Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   2021 Hits and Misses (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231700)

bzar 09-04-21 12:19 PM

2021 Hits and Misses

Hits:
Yoga Foundations with Travis Eliot
Walk Strong 6 Week Transformation with Jessica Smith

unsure - too early to tell:
Boss Bands Total Body Workout with Cathe - i liked her Travel Fit band workout better. i'll keep trying this newer one and decide.

Misses:
Endurance 100, 110, & 120 Interval Training 3 DVD Set - Linda Wooldridge; i'm finding that i prefer Linda's pilates offerings over all of the styles i've tried.

Feel Good Series - Linda Wooldridge; i thought this would be an Ellen Barrett-like workout, but it's not. in fact, i can't distinguish it from Linda's other workouts.

FirmDancer 09-06-21 12:30 PM

I only purchased two workout DVDs so far this year - yippee !! (Cathe Boss Bands workouts; haven't tried them yet.)

Hits:
Mainly kept to my no-buy pledge for the year!
Finally starting to make it through all the DVDs I already own & finding some gems I really enjoy. Really appreciating Jessica Smith ...

Misses:
As I go thru my DVDs, I'm finding out that I no longer like ones that I thought I liked in the past, such as the FitPrimes ...

-Anita

ellaenchanted 09-06-21 12:48 PM

Hits:

GrowwithJo on YT: great energy and music and I love her walking workouts

Leslie, Jessica, Pahla B.- old favorites that are staples in my exercise life

GetHealthyU TV- love Chris Freytag and this subscription was so worth it

Misses:

Tone It Up- I canceled my subscription when it was due for renewal in March. I used to love TIU but the messaging has changed so much and K&K just don't seem invested in it anymore. It just isn't the same.

Beach Body online- just not my style of workouts anymore. Subscribed last year but just canceled. For people who like BB workouts, it is a good subscription to have and has good variety.

Joni O 09-06-21 04:29 PM

Hit: Cathe Perfect Pump (I think it was 2021).
Miss: Cathe Boss Band workouts

moonbeam31 09-06-21 09:52 PM

Hits: Jessica Smith Walk Strong 1 and 3 and All her yoga/stretching DVDs

dlb 09-07-21 03:18 AM

Hit - Barre 3 Subscription - Just enjoy it

Miss - Essentrics Subscription - I have so many Seasons but wanted to try the new instructors. Nothing wrong with them, just too many choices.

Pat58 09-07-21 08:28 AM

Thanks Jeanine, I love these discussions. :)

So far 2021 has been noteworthy for my austerity. I did not buy one single DVD! In fact I've been selling, donating and giving away.

Hits:
  • Alice Bracegirdle's Shakti Warrior program on DailyOm
  • Glo subscription when it was active
  • Ellen Barrett's Bikini Ready Fast, my first trade in five years!
  • Lucy Wyndham-Read (YT)
  • Yoga with Kassandra (YT) - surpassing SarahBeth as my favorite YT guru, she is now my go-to yogini
  • Discovering short yoga in bed routines (YT)

Misses:
  • Suddenly losing my Kundalini spark and not using my beloved RaviAna DVDs since winter. What happened? :confused: :(
  • Gym being closed for a few months
  • Heat waves impacting my outdoor walking program
  • Gave up on Essentrics TV, started bothering my back

I never thought it would happen, but DVDs seem to be falling to the wayside for me. The ones I'm keeping are mostly vintage.

diggerholliday 09-07-21 10:59 AM

Hit: Barre 3 subscription. I have used it a least once, sometimes 4x per week, since subscribing in April.
Miss: ALO subscription. I let it lapse before COVID but got sucked in again during a sale. It's all very pretty but I don't know what it is about it that gives me dread.

muggle 09-07-21 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joni o (Post 2940082)
hit: Cathe perfect pump (i think it was 2021).
Miss: Cathe boss band workouts

this!!

Leonana 09-07-21 07:41 PM

Hit: Senior Shape and Lively Ladies you tube channels

Partly a hit: Jessica Smith Lift and Shift. I think it’s excellent, but at 61, I just can’t do the program as written. I’ll probably add in a strength workout once a week.

Miss: dvds I’ve picked up at Goodwill. I never click with them and always donate them back.