Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Cardio with Resistance Training Check-In? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232857)

Karla25 05-26-22 07:41 PM

Cardio with Resistance Training Check-In?

I love strength and flexibility training, but not so much cardio. However, I think the only way to get rid of some of my “fluff” is to incorporate more cardio in my workouts.

I would like to start a check-in with workouts that have both cardio and resistance training using weights, bands, balls, & weighted gloves. Any cardio/resistance combo is good.

Here are a few instructors (or workouts) that use a cardio combo:

*Cathe
*Chris Freytag
*Ellen Barrett
*Jessica Smith
*Leslie Sansone
*Natalie Spadaccino
*TheFirm
*Piloxing

I’m going to try to do 3 cardio/resistance workouts a week. If there’s enough interest, the check-in will start in June in the Challenges & Check-Ins section of the forum. Please let me know your thoughts :)

summer breeze 05-27-22 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karla25 (Post 2966793)
I love strength and flexibility training, but not so much cardio. However, I think the only way to get rid of some of my “fluff” is to incorporate more cardio in my workouts.

I would like to start a check-in with workouts that have both cardio and resistance training using weights, bands, balls, & weighted gloves. Any cardio/resistance combo is good.

Here are a few instructors (or workouts) that use a cardio combo:

*Cathe
*Chris Freytag
*Ellen Barrett
*Jessica Smith
*Leslie Sansone
*Natalie Spadaccino
*TheFirm
*Piloxing

I’m going to try to do 3 cardio/resistance workouts a week. If there’s enough interest, the check-in will start in June in the Challenges & Check-Ins section of the forum. Please let me know your thoughts :)

I too like cardio/resistance workouts since I'm not a cardio lover except for outdoor walking. I would add Kelly Coffey Meyer to the list. She has several workouts that combine weights with cardio and/or kickboxing. Debbie Seibers slim series too though it's an oldie. Tracie Long. And I like kettlebell swings for this type of training too.

donnamp 05-27-22 08:59 AM

I might pop in - I'm the opposite, I love cardio but strength, not so much, so this would be a good way for me to sneak my strength training in!

Jenny Ford has some circuit workouts that would fit the bill.

I also like Lively Ladies - and she does a lot of cardio/strength routines on her You Tube Channel.

Gina B has some walk/tone workouts w/ a fun feel

Karen Voight has some circuits - using the step or floor

Gilad's TV show workouts often have some cardio/strength too

Donna

Venus 05-27-22 10:44 AM

I may join in.

I'm trying to decide if I'll continue my current rotation in June or switch it up. I want to add in more cardio. I'm thinking of going back to The Firm for June. But, if I continue my current rotation, I can still add in cardio with light weights on a couple of days.

FirmDancer 05-27-22 02:06 PM

I too want to focus on cardio/resistance (or AWT as the Firm calls it). I have a subscription to Les Mills On Demand (thru my Medicare supplemental insurance plan). I have been doing Body Combat (kickboxing) & finally feel strong enough to tackle some short Body Pump (cardio/resistance) classes. Other DVDs I could use: pink Firms, KCM, and Jessica Smith.

Karla25 05-27-22 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FirmDancer (Post 2966875)
I too want to focus on cardio/resistance (or AWT as the Firm calls it). I have a subscription to Les Mills On Demand (thru my Medicare supplemental insurance plan). I have been doing Body Combat (kickboxing) & finally feel strong enough to tackle some short Body Pump (cardio/resistance) classes. Other DVDs I could use: pink Firms, KCM, and Jessica Smith.

I have some pink Firms that I can send you. Please let me know if you're interested and I will send you a list :)

Karla25 05-29-22 12:51 PM

:sun: Bumping to see if there's any additional interest :sun:

FirmDancer 05-31-22 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karla25 (Post 2966890)
I have some pink Firms that I can send you. Please let me know if you're interested and I will send you a list :)

Oh my gosh! That is so sweet of you!! But I don't need any; I re-read my post and I think I worded it improperly. What I meant was that in addition to the Les Mills workouts, I could also use my DVDs from JS, pink Firms, and KCM. :sun::heart::sun:
-Anita