Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Covid Vaccine Reaction and Workouts (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230843)

Erica H. 04-16-21 06:04 PM

Covid Vaccine Reaction and Workouts
 
For those of you who had a reaction after your covid vaccine, did you jump right back into your normal workouts when you recovered or did you go back gradually?

I had my second Moderna dose yesterday and it hit me harder than I expected. I'm feeling a lot better, but still pretty fatigued with a headache on and off. If I wake up in the morning feeling fine, do I go ahead and do a normal workout or should I take it easier than usual? I always exercise soon after I wake up.

Maybe I'm overthinking this. :o I'm never sick so this is all new to me (even though I'm not really sick).

Erica

donnamp 04-16-21 06:27 PM

I would probably do a lighter workout - your body was stressed out and busy making antibodies, so I would give it a bit of a rest and not tax it too hard w/ a workout. Maybe something on the lighter side, assuming you feel well enough.

Donna

Erica H. 04-16-21 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnamp (Post 2921513)
I would probably do a lighter workout - your body was stressed out and busy making antibodies, so I would give it a bit of a rest and not tax it too hard w/ a workout. Maybe something on the lighter side, assuming you feel well enough.

Donna

Thank you!

Erica

txhsmom 04-16-21 06:36 PM

The second Moderna shot knocked me for a loop - I missed two days of work. It surprised me because I don't usually have reactions to vaccinations.

Obviously I didn't work out those two days. On the third day, I did a gentle pilates routine and a stretch. The day after that I went for a walk and did another pilates routine and stretch. After that day, I went back to my normal stuff - Pahla B, walks, and pilates.

Carol

Erica H. 04-16-21 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txhsmom (Post 2921518)
The second Moderna shot knocked me for a loop - I missed two days of work. It surprised me because I don't usually have reactions to vaccinations.

Obviously I didn't work out those two days. On the third day, I did a gentle pilates routine and a stretch. The day after that I went for a walk and did another pilates routine and stretch. After that day, I went back to my normal stuff - Pahla B, walks, and pilates.

Carol

Thanks! I was surprised by my reaction, too. I really didn't think I'd feel much. I usually run and lift weights, but I'm kind of scared to go out for a run and then start feeling bad once I'm already out. I think it's definitely safest if I stay home.

Erica

hedygs 04-16-21 10:58 PM

I was worried when I was getting my second dose of Pfizer. My friend said she was advised to drink lots of water the day before and after the vaccination. That and move the arm after. My arm started to hurt so I used it doing a light workout. No other reaction. I was so happy.
Maybe the water worked?

Erica H. 04-17-21 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedygs (Post 2921547)
I was worried when I was getting my second dose of Pfizer. My friend said she was advised to drink lots of water the day before and after the vaccination. That and move the arm after. My arm started to hurt so I used it doing a light workout. No other reaction. I was so happy.
Maybe the water worked?

I've also heard that staying hydrated helps and made sure I drank lots. I ended up with what I'd consider a moderate reaction.

Erica

Vintage VFer 04-17-21 10:26 AM

A friend recently postulated the theory that folks who have really bad reactions to the vaccines are folks who would have been hit the hardest with the virus.

Another "theory," but an interesting one.

sherry7899 04-17-21 10:53 AM

I got my first Pfizer shot a little over three hours ago. My arm feels fine so far. I am tired, but I have not been sleeping well. I cannot blame that on the shot.

sillygirl 04-17-21 12:53 PM

Less than 15 minutes out from receiving my first Pfizer dose! Hoping for minimal side effects but open to sleeping it off this weekend if need be. ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness