Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Beginner or Slow Step Aerobic DVD (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=171074)

buffmama 09-23-11 07:06 PM

Don't completely discount Cathe. Her Basic Step and Body Fusion should fit the bill. It was my first Cathe and I still do it with a higher step. She cues and I think it is actually basic. This is one that I can't imagine giving up.

Loved Reebox the Video with Gin Miller. I did it so much I gave it up last year.

dnna 09-23-11 07:27 PM

Richard doesn't lead but talks all the way through the workout, lol when he cries out - I LOVE tap up /tap down I just fall over laughing, In the Cher step there are so many fabulous lines- perhaps my favorite is "We look like the drill team from hell"- the music is so rocking in this one-mostly sung by Cher.
love!

bfit 09-23-11 07:32 PM

Some simpler step workouts that I like are Kathy Smith's Buns and Thighs workout (an oldie but goodie) and Gilad's Step workout (also old, but I like it). newer one that is also good is the Debra Mazda step workout.

anne 09-23-11 08:12 PM

Kathy Smith's Step Workout is a good basic step tape that is available on dvd.

rosepetals 09-23-11 08:25 PM

Thank you !!! Those workout ideas sound great. I will look for them on Amazon. I feel like a clutz, lacking coordination when I do workouts, but those sound perfect. :sun:

katmom 09-23-11 08:25 PM

Another vote for Gin Miller's Everybody Steps; this one is about as basic as any step workout and Gin breaks each move down.

Kari Anderson also has Go Step Workout for Beginners. This one is slightly more complex than Everybody Steps, but I think Kari cues this one well enough a beginner could pick it up easily.

LAC 09-23-11 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buffmama (Post 1891881)
Don't completely discount Cathe. Her Basic Step and Body Fusion should fit the bill. It was my first Cathe and I still do it with a higher step. She cues and I think it is actually basic. This is one that I can't imagine giving up.

I struggled with this one - took me a long time to figure out the "Around the World" move. Yes, I am that klutzy.

rosepetals 09-23-11 08:50 PM

I will have to keep my eyes open for these. Thanks again for all the ideas. There are so many I have to try out. Keep the ideas coming !!!:D

cam522 09-23-11 08:53 PM

What about Gilad's Step Aerobics it says it's intermediate/advanced but I find it very easy to follow because it has basic step moves and does them for quite sometime. The only thing is is that it isn't mirror cued. When Gilad says start with the right foot he starts with HIS right foot which would be your left but once you get use to that it's easy.

I am uncoordinated when it comes to step aerobics but after I mastered Cathe's Basic Step I moved on to this one and I love it.

...Cheryl

alisoncooks 09-23-11 08:54 PM

What about doing step with a Leslie? Modifying the moves to a step? *In my mind* that seems like it'd be a pretty easy transition...

I know some people have used the Powerfit dvds with a step (where Stephanie uses the band on the floor, just adding your step).