Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   BEST kettlebell DVD recommendations? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=170437)

Aquajock 09-06-11 01:25 PM

BEST kettlebell DVD recommendations?

Greetings, sportsfans!

I was hoping you kettlebell enthusiasts could recommend some kettlebell DVDs that are long on effectiveness AND form integrity. My beloved SIL mentioned (and mentioned and mentioned) how interested she is in kettlebells during a recent visit, and I wanted to get her some as a gift. I myself have never been interested in that format so I know nothing, so I wanted to ask They Who Know Everything.

Thanks in advance for your help!

A-Jock

425oldsmar 09-06-11 02:19 PM

Will get beat up for this but KettleWorX works great. How do I know been using it for 1.5 years and still love it. I lost 50lbs and 6 inchs off my waist using it. Yes its only 20min's 3 times a week. Plus unlike many DVD's you get 18 different workouts so you don't get bored plus its FUN!!!! 6 weeks to burn the fat and tone up your entire body. Yep a newbie here and LOVE KETTLEWORX because it WORKS!!!!!!!

Juliepie 09-06-11 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 425oldsmar (Post 1882170)
...you get 18 different workouts...

That's because they use the same footage over and over...

eyefit 09-06-11 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juliepie (Post 1882174)

and over and over...:eek:

horusosiris 09-06-11 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juliepie (Post 1882174)

I know that others may disagree but I would not reccomend kettleworx. Ryan got on my nerves and the workouts are boring. I agree that the only reason that there are so many workouts is because the same foootage is constantly repeated. Some of the rep counts are uneven and sometimes Ryan's form is questionable.

I would recommend Skogg's (especially for learning good form) or Anthony from the AOS or Lauren Brooks.

Juliepie 09-06-11 02:32 PM

Effectiveness is in the eye of the beholder, but Kettleworx is the LAST thing you should buy if you're looking for form integrity in a kettlebell workout. (The next-to-last thing you should buy is nothing.)

Missiscipi 09-06-11 02:35 PM

I love RKS and felt I got the best results out of all the kettlebell dvds I have done in the past. Plus there is so much variety!

roleez 09-06-11 02:43 PM

Quote:

Effectiveness is in the eye of the beholder, but Kettleworx is the LAST thing you should buy if you're looking for form integrity in a kettlebell workout. (The next-to-last thing you should buy is nothing.)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
and over and over...
Your posts are cracking me up! I have to say my first thought when reading the Kettleworx recommendation was also, NO. I'm sure the set is just fine for those who are looking for non-traditional kettlebell routines but it sounds like the OP wants something more traditional.

I would recommend Lauren Brooks Volume 1 or 2 and Art of Strength Providence. They are somewhat pricy but you get multiple workouts with both Lauren's DVDs and AOS Providence is just a great routine!

425oldsmar 09-06-11 02:50 PM

Just Watch some clips on Youtube for KettleWorX and ask yourself is it something you can DO! Does it look like FUN!!! Also checkout the KW facebook page make up you own mind.

toaster 09-06-11 03:06 PM

Annette, is your sister already doing KBs or not? This might make a difference (that and whether she is new to exercising or more experiencing).

I am a high intermediate exerciser who finally decided to try kettlebells. My first DVD (which I've only done with a dumbbell so far--just order the KB yesterday!) was Angie Miller's Kettlebell Bootcamp, which I liked a lot (thanks Becky!). I also have Sarah Lurie's Iron Core Vol. 1 & 2 coming in a trade, and lots of people have recommended Lauren Brooks to me as well.