Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What is Fitness Blender? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232394)

bfit 02-13-22 10:50 PM

What is Fitness Blender?

What is Fitness Blender? Is it a streaming service that you have to sign up for and pay for? Or is it free on You Tube? I see some of their workouts on You Tube that seem to be free and accessible. For those who are familiar with it, how do you like it?

nschultz 02-13-22 11:56 PM

A husband and wife team that have hundreds of free workout videos on YouTube. You can buy their programs which include the free videos, but they’ve organized them in a way that helps you meet the goal of the program. Plus the videos in the program links don’t have the YouTube ads. I’m a member of Fitness Blender Plus, which includes new videos only available to members, free programs and two week challenges to utilize. They’ve recently started adding mental health content, yoga, meditation and guided imagery.
I’ve been working out with them for 2 years and still not bored. Great workouts and in the best shape of my life and I’m a very regular exerciser!!!

Joni O 02-14-22 07:36 AM

I just looked at a few. Is there no music in any of them?

Negin 02-14-22 09:23 AM

I'm not a member, but I've loved doing their YouTube videos for the past few years. Whenever I've done them regularly, I've also had great results. Not all fo their workouts are for me, but those that are, are among my favorites ever. I'm often surprised that Fitness Blender isn't mentioned here very often.

prettyinpink 02-14-22 12:25 PM

I used a lot of their stuff a few years back and liked them. I did one paid rotation, which was okay.
I just play my own music. I usually don’t care for the standard fitness music mix a lot of instructors have, anyway.

Maybe they aren’t discussed as much anymore because a couple of years ago, one of them had some major health issues and they took a very long hiatus from filming, and then when coming back the workouts were sparse and lower intensity for a while. I think they also had some business setbacks. Also, there are so many more fitness channels available over the past few years.

I think what I liked best was the different levels of no-fuss, HIIT-style cardio with a timer. I’m getting back to doing some shorter, interval cardio and FB will be in my playlist.

Garrie A. 02-14-22 12:36 PM

I've never tried Fitness Blender, as the all white set is a drawback for me.

However, I remember previewing one of their kettlebell workouts and Daniel's snatch form made me vomit on the spot.

(Excuse my TMI!)

nschultz 02-14-22 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joni O (Post 2956431)
I just looked at a few. Is there no music in any of them?

No, I play pandora and then I can customize what I listen to.

nschultz 02-14-22 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrie A. (Post 2956462)
I've never tried Fitness Blender, as the all white set is a drawback for me.

However, I remember previewing one of their kettlebell workouts and Daniel's snatch form made me vomit on the spot.

(Excuse my TMI!)

I always thought I would hate the white set, but for some reason it doesn’t bother me. I will say in the early videos, Daniel does the voiceover for Kelli because she used to be nervous about exercising and talking, those are not my favorites.

I haven’t done many kettlebell workouts from them, their kickboxing form is meh (I have my black belt in Taekwondo), but their strength workouts are well designed. I especially love their videos that have 3 sets of exercises. Also good core workouts.

juliel 02-15-22 12:39 PM

I used to do more of their workouts, but have also tried others lately.

This one has a nice background and is a nice shortmobility routine

https://youtu.be/Y5oUCerpt2Y