Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mind-numbingly dull, boring and repetitive workouts? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=57453)

Clare* 05-12-09 09:37 AM

I'm okay with old threads being re-opened, though it can make being a moderator hard when you don't recognize it right away. :o

But I actually prefer if someone starts a new thread with a link to the old thread and asks for opinions, etc, that way.

F1mom 05-12-09 09:51 AM

Kathy Smith Project You. It's the only workout series I could do at 6 am because I didn't have to think. She doesn't whoop in this one, either. ;)

sheepla 05-12-09 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F1mom (Post 1344079)
Kathy Smith Project You. It's the only workout series I could do at 6 am because I didn't have to think. She doesn't whoop in this one, either. ;)

But isn't this the one where the background exercisers are miked, which is a HUGE, HUGE problem for me.

Vintage VFer 05-12-09 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lissalaurel76 (Post 1343913)
GAH !!!!!!!! I HATE it when people dig up old threads. Good gawd, can't threads when they get so many years old just be archived so people can read without posting in them ?

I'm just deleting my above post. It makes me feel like I've been fooled somehow posting into a thread this old. Usually I catch it.

Blech. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. :eek:

Of course, reviving any of MY old threads is not gag-inducing! ;)

I tried to edit the title to show that the thread is old, but I couldn't. I put a note in the first post. It would be cool if posts older than a year or so could have special icons, or something.

ssgilby 05-12-09 12:35 PM

In defense of the person who revived the thread, I will point out that she clearly marked her post with a warning that it was an old thread.

Personally, I could care less if it's old. I got a huge kick out of it. This thread was before I joined VF. I never would've seen it had it not been revived. Alta's comments are hilarity itself (especially that she considers Pilates the exercise equivalent of watching paint dry), of course, and the poster who said a certain cardio workout usually had her praying for death caused me to bust a gut. Thanks, ladies! :)

Besides, according to Leslie, there possibly are NO truly boring workouts - see my sig line.

sherry7899 05-12-09 01:34 PM

It doesn't matter to me if a thread was old. I actually really enjoy reading old threads.

Alta, your comments always make me smile, no matter when they are from :D
I needed that today-thanks!

Take care,
Sherry

lissalaurel76 05-12-09 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suebella (Post 1344039)

Renda did start by saying she was reviving an old thread, which is helpful!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssgilby (Post 1344193)
In defense of the person who revived the thread, I will point out that she clearly marked her post with a warning that it was an old thread.

Yeah, but you don't see that until you've read the first several pages without realizing it's so old. Posting that it's an old thread doesn't really help when people start reading on page 1.

lissalaurel76 05-12-09 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clare* (Post 1344068)
I'm okay with old threads being re-opened, though it can make being a moderator hard when you don't recognize it right away. :o

But I actually prefer if someone starts a new thread with a link to the old thread and asks for opinions, etc, that way.

Yeah, I prefer that too.

lindseylu8 05-12-09 01:53 PM

Unfortunately most of Kim Spreens w/o's that I have tried seem about 25 hours long. I really want to like her too...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry7899 (Post 1344235)
It doesn't matter to me if a thread was old...

Yes unless its somewho time sensitve, I could care less. If I notice a thread w/ a TON of posts that I havent seen I assume its old and check the date. I would think if it bothered someone they would just start checking the dates of threads (glancing at the date on the left the post)

I can see how it could throw a mod for a loop though.

mtnmom 05-12-09 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lissalaurel76 (Post 1344237)
Yeah, but you don't see that until you've read the first several pages without realizing it's so old. Posting that it's an old thread doesn't really help when people start reading on page 1.

Right next to the title of the thread is a box with a "v", click on that when you open threads and it takes you to any post that was written since your last visit. No more wading through old posts!