Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Attn: disclosure policy (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=58711)

Stephanie_B 11-08-04 04:54 PM

Contests I think depend

For example when I had my letter published in Fitness magazine years ago Cathe sent me a VERY nice handwritten note and a VHS tape (see it was awhile ago as she didn't make DVDs then LOL); but, I thought she was quality before she did that and after.

Whereas I tend not to comment on the T-Tapp threads, namely since Lannette IMO does a great job!

Susan 11-08-04 05:12 PM

I like the new policy; it's very well-structured and fair to all.

THANK YOU!!!

Susan

lfcjasp 11-08-04 05:14 PM

Thanks, Wendy and moderators!!!

The new guidelines seem very balanced, fair and sensible. And Crystal, thanks for asking about the contests. I won a nice bathrobe from Wendilee, but, while it's nice, it doesn't make me any more inclined to add BBF to my list of favs.

Job well done, ladies!!!

Seabush 11-08-04 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lfcjasp
The new guidelines seem very balanced, fair and sensible. And Crystal, thanks for asking about the contests. I won a nice bathrobe from Wendilee, but, while it's nice, it doesn't make me any more inclined to add BBF to my list of favs.

Job well done, ladies!!!

Lydia,

I personally don't believe that winning a contest translates into a conflict of interest that requires you to disclose anything or make the winner's posts suspect. However, I believed it was important to raise the question due to increasing numbers of contests that seem to be cropping up from various instructors.

Crystal

lfcjasp 11-08-04 05:55 PM

Good point...this could be a problem for some, but so far the prizes aren't really big...I can see where winning a trip to workout with a favorite instructor could be a problem???? But things like bathrobes or free dvds, I don't think so.

Joe 11-08-04 05:58 PM

Big Thanks To The Mods

Since I seemed to be at the center of much of the controversy and part of the reason for the changes, I must give a huge thank you to all the moderators for the hard work they put into the policy change. It's something that I wholeheartedly is much better balanced for absolutely everybody on here. I feel much better about being here with the new policy.

((((((((((((MODERATORS))))))))))))

gypsygirl64 11-08-04 09:12 PM

Thanks WWWendy for all of your hard work! This place is a GREAT place to be and it is because of all of your hard work (and the mods).

Thank you.

PamelaP 11-08-04 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe
((((((((((((MODERATORS))))))))))))

At the risk of sounding like Elmo, hugs feel good! LOL

meggie 11-08-04 10:36 PM

Wendy & The Mods:

:love: :love: :love:

Great work. Love the policy. Kudos to all of you for keeping the board a civil and informative and warm place to visit.

xxoo
Meg

Joanna 11-08-04 11:33 PM

I have added this to my profile and sig as per guidelines. Question: I did not see mention in these guideliens about rules regarding posting. Do these still apply? I am just wondering because there at times posts that ask a question I might have an answer to. In the past you had requested that I use the report to moderator function and reply to the moderators. Does this rule still apply, or does the disclosure statement cover me if I want to reply to factual questions such as shipping or emails for customer service for example. If so, that's fine and I'll abide of course.

Joanna