Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   FitChicks - Welcome all in 2021 - BE FIERCE (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230159)

Jules 11-18-21 09:12 AM

Quick Check-in. This week I did X-Train: Chest, Shoulders & Back. I also did the standing portion of Xtrain Legs and Bonus Core #1.

I got my booster Moderna shot on Tuesday and I have been feeling pretty cruddy with body aches and a swollen lymph node in my left armpit. I might do the Floor and Barre work from Xtrain Legs this afternoon if I feel up to it.

I hope everyone is having a great week!

Jules 11-19-21 03:56 PM

I am feeling much better today. I am about to do Xtrain: Biceps & Triceps + Bonus Core #2. I did the leg work yesterday and it was a burner. I am not too sore today, but I did have a charley horse in my calf at 4am. OUCH!

We had our first day of snow today. The kids had a great time at recess. :D

Have a wonderful weekend!

Mickey12 11-19-21 07:26 PM

Hi Jules, sorry you were feeling cruddy after the booster. I think they’re important though. Luckily I didn’t have any reaction. And ugg on the Charlie horse at 4 am! They’re the worst!

The first snow of the season is always so fun for the kids! I’m glad they had fun at recess. I remember when I was in grade school, we had a teacher that would stand at the bottom of a hill and we would take turns sliding down the hill. She would catch us at the bottom so we didn’t slide into the road. It was so much fun. She must have been exhausted the end of recess. Funny how you remember things from childhood.

fanofladyvols 11-22-21 08:26 AM

Kim what a great teacher! I doubt they'd let her do that nowadays. My 3rd grade teacher brought in lots of books for reading when you got done early. Her book selection was better than the school library. As an adult, I realize it probably pleased her that I was SUPER hyped to run over and grab them. Good times :cool:

Malinda you're amazing. Great job!

Jules I read your posts and just kept thinking oh no..ohh no!! Did you ever find out what happened to the garage door? And is your eye bruise a faded lime green yet? I loved your rum and coke pain med :D Hope you have a better week this week!

Kate way to keep on trucking!

Will post workout later...Happy Monday!

Jules 11-22-21 11:05 AM

Happy Thanksgiving week! I am so grateful for all my fitness buddies here!

Unfortunately, I caught another cold and am staying home from work today since I have a bad cough. That makes 3 colds so far this school year. This one isn't as bad as the one I had a couple of weeks ago, thank goodness. I still plan on doing XTrain Burn Sets this week and will probably do Butts & Guts for my leg work.

The weekend was a good one for football. The Vikings and MN Golden Gophers both won as well as the MT Griz. :sun: I also started decorating the house for Christmas.

Linda: Thanks for asking about my eye. Yes! It is now a lovely lime green color. I still have a small lump on my head - I figure I will look normal in anther week or so.

Kim: Love your sledding story! :p

KateTT 11-23-21 01:57 PM

Very quick post - just wanted to let you know I'm ok, Justin is doing ok but time is short these days. Here I wanted to revive my Fit Chicks checkin and I can't even make it.

I am still working out every day that I don't have an appointment with Justin. Mostly Cathe Live and some misc thrown in.

I had a slight twinge in my lower back for a couple days. Not sure what it was...it went away.

HUGS to all...i'll be back with more to report. Just wanted to say hi!!

Malinda 11-23-21 05:04 PM

Hi FitChicks!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Like Jules, I am very thankful for my check-in buddies. :heart:

DH and I went to Arizona last week to visit his Aunt and Uncle. We had a nice time but I am so glad to be home, and I am especially glad that we made the decision to visit the week before Thanksgiving.

Kate - I’m glad you popped in! You just check-in when you can -- we’ll be here for you!

Jules - I sure hope your cold goes away before Thanksgiving! We are planning to get our Moderna boosters on Friday; that way we can lay low on Saturday if we have any side-effects. Great job on your workouts!

Linda - Looking forward to reading about what workouts you’ve been doing!

Kim - Is your weather still nice for walking at lunch?

What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving? My step-daughter is coming tomorrow. I think I’ve mentioned before that she is a bit difficult for me to tolerate, but usually her visits are not as bad as I anticipate them to be. Fingers crossed!

I only worked out one day while we were in Arizona - there just wasn’t a good place for us to workout in our hosts’ home, and it was too chilly outside in the mornings. But I’m back at it now. I did a couple more of the Hammer workouts from H&C and decided that they are not for me. So… I’m going back to LIIFT 4. This is the fourth time I’ve done this program! Assuming I stick with it for the full 8 weeks (I feel like I’ve been so wishy-washy lately with rotations), I may try an Xtrain rotation after I'm done.

Workouts for this week:

Sun - Turbo Fire Greatest HIITS - I needed something quick and tough after spending many hours cleaning house upon our return home.
Mon - 21 Day Fix Real Time Cardio Fix - meh
Tues - LIIFT 4 Week 1 Day 1 - Chest & Tris 50/50

If I don’t check in again before Thursday, I hope each of you has a very nice Thanksgiving!

Jules 11-29-21 06:38 PM

Cyber Monday! I shopped a little online over the weekend, and still need to buy a couple more gifts. Did you gals find any fitness bargains? I am waiting for the Cathe pre-sale. :p

I guess I overdid it last week and my cold got so much worse. I ended up coming down with a bad case of bronchitis on Thanksgiving. Today is the first day that I feel like I have my energy back. I just did Pyramid Upper Body and it went fine. Sometimes getting my heart rate and endorphins up a little helps me to recuperate. I don't think I am ready to do legs yet - probably in a couple of days. I also strained a muscle in my back from all the coughing. I am so done with all the colds this year - it is the worst thing about working in a school! :mad:

I hope you all had a fun weekend! :sun:

KateTT 11-30-21 11:41 AM

Hi girls!! Such kindness and so glad to see everyone still hitting it!

I won't go back and try to catch up. Suffice it to say I have been working thru some great Cathe Live workout! SOOOO much fun!! I did throw in a few Les Mills workouts too. So far Nov is all Cathe and Les Mills with a bit of Amy Bento at the start. I'm loving Cathe Live, that's all I can say.

This week:
Mon: Cathe Live 196 Toasted Trisets Upper Body. OMG great!!!! Heavy lifting (only 8-10 reps). Three exercises done 3 times through for every body part then a super core segment at the end. Really fantastic and I went so heavy I am really feeling it today!

Today: Cathe Live 293 Glutes & Thighs. This is another heavy one although Cathe did not go very heavy. Three exercises done 3 times through for 4 rounds. Similar to Toasted trisets. My legs and butt are TOAST (throwing toast...heehee...get it?)

Justin update: last Wed he called me complaining of bad cough, fever, sore chest. Of course I feared covid so we went to urgent care (no workouts that day). Luckily it was just a bronchial type infection..he tested negative for covid. So antibiotics and Thanksgiving was saved as he and his girlfriend were set to come for Thanksgiving. :heart:

With all the driving (1 hour each way to Hutchinson where Justin lives), I've started listening to lots of podcasts, talks, etc. I'm a big fan of Ajahn Brahm who is this delightful Buddhist monk with a fun sense of humor. Keeps me positive.

Still meditating every day.
Still practicing Yoga almost every day.

I did not do any Black Friday or Cyber Monday shopping. The rub is, they always fall at the end of the month when I am low on funds. No biggie..too many crowds anyway.

Went to my step-granddaughter's dance recital last night. So cute!! But in a very packed auditorium, NO ONE had masks on except me. I have to be careful with Justin, not to mention hubby has emphysema and covid would be bad. Yes we're all fully vaccinated, plus the booster but I just felt the need to be safer. And I'm paranoid. ;-)

Take care!! Let's do this!!

KateTT 12-01-21 01:36 PM

Heehee, two days in a row!!

More Cathe Live for me. I'm so addicted! My other DVDs are crying from neglect. LOL
Today was #301 All Low Impact Kickboxing HiiT and Core. I did NOT keep it low and it was so much better that way for me! Some great punching/kicking combos, then you move to HiiT cardio, then back to kickboxing. I think that went of for about 4 rounds. NICE core work at the end. Ah Cathe, you do like to hammer the abs!

So I went back to Cathe Live and went all the way back to #1. I think I'm going to start to work through some of the old one. I noticed that they are mostly an hour+ long.
I have started a list of all the Lives I'd like to do, which is almost all of them.

I have also decided NOT to renew my Beachbody subscription. Although I love those workouts, I just have to scale back on some of my streaming. GOTTA keep Les Mills on Demand and my streaming Yoga, so that's the one that went. Sorry BOD!

Hope you're all well. Welcome to a new month!