Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Beginner or Slow Step Aerobic DVD (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=171074)

rosepetals 09-23-11 05:51 PM

Beginner or Slow Step Aerobic DVD

Hello everyone. I need advice as to picking out a slower beginner step aerobic DVDS. My coordination and ability to step is a bit slow, however back twenty years ago it seemed as the step aerobic DVD had a better pace for beginners. Cathe is much too fast for me to keep up with.

I have a few Leslie Sampson DVDs, but I am looking for the step aerobic workouts.

I really need advice to which ones might be appropriate for me.

Thank you so much for your input. :sun:

sherry7899 09-23-11 05:57 PM

Can you still play VHS? I think I still have Leslie Sansone's step aerobics dvd. I'd be glad to send it to you (free) if I can find it.

You may like Gin Miller's "Everybody Steps" dvds. Also check Kathy Smith's old step workouts.

Take care,
Sherry

dnna 09-23-11 06:05 PM

definitely the old vhs step workouts are the best! Back in the day- you didn't pivot, hop over, leap over, those moves were considered dangerous!
Richard Simmons Step
Cher step-led by Keli roberts, still a dear favorite of mine, I still do it
The old Step Reebok led by Gin Miller!also Best of Step Reebok,
If you look at the reviews searching for step you will find many
Of the current step workouts on dvd- I would suggest Katarina Hunters step workouts as easy to follow and not too advanced.
Some of the Firm Body Shaping BSS sets have quite a bit of step in them,regular step and high step. Fat Blaster has some good step portions.

alisoncooks 09-23-11 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry7899 (Post 1891841)
You may like Gin Miller's "Everybody Steps" dvds.

This one is very basic and good for starting back. Her Simply Step, Classic Moves is a little step up in terms of choreography.

Gilad's step video is pretty good.

Debra Mazda has a step dvd that I found relatively easy to learn.

rosepetals 09-23-11 06:29 PM

Thank you Sherry, I will PM you.

I didn't know Richard Simmons made an old step aerobics tape.

Long ago I had an ancient Susan Powder vhs that was a nice pace. I don't remember the name of it ??? It was pretty easy to use. Anyone know??? Maybe I could replace it.

I appreciate any and all information on the tapes or DVDS. I do have a vhs player that I can use. :sun:

Donna D 09-23-11 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosepetals (Post 1891861)
Long ago I had an ancient Susan Powder vhs that was a nice pace. I don't remember the name of it ??? It was pretty easy to use. Anyone know??? Maybe I could replace it.

I appreciate any and all information on the tapes or DVDS. I do have a vhs player that I can use. :sun:

Rosepetals,

Mary from Total Fitness carries the Susan Power DVDs. Although it is not mentioned in all of the descriptions, several do use a step (see the clips)
http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Sear...h=susan+powter

iheartsts 09-23-11 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnna (Post 1891844)
Cher step-led by Keli roberts, still a dear favorite of mine

I used to love this workout!! I haven't done it in years... I may dig it out and do it soon. Thanks for the reminder of this great blast from the past!:)

rosepetals 09-23-11 06:41 PM

What is the name of the Cher step DVD? Thank you.:D

mattymoomom 09-23-11 06:44 PM

The old Cher VHS is called Cher Fitness: A New Attitude.

I L-O-V-E this workout!

Aaron:)

LAC 09-23-11 06:51 PM

As a choreo klutz, I second the recommendations for Gin Miller's "Everybody Steps" DVD and Richard Simmons' "Step and Sweat" VHS. These were two that I found manageable and enjoyable when I did step workouts (have since gotten rid of my step). BTW, Richard Simmons only leads parts of his step workout, two instructors from his studio lead the bulk of it.