Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Any fitness plans for the start of 2022? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232165)

Vintage VFer 12-26-21 05:16 PM

Any fitness plans for the start of 2022?

I mentioned in another thread that I plan to add weighted lifts/carries to my routine. Not a major change, just a little tweak to the routine.

How about you? Any plans (big or small) to change up your routine for 2022? Or, are you thinking about using that Christmas money to buy some new fitness equipment, gadget or streaming service?

Do tell!

:sun:

alisoncooks 12-26-21 05:24 PM

I’ve bounced in and out of my online shopping cart about 10 times, trying to get the nerve to hit “purchase” on a concept 2 rower! I’ve been planning it, but still…!!! I have to work myself up to it, lol.

Vantreesta 12-26-21 06:04 PM

Alison, I can appreciate your hesitation in pulling the trigger. I keep going back and forth on a plyo box and they're way cheaper than a C2! Good luck!

I'm planning to start the year with the 45-day rotation option of the Thick Thighs Save Lives (TTSL) ebook. ETA: Also will start back running, at the beginning yet again!

I am also trying to figure out how I want to incorporate loaded carries (thanks, Alta, I never think about them), and more mobility, agility and primal movement into my routine.

dlb 12-27-21 06:06 AM

Just to start again for the umpteenth time before yard work starts again (which will be a bit in WI).

hdw 12-27-21 08:11 AM

I want to lose 5-10 lbs!!!

Mopsy 12-27-21 08:22 AM

I'd like to get back to a more traditional cardio/strength rotation. I've been doing lots of Essentrics/Classical Stretch to keep myself moving, and while it does have benefits and feels good, I've gotten lazy and neglected other areas of fitness. I've lost a lot of upper body strength and I'm pretty sure my cardio capacity has diminished, as well.

DCW 12-27-21 08:22 AM

I want to use my bike more. Cold weather may deter other cyclists and it gives me a chance to build some stamina. Plus, I want my friends to continue our monthly bike rides.

Venus 12-27-21 08:29 AM

I'd like to do more strength training. I've been doing pretty well with cardio, pilates, and yoga, but I would like to add in more traditional strength work.

Erica H. 12-27-21 08:33 AM

I'm going to learn to walk again eventually after having major reconstructive surgery on my foot a few weeks ago. :( And I'm going to need to lose a ton of weight.

I went from being lean and fit from running/spinning/lifting weights and being disciplined with my diet to a stranger who lies around on the couch all day with her leg elevated and eating crap nonstop. :( It will be weeks before I'm allowed to even take one step on my operated foot. I need to exercise for my mental health and it's always helped me stay motivated to eat better. Without working out, everything else falls apart.

Erica

zoegirl 12-27-21 09:22 AM

I'm going to subscribe to Cathe Live and Beachbody on Demand. (My daughter is loving their barre workouts.)