Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Jenny Ford Walk Across America (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230660)

Pam61 06-03-21 03:57 PM

Donna,

Jenny is in Oxon Hill, MD.

donnamp 06-03-21 04:16 PM

Thanks Pam!

Mickey12 06-05-21 07:40 PM

Tonight I did the North Carolina walk. It was filmed in Charlotte with large city buildings behind Jenny and a fairly busy street with lots of traffic. I liked the movement in the background. The sky was blue but it was dusk and the trees lining the street were wrapped in white lights. I thought it was a really pretty background. I enjoyed the workout too because she seemed to have a lot of variety in the routine. Some of the walks seem to be very repetitive. This one had quite a few cardio pushes, although short.

I'm still trying to make my way around the country filling in the borders first and then adding in the middle.

Vintage VFer 06-28-21 10:32 AM

Yesterday, I did the North Dakota walk. For some reason, I had trouble following her relatively simple choreography.

Maybe I'm tired. Maybe it's the heat. :confused:

The scenery was in a field and the sky is huge.

Paula N 07-16-21 11:44 AM

Just thought someone here might be interested in this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRZLMT7B0pQ/

Jenny is looking for good-quality headshots for her revamped Walk Across America website.

Dancing Queen 08-13-21 03:39 PM

I've been walking three states a week since mid-April and finished the 50th state today!

A few states had less-than-inspiring scenery, but many locations were beautiful/interesting and some were downright AMAZING. Jenny is very encouraging and has created a fun set that I'll use a lot.

Some quick stats for those who are interested:

47 solitary / 3 group workouts
26 sunny / 2 daybreak / 4 night / 18 overcast
24 natural environment / 26 urban

beyond-the-basic-walking moves: V-step, pony, mambo, cha cha, side leg lifts, squat variations, lunge variations

state-specific moves: hula arms and hips (Hawaii), the Mashed Potato (Idaho), plie surfer squats (California), the Charleston (West Virginia and South Carolina)

honorable mention: dance-it-out cooldown (Utah)

Now, I'm just waiting for Jenny to release the Step set on DVD! :love:

fanofladyvols 08-13-21 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancing Queen (Post 2937242)
I've been walking three states a week since mid-April and finished the 50th state today!

A few states had less-than-inspiring scenery, but many locations were beautiful/interesting and some were downright AMAZING. Jenny is very encouraging and has created a fun set that I'll use a lot.

Some quick stats for those who are interested:

47 solitary / 3 group workouts
26 sunny / 2 daybreak / 4 night / 18 overcast
24 natural environment / 26 urban

beyond-the-basic-walking moves: V-step, pony, mambo, cha cha, side leg lifts, squat variations, lunge variations

state-specific moves: hula arms and hips (Hawaii), the Mashed Potato (Idaho), plie surfer squats (California), the Charleston (West Virginia and South Carolina)

honorable mention: dance-it-out cooldown (Utah)

Now, I'm just waiting for Jenny to release the Step set on DVD! :love:

Dancing Queen Congratulations!! What a feat! (I'm thrilled when I finish a 6 workout set, haha!)

Thanks so much for the quick stats, too. Very helpful!!

Jennifer P. 08-13-21 05:56 PM

I have started doing these walks. I finished disc one, & I have done Arizona & Utah. I am pleasantly surprised. Yes, the walk front & back gets old, but I think Jenny did a good job making these basic, yet with enough variety so I enjoy doing them. The little cardio bursts are fun. I like to do 2 walks together, but Jenny does pack a good workout into only 30 minutes.
BTW, when I get really sick of the walk front & back, I do cut-out run-in walks instead.

Vintage VFer 08-14-21 11:05 AM

Dancing Queen - Thanks for the info!

bubbles76 08-30-21 08:20 AM

So is the overall review for this set positive? I'm considering it (again!), as I need more lower impact. Is it different enough from Leslies or others? And, most importantly, does it give a decent workout? I'm transitioning to lower impact (not by choice), but need to make sure I am still sweaty. For reference, I really like Misty Tripoli's workouts and feel I can get a decent sweat from these if I put my all into it.