/QUOTE]

Hah! You read my mind…CONSISTENT is my 2022 word.
Last year was peace.

BunnyHop 12-31-21 04:10 PM

I'm making "magical journeys' my theme for my Bujo. Harry Potter's got a 25th anniversary coming up, I'm generally hoping to do some traveling, and I sincerely hope I make progress on some more mundane goals, so I hope that playing around with that concept will spark some inspiration.

"Realistic expectations" are also key for me, but I'm still toying around with ways to combine the two. :)

Don't have a specific word for the year, but I'm thinking I'll try to be more consistent pulling words out of the jar I have. I use them to spark my imagination or support my meditation practice, nothing elaborate. If nothing else, if I select words consistently I won't have to dust the container as much.

rhbrand 12-31-21 04:25 PM

Mine is
Consistency

I need to be more consistent with my healthy living overall. I do good for a couple days then fall apart for a week, then do good for a couple days.

bubbles76 12-31-21 04:41 PM

If I could pick two words for 2022 they would be JOY and ORGANIZATION. I seem to have been bereft of both in 2021.

Izzy 12-31-21 06:19 PM

Normally I don’t choose a word of the year. I don’t want to commit myself to one thing and it’s always changing.

But this past week I find myself saying to myself that no matter what, I want to be in a better place this time next year. Be better emotionally, mentally, professionally, physically, just be in a better place overall. So my word is Be Better. My goal is just to be in a better place this time next year.

Sollamyn 12-31-21 06:20 PM

New Beginnings...

I came across a song while surfing through my Amazon Music collection the other day. It's a favorite of mine but I don't listen to it very often--since we all have so many choices these days of what we can listen to or watch, often my old favorites get lost in the shuffle.

The song is From the Beginning by Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. "You see it's all clear, you were meant to be here...from the beginning."

I don't know what the songwriter meant by the words of this song, but I'm taking my own meaning from it. I think just from what all has been going on in the world, lately, in addition to what's has been happening in my own life, plus watching the movie Don't Look Up recently...I just really feel like I need to make this year count, now more than ever.

Thanks for letting me share these deep thoughts!:o:p I can't do it anywhere else, it seems, because I'm so afraid of being judged by the people who know me IRL. :eek:

Donna

fanofladyvols 12-31-21 06:24 PM

Yes I do and I love doing it!

Two years ago, it was strength and this year was resilience. They both have had uncanny application to the years.

I used both words to guide me as I built rotations or chose workouts to purchase, or use.

I'm still trying to determine my 2022 word because I'm still trying to decide my central focus for the year.

bee 12-31-21 08:17 PM

I hope that I can be an example for no one and amusing for all..... I joined Gretchen Rubin's happiness project online group last year, and by April I fizzled out of all of it. Seeing this thread, I remember that we picked a word for the year, and I just went back to look it up because...... I can't even remember what word I picked! All I could find was a note from the end of January saying that I did pick a word of the year, I wrote my list of goals for the year, etc..... but.... nowhere can I find what the word I picked was. What does this say about me?! What would Gretchen think? Ug. There's nowhere to go but up, I think.