Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Revisiting Cathe's Party Rockin Step #2 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=211396)

isebelleg44 07-14-15 08:55 PM

Revisiting Cathe's Party Rockin Step #2

I haven't done this in while, since I never reach for straight step anymore. I pulled it out today, cause I was looking for something different for cardio. Note to self, I really need to get a new spin bike pronto and rejoin SSOD.

I had a blast and it was fun to use a my brain a little since I never do workouts with any choreography anymore. It isn't too high in impact, so it was perfect for me today as I have been doing too much impact lately. Must get spin bike!

Maybe I will reach for Party Rockin Step #1 soon!

bubbles76 07-14-15 09:03 PM

Yes, these are quite fun!

isebelleg44 07-14-15 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbles76 (Post 2549299)
Yes, these are quite fun!

Yes that is exactly what it was, fun!:)

bubbles76 07-14-15 09:10 PM

I'm so sad that step seems to have fallen out of favor. Although I do like HIIT, some dance, etc., step will always be my bestie.

isebelleg44 07-14-15 09:14 PM

I do feel for Vfers that love workouts with choreography, as those have definitely fallen out of favor. Cathe is the only choreography I can handle anymore. I used to get really frustrated with Amy Bento's step workouts, but could handle most of Christi Taylor's stuff. Maybe not these days, as I no longer have the patience!:o

Indy 07-15-15 07:29 AM

I'm another one who loves choreography and a little more complexity to my cardio workouts. It is way more fun to think through a workout than to watch the clock. I have quite a low threshold trying to perform boring mind numbing cardio. I also don't want to jump so much anymore. Love step - used to be a massive hi lo fan - but haven't done that in awhile. I'm also sad those types of workouts have fallen out of favor.

Not a fan of either party rocking step workouts - but I'm willing to give them both another chance.

owltx 07-15-15 08:06 AM

I am a big lover of step, and love both the Party Rockin' Step workouts - there are also some great premixes on these that combine the two as well, which can be some serious fun.

I do find it sad that they are falling out of favor. I really hope one of Seasun Zieger's new workout will still be step.

It is interesting to me, because I also enjoy drills, hiits, etc and like to do all for variety. But for the most part nothing can really get my heart rate up like a step sweatfest.

Cathe is outstanding in these - fun, energetic, great cuing. They just really have great energy and I always feel great after completion.

-Stephanie

Sharaz 07-15-15 08:46 AM

I don't own Party Rocking step, but I am a big fan of step workouts. I like choreography and the focus needed while doing step workouts. I remember stepping 2 times a week in 2000 when I finished college and enrolled in a local gym. Fell in love immediately! I also enjoy HIIT drills very much.

I use Step and dance for fun steady cardio days. I also appreciate my cardio dvd's because when it comes to cardio I need extra push lol

jenn38 07-15-15 10:03 AM

PRS 1&2 are both a lot of fun. I wish Cathe would of put them on one DVD instead of two. Her live step classes are fun to.

I'm hoping Seasun releases new step workouts. She is a fun stepper. I just want them complicated enough where you have to think but not complicated enough you can't do them or easily modify.

Amy Bento's Step Challenge 5 was way to complicated IMO.

mtnmom 07-15-15 10:21 AM

I'm sad step has gone out of favor as well. :( I like ones where you have to really concentrate to get the moves, but can do 90% of them on the first try. Most of Cathe's step workouts fit that.

I think the big demise was when CIA no longer did their annual series. Lots of step instructors were able to do VHS/DVD that they couldn't have on their own.