Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What have you Joni O'd lately? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232810)

Vintage VFer 05-16-22 01:31 PM

What have you Joni O'd lately?

I was in the mood for vintage and tried Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Workout on Youtube.

The video quality is pretty bad, she didn't mirror cue and I didn't like the music.

I lasted about ten minutes and then did a Body Project workout.

bfit 05-16-22 04:46 PM

A lot of people will disagree with me, but I yanked Petra Kolber's Liquid Grooves. It was just too slow and repetitive. The first 10 minutes were standing in one spot lifting your arms up and down, and after 10 minutes of that I just gave up.

fanofladyvols 05-16-22 06:57 PM

A recent purchase from Totalfitness..a yoga set led by Amy Schneider...but I promptly found a VFer who seems to like it :music:

Laura S. 05-16-22 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage VFer (Post 2965465)
I was in the mood for vintage and tried Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Workout on Youtube.

The video quality is pretty bad, she didn't mirror cue and I didn't like the music.

I lasted about ten minutes and then did a Body Project workout.

The only problem with Joni O'ing YouTube video is that you just don't get the same satisfaction. Closing a video just doesn't give the same stress relief as ripping a DVD from the player and hurling it across the room! :D

fanofladyvols 05-17-22 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laura S. (Post 2965505)
.... ripping a DVD from the player and hurling it across the room! :D

Well, now...I didn't realize I needed to COMPLETE the process ..oops!

Then I guess I HAVEN'T ever ;)

carolyn jane 05-17-22 09:27 AM

I just started doing YouTube workouts last year. There are some that are really good, but I am amazed at how many terrible ones there are! There seem to be a lot of people who decided to start filming and posting workouts who call them "advanced" when they are barely moving!

wendug 05-17-22 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolyn jane (Post 2965558)
I just started doing YouTube workouts last year. There are some that are really good, but I am amazed at how many terrible ones there are! There seem to be a lot of people who decided to start filming and posting workouts who call them "advanced" when they are barely moving!

Yes, there are so many awful YT workouts, plenty of which I've Joni O'd. That's why I really appreciate the YT thread where people can post awesome instructors and workouts they've found on YT.

firmiewannabe 05-17-22 10:16 AM

During the last Totalfitnessdvds site sale, I bought the Michelle Dozois One on One set. Last night I finally tried them! I thought it was supposed to be intermediate, started with the cardio workout and wow that was super fast with moves I can't do so I thought about giving up...but I didn't, just walked in place until another move came up i could do. I then started the lower body strength workout, the warm up alone had me scratching my head and then 5 minutes into workout I gave up. Tried the upper body instead, didn't stop it but did fast forward through parts and did some. Going to tuck this set away as too advanced for my current body ability. I do love Michelle but I can't do this 1 enough to feel like I'm doing it. Maybe 1 day I'll give it another try!

Vintage VFer 05-17-22 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laura S. (Post 2965505)
The only problem with Joni O'ing YouTube video is that you just don't get the same satisfaction. Closing a video just doesn't give the same stress relief as ripping a DVD from the player and hurling it across the room! :D

Yes, it's not quite the same. :)

Laura S. 05-17-22 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofladyvols (Post 2965535)
Well, now...I didn't realize I needed to COMPLETE the process ..oops!

Then I guess I HAVEN'T ever ;)

Well, you don't NEED to. It's just so much more satisfying.... :p:D