Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Please recommend a good cardio DVD (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=167997)

acta5534 07-07-11 01:13 PM

Please recommend a good cardio DVD

I'm looking for a good, simple cardio workout that is challenging (but not too intense) and fun. I want to sweat and get my heart rate up. I'd prefer something without equipments, no dance or complicated choreography, no walking/jogging. I have Breathless Body and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, which I like but would like to add to that collection. TIA!

PeakFitness 07-07-11 02:04 PM

10 Minute Solution Rapid Results Fat Burner
Peak 10 Cardio?
Jillian Michaels Cardio Kickbox (only 30 minutes though)
This is Tae Bo
Elle: Cardio Body with Brooklyn Decker

cpcathy 07-07-11 02:18 PM

Tamilee Webb Tighter Assets. There are two, one with weights and one with just straightforward cardio.

yogapam 07-07-11 02:25 PM

The possibilities are endless!

These are a few of my favorites:

Caribbean Workout - Aerobics and Abs, Buns, & Thighs
Crunch Fat Burning Pilates
Charlene Prickett's Stand Up and Be Some Body
Leslie Sansone's 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk and Walk & Jog

A-Bot 07-07-11 02:34 PM

I think, Peak 10 Cardio would be good for you. It's a good sweaty workout but not too intense. Breathless Body is more intense. But you can modify up or down on Peak 10 Cardio - so you can be more or less intense if you need to be. I haven't done Jillian's in awhile, but my guess is it would be a bit more intense than Jillian's, but less than Breathless.

Nuggie's Auntie 07-07-11 02:57 PM

How do you feel about Mindy? All Out Cardio uses almost no equipment (med ball for one segment). Another option is Best of Boot Camp... again, just a little bit of med ball and nice seaside outdoor setting.

lexybeth1 07-07-11 03:13 PM

KCM TLC!!! I did this one for the first time yesterday, and I love love love it!! It has so many great premixes on it, I did workout one, which is more like boxing type drills, and the I did workout two, which is like a cardio interval type workout, boy I was sweating!! No equipment needed..fun fun fun and just all around great workout

anne 07-07-11 03:20 PM

Two good ones:

Kathy Smith Timesaver Cardio Fatburner
Denise Austin Burn Fat Fast Cardio Blast

Another few:
10 Minute Solution Rapid Results Fat Burner
Firm Cardio Party

acta5534 07-07-11 03:21 PM

Thanks for all the suggestion! I will definitely check these out. Off to Collage to watch clips. :D

Demeris 07-07-11 04:52 PM

Another vote for Charlene Prickett--any of her low impact stuff.

juberann 07-07-11 04:58 PM

Also check out totalfitnessdvds for much longer clips. Mary carries alomost every title Collage does but her clips are way longer and her shipping MUCH faster;)

AnMrsDe 07-07-11 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A-Bot (Post 1845328)
Breathless Body is more intense. But you can modify up or down on Peak 10 Cardio - so you can be more or less intense if you need to be.

You can also modify up or down on Breathless Body by following the modifiers - thus making it easier. What I tried the other day is instead of doing the whole workout, I did 30 min. of it since I added on a strength w/o afterward. I also subbed KB swings alternating every other circuit of the burpees segment which made the w/o seem to fly by for me this time around. Also doing certain circuits on and off my UR helped w/ the repetition factor. I'll probably do that again since I enjoyed it more.

yogapam 07-07-11 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juberann (Post 1845422)
Also check out totalfitnessdvds for much longer clips. Mary carries alomost every title Collage does but her clips are way longer and her shipping MUCH faster;)

I second that! Mary at totalfitnessdvds is awesome and her customer service is the best! :) Her prices are better too.