Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   2021 Holiday Gift Exchange (& Possible Zoom Get Together?) (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231860)

fanofladyvols 10-21-21 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry7899 (Post 2944422)
I cannot think of any DVDs I want!

I don't think the rules call for a requirement of a DVD..just something fitness related, right?

So it could be just a monthly streaming subscription or some fitness tool/accessory.

(Unless I'm reading the rules Anne posted incorrectly?)

sherry7899 10-21-21 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofladyvols (Post 2944441)
I don't think the rules call for a requirement of a DVD..just something fitness related, right?

So it could be just a monthly streaming subscription or some fitness tool/accessory.

(Unless I'm reading the rules Anne posted incorrectly?)

You have read them correctly :sun:

Laura S. 10-21-21 05:26 PM

Maybe we can all agree that if your person posts a wish list and says something like, "There aren't any DVDs I want, but I wouldn't mind _______ (gift card for streaming, stuff for non-fitness stuff, etc.)," that we'll listen?

And, probably more realistically, since we have usually done this anyway, we won't feel like we have to come up with a ton of ideas for our wish lists that we don't really want? Personally, I could receive a small box this year and be happy. Last year, I didn't really ask for much fitness stuff because that was set for me. I did ask for stuff for my crafting and had a blast receiving stuff I'm still using.

yogapam 10-27-21 06:03 PM

So….this thread has gone pretty quiet, found it on page 4. Is there enough interest for the exchange to go ahead? If so, I’m in.

sherry7899 10-27-21 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogapam (Post 2945075)
So….this thread has gone pretty quiet, found it on page 4. Is there enough interest for the exchange to go ahead? If so, I’m in.

Oops, I usually bump it every year but I forgot.

JENILU 10-28-21 01:05 AM

I forgot all about it til today. If I am able, I will try!!

Laura S. 10-28-21 06:06 PM

We have no idea how many have signed up. Hopefully, there are enough people to have a good exchange. I had meant to bump this thread, but forgot as well.

Jen - It would be good to see you involved this year, if you can.

KateTT 10-28-21 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry7899 (Post 2943568)
Thank you, Pam. I could not find the right words.

I am not sure yet about participating or being an elf this year. The holidays are going to be extremely difficult for me this year.

You'll always be my favorite "elf"!! But please do step back if its too much for you. HUGS!:heart:

KateTT 10-29-21 11:59 AM

Bumping. Happy Friday!

sherry7899 10-29-21 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KateTT (Post 2945302)
Bumping. Happy Friday!

Thank you for bumping, Kate!

Pat58 10-29-21 05:03 PM

I thought of a DVD I do want, so I decided to join in. :) I'll send my address to Otts.

yogapam 10-29-21 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat58 (Post 2945327)
I thought of a DVD I do want, so I decided to join in. :) I'll send my address to Otts.

Yay! I’m in too, sent my email yesterday. :D

ots 10-29-21 07:31 PM

Hi all -

I wanted to let you know that I messed up --- I'm going away on a cruise on Tuesday. So I won't be able to get names out until November 9th. Yikes! Sorry about the delays --- hopefully with streaming --- it won't be as much of an issue.

Also, I feel like I posted and then ran out on all of you. I've been on two(!) business trips this month --- and definitely out of practice because when I return to the office, I feel like I'm so far behind and neglect VF as a result.

At any rate, I'm all caught up now. I'll plan on us doing the zoom call regardless --- I'd like to have a little structure just to keep things going. Remember, if you don't feel able to participate in the exchange, you can still do the zoom call -- just send me a note.

Best wishes to all of you. And hugs Sherry!! Don't want to burden you as elf this year --- but thanks for all your help in the past!!!

lreidgreen 10-29-21 09:06 PM

I skipped last year but I am in for this year. I am willing to be an elf if necessary.

JENILU 10-30-21 02:41 AM

We have til the 3rd I think? I have run so late on anything lately, i just want to be sure before I commit. And If i am unable, I can atleast help in any way I can. I love to research. I'll wait and see what y'all are doing for zoom. I think I can only do it with me visible from my home, so it would be kinda silly trying to workout, haha. (watch me find out I have a camera I didn't know about on my desk top or lil 'puter!)

sherry7899 10-30-21 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat58 (Post 2945327)

Yay!

fanofladyvols 10-31-21 03:32 PM

Love seeing more folks post they're joining! :heart:

Thanks for the update Anne and for being willing to coordinate the zoom call!

Laura S. 10-31-21 08:52 PM

It's good to see more people joining in. Anne, have a great cruise. You've done a lot of traveling recently. Thanks for hanging in with it all.

sherry7899 11-01-21 09:00 PM

Bumping

bzar 11-02-21 12:51 AM

(((sherry)))

sherry7899 11-02-21 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bzar (Post 2945681)
(((sherry)))

hugs back :love:

Laura S. 11-02-21 05:33 PM

Thanks for keeping this thread visible!

Jo FitFan 11-02-21 07:06 PM

Hi All,

Anne, thank you so much for everything you put into this! What a welcoming, wonderfully positive invitation! And thanks to all the kind and generous people who are helping and participating and keeping this beautiful spirit flowing. I am looking forward to participating for the first time!

Have a wonderful time on your cruise!

Joanna

sherry7899 11-02-21 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo FitFan (Post 2945782)
Hi All,

Anne, thank you so much for everything you put into this! What a welcoming, wonderfully positive invitation! And thanks to all the kind and generous people who are helping and participating and keeping this beautiful spirit flowing. I am looking forward to participating for the first time!

Have a wonderful time on your cruise!

Joanna

Joanna, I am so glad you are joining this year! Welcome!

yogapam 11-02-21 07:36 PM

Thank you for doing this again Anne & have a wonderful time on your cruise! :heart:

Just a thought since we are starting a bit later this year….
With some of us, like myself, having to ship cross border or internationally, it would helpful to start working on a wish list now. I always worry about mail delays as Canada Post is definitely snail mail, lol. That way your list can be ready to go when Anne sends out names & someone starts the wish list thread. It helps give your Santa plenty of time to shop before the mail deadline. :D

sherry7899 11-02-21 08:12 PM

Pam, great idea! I have not made a list yet, but I can start a thread tomorrow.

fanofladyvols 11-02-21 08:48 PM

That is a great idea, Pam!

Thanks for starting the thread, Sherry!

Yay, Joanna!!

JENILU 11-03-21 01:36 AM

Y'all have me excited! Anne, bless you for taking all this on - and keeping it going, with your busy schedule. I have to take part now.

A happy hug to all of you!!

sherry7899 11-03-21 06:59 AM

I started a wishlist thread:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231962

sherry7899 11-03-21 01:28 PM

Last day to sign up.

bzar 11-03-21 03:42 PM

would it be possible to attend Zoom meeting without participating in the gift exchange?

sherry7899 11-03-21 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bzar (Post 2945862)
would it be possible to attend Zoom meeting without participating in the gift exchange?

Yes, I think Anne said that in the first post. :sun:

bzar 11-03-21 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry7899 (Post 2945864)
Yes, I think Anne said that in the first post. :sun:

:sun: lol.

i can't trust myself in fulfilling my responsibilities as a Secret Santa. And i have always wanted to go to a VF get together, but travel was always an obstacle. i entertained several VFers when they visited Honolulu, however, making small 1:1 get togethers.

a Zoom meeting would therefore be ideal for me! so yes, i would like to be in the Zoom meeting.

fanofladyvols 11-03-21 05:36 PM

I hope more try the zoom even if they don't connect by video!

ots 11-08-21 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ots (Post 2945340)
Hi all -

I wanted to let you know that I messed up --- I'm going away on a cruise on Tuesday. So I won't be able to get names out until November 9th. Yikes! Sorry about the delays --- hopefully with streaming --- it won't be as much of an issue.

I'm back! The cruise was great. Ship only had 700 people out of a normal 2100 people sailing.

Anyway - my flight landed a couple of hours ago and you guys were on my mind --- so I got the names out right away.

We are a small group --- but it will be fun!

Remember - if you received a name that you've had in the past --- let me know right away --- sometimes that happens and I might be able to switch out for someone else. But given how small a group we have --- it also might be inevitable. So hopefully you don't mind so much.

Let me know if you sent me your name and did not receive an e-mail from me with your giftee. Also, if you need the e-mail address of the person, please let me know.

Pat58 11-09-21 09:57 AM

Thank you Anne! Got my Santa. :) I'm happy your are back safe and sound and had a good trip.

Question: what is our mailing deadline?

fanofladyvols 11-09-21 10:04 AM

Hey Pat...she said Dec. 7th postmarked deadline and I don't think that I have seen a change.

ots 12-06-21 07:14 PM

Hi all -

Wow - I have been so behind this year --- but I did manage to get the zoom get together meeting invitation out! Yay! I don't have an agenda so please let me know if you'd like for us to do anything in particular during the call.

If you want to be part of the get together, let me know --- and I'll send you the link.

Anne.

JENILU 12-06-21 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ots (Post 2948926)
Hi all -

Wow - I have been so behind this year --- but I did manage to get the zoom get together meeting invitation out! Yay! I don't have an agenda so please let me know if you'd like for us to do anything in particular during the call.

If you want to be part of the get together, let me know --- and I'll send you the link.

Anne.

What exactly would it be? Lol, I have never done anything like that, except a few summit things to waxh and comment on (I mean thats how I had to visit my mom durng lockdown at the nursing home, but I don't know what this one consists of, lol)