Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Do you keep workouts if you like them, but can't/don't want to do them? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232127)

Sollamyn 12-15-21 09:02 PM

Do you keep workouts if you like them, but can't/don't want to do them?

I bought Tamilee Webb's Fit to the Hits Motown during Mary's last sale. I previewed it several days ago and then finally got around to using it for my workout today. However, after the warm-up, when she started teaching the first dance section, I gave up and just did my own thing. I really like the music, but the choreography was just too...dancey and too choreographed. I mean, it's not too complicated, but...I don't know what I expected. Maybe I thought it would be like Jessica Smith or Chris Freytag, but with better music?

Anyway...

Do you keep workouts like that, where you have a good time with the workout, but you don't actually follow the workout as it's presented. I mean--I did very little of what Tamilee was doing. I kept up with the beat and danced and did walking moves on my own. It was fun and I got a good workout, so I might keep it.:D

Donna

fanofladyvols 12-15-21 09:14 PM

Yes and no. But I should explain.

I have kept some and some I have given away. If someone is really looking for that workout then I would rather they try it than have me flub through it :p

I do wait a bit to be sure that I won't change my mind. There have been some dance and step workouts where the moves suddenly clicked.

But I think there are a couple Cathe step workouts where I am mostly doing my own thing during some sections but I still enjoy the workout that for some reason it doesn't matter.

DD546 12-15-21 09:46 PM

Richard Simmons comes to mind. I love his music, but his cueing leaves a lot to be desired. I also like his upbeat attitude. So sometimes I use his DVDs on the rebounder and do my own thing. Sometimes I try to follow along, and I usually end up doing my own thing. I used to feel like I had to get every step with the instructor, but now if I'm enjoying it and getting a good workout that's all that matters. That's one of the many great things about working out at home-- no one to please but me.

fatkat555 12-15-21 09:49 PM

I generally keep all of mine and have several that meet this criteria. I’m really not sure why I keep them? I figure I guess that if I took the time to research the workout there is something there that interests me even though there may be a learning curve or too easy/hard for my current fitness level. Yes, I have TONS of workouts, but nothing I’m willing to get rid of just yet.

bzar 12-16-21 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sollamyn (Post 2949777)
I bought Tamilee Webb's Fit to the Hits Motown during Mary's last sale.

i remember when this came out - i didn't click with it. in fact, i think i borrowed it from the library and decided it wasn't for me. thank goodness. a better take on this concept, if you are OK with Leslie, are the ones she did with pop music - walk to the hits all time favorites, walk to the hits party songs, walk to the hits radio remixes. i kept all of those and like them.

i have a bunch that i need to SASE away. i know i won't do them again.

on the other hand, i have many that i really enjoy.

bubbles76 12-16-21 08:22 AM

I have Christi Taylor's Solid Gold Cardio. I love this workout, but after recently doing it twice I realize it may be too much for my knees. I'm keeping it anyway :p. I have to find a way to make this workout work, as I just love Christi's music and choreography.

Leonana 12-16-21 10:10 AM

I no longer do Jessica’s earlier dvds such as 10 Pounds Down Cardio Abs and Better Body Balance. They move too fast for me now and I can’t do high impact. I did get rid of the 10MS she was in, but can’t give these two up. I have fond memories of doing them when they first came out.

ardnas 12-16-21 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sollamyn (Post 2949777)
Do you keep workouts like that, where you have a good time with the workout, but you don't actually follow the workout as it's presented. I mean--I did very little of what Tamilee was doing. I kept up with the beat and danced and did walking moves on my own. It was fun and I got a good workout, so I might keep it.:D

Donna

Yes. My moods and tastes change all the time and I often do parts of many workouts. So just because I don't or can't do sections now, I may like others at different times.
Also music is big for me, if I like it I make it work, even if I modify moves or entire sections.
With DVDs becoming scarce, I am keeping my collection.

Vintage VFer 12-16-21 12:21 PM

After my back injury, I got rid of all my kettlebell workouts except for one. It made me too sad to look at them.

bubbles76 12-16-21 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage VFer (Post 2949850)
After my back injury, I got rid of all my kettlebell workouts except for one. It made me too sad to look at them.

I'm so sorry VVFer :( That's how I feel about a lot of my high impact workouts, but I can't seem to let them go yet.