Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Working out after Covid Vaccines (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230602)

Kitten 03-14-21 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam (Post 2916475)
I wasn’t expecting to feel sick after the shot, as I haven’t had a reaction to other meditation, but I had the reactions that are more common after the 2nd shot. The extreme exhaustion was the last symptom to disappear. I never had any symptoms of the virus previous to the shot. It was about a week before I worked out.

I am trying to get all client work out before I have the 2nd one. Also meals prepared, etc before I get the 2nd one. But hopefully it will not effect me so much. Has anyone heard of someone having a reaction with the first one, but not the 2nd one?

My dad actually. He called me after his first shot to let me know how it went. I called him after his second one, he said it was nothing compared to the first one.

Pam 03-14-21 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitten (Post 2916480)
My dad actually. He called me after his first shot to let me know how it went. I called him after his second one, he said it was nothing compared to the first one.

Thanks Kitten for info on how it went for your Dad. I am trying to stay positive how I am going to react to the 2nd shot.

txhsmom 03-14-21 07:36 PM

Quote:

I wasn’t expecting to feel sick after the shot, as I haven’t had a reaction to other meditation, but I had the reactions that are more common after the 2nd shot. The extreme exhaustion was the last symptom to disappear. I never had any symptoms of the virus previous to the shot. It was about a week before I worked out.

I am trying to get all client work out before I have the 2nd one. Also meals prepared, etc before I get the 2nd one. But hopefully it will not effect me so much. Has anyone heard of someone having a reaction with the first one, but not the 2nd one?

The folks I know who have had reactions to the first shot but not the second have all had CoVid already.

Carol

cataddict 03-14-21 08:32 PM

I worked out the day I got the first shot. I didn't have any reaction to the shot at all, not even a particularly sore arm. I get the second shot on Thursday morning and I'm prepared for worse but hoping for better. I probably will work out Thursday afternoon since the side effects supposedly don't start until 12-24 hours afterwards.

bfit 03-14-21 08:36 PM

I've had the first shot (Pfizer) but not the second. For the first one I had a sore arm that lasted less than a day, and it was not terribly sore. I've heard from people that I know that after the second shot some people have no reaction, some people are a little tired, and some feel crummy for about 24 hours.

Joni O 03-14-21 08:47 PM

I worked out 365 days last year and am on track for 365 this year. Come hell, high water, aches and pains, fever or chills, I'm not missing a day after my second vaccine. :D

sweetramona 03-14-21 08:55 PM

Quote:

Has anyone heard of someone having a reaction with the first one, but not the 2nd one?

I wasn't as sick as you were, but has a really sore arm and moderate flu-like symptoms with the first shot. Nothing with the second one beyond mild arm soreness. I work in a hospital so know lots of vaccinated people and it seems to be very variable.

shoegoddess 03-14-21 09:09 PM

My husband and I both got the Moderna 1st shot in February. My arm was so sore I could barely move it for 3 days. A little fatigued too. Husband had a mildly sore arm. I'm worried about the 2nd shot. But I'm still getting it. I'm so sick and tired of the restrictions.

susan p 03-14-21 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txhsmom (Post 2916485)
The folks I know who have had reactions to the first shot but not the second have all had CoVid already.

Carol

Carol, anecdotally speaking, I agree. My husband had a reaction to shot #1 but not shot #2 and I had suspected at one point that maybe he had a VERY light, almost asymptomatic case of Covid, although there is no knowing for sure.

susan p 03-14-21 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joni O (Post 2916499)
I worked out 365 days last year and am on track for 365 this year. Come hell, high water, aches and pains, fever or chills, I'm not missing a day after my second vaccine. :D

You are a HARD-CORE WOMAN, Joni O!!:cool: