Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pilates Cross-trainers May 2021 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230950)

Usia 05-01-21 11:59 AM

Pilates Cross-trainers May 2021

Starting us off in May!

I only did a quick Leslie Walk - 2 MM - 30m. I had to go to the office this morning so that's all I had the time for.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

fanofladyvols 05-01-21 01:19 PM

Thanks Dana! Good job! Working out before working a Saturday is impressive!!

I think I'm starting off May with a bang
..and taking a rest day!

donnamp 05-01-21 04:34 PM

Wow, I forgot it was May!!

Aside from my morning workout I went for a long walk today w/ DD. Our endurance has really improved - the 7-8 mile walk does seem like nothing now.

When she goes to college I need to find a walking buddy - I would like to do this distance once a week. I'm not sure if I can convince my DH to do that much with me....maybe I can get him to go once in awhile....but I'd like to do this about once a week. I guess I can start listening to music or books....

Donna

fanofladyvols 05-01-21 06:35 PM

Donna I hope you find a walking buddy!

Brenda in WA 05-01-21 07:01 PM

Thanks for getting May going! I've done some stepping today and plan to do more. :)

Usia 05-02-21 09:11 AM

Good morning!

Checking in with Ellen's Burn & Firm Pilates - 45min. Sneaky, sneaky Ellen! I started out with 5lb weights then towards the end I dropped it to 3lbs. Even her ab work at the end challenged me. I haven't done this DVD since sometime last year and it just reminded me how much I've always liked it.

I'm determined to get more yoga in this month and plan to start with Travis' Foundation class 1. He's got 3 classes in his Foundations series. I'm not a total novice nor am I a yogini, but few years back when I incorporated more yoga into my life I felt much better, more flexible and less creaky. Of course I was few years younger then, but the old "use it or lose it" really applies to me.

Hi Carol! I hope you're doing well. Waves to Donna, Linda, Brenda, Christine and Cheri!

fanofladyvols 05-02-21 08:29 PM

Brenda hope your arm is getting better.

Dana I'm so glad you suggested Burn and Firm..I totally enjoyed it! I used 1# weights though because I needed it to be a cardioish workout.

Donna I split my workouts up today as you seem to do and that worked really well!

Today was the end of week #3 of the push pull swing challenge day, plus Ellen Burn and Firm. Great workout day!

Hope you guys had a good weekend Christine and Carol!!

txhsmom 05-03-21 05:41 AM

I've been AWOL lately - very lazy, although I did manage to mow the yard yesterday in the 90+ degree heat. As usual we skipped spring altogether and went directly to summer.

Had I done a workout yesterday, I would have done Ellen's Burn & Firm workout - it's probably my favorite of her older stuff.

Hopefully, I'll get back on track today.

Waves to all ~

Carol

donnamp 05-03-21 07:37 AM

Hi Everyone,

Sunday was Ellen's new Fat Burning Fusion II - on her streaming site - I really enjoy this one. It is 45 minutes and has good energy- that is the only way to describe it - and that is a very Ellen-ish description, but it works.

DD and I also walked yesterday, it was very warm outside - and we weren't quite used to it so we cut it a bit short.

Today, so far was:

Ellen - Modern interval
Blessful Body/Ky - Pilates for Hip and Low Back tension (You Tube).

I'm getting my vaccine later today - I may follow Ellen's schedule for this week, it is very vaccine friendly. With low key workouts Tuesday and Wed and a day off on Thursday.

My DH had his second shot on Saturday - he had a sore arm and some fatigue yesterday, but nothing major.

Carol - we went abruptly into summer as well. It is hard to adjust when that happens.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

txhsmom 05-03-21 08:32 PM

Finally, a workout:

Barre3 - Strength Conditioning with Trisha - 30 minutes & Restore with Allison - 15 minutes

I enjoyed this class with Trisha - she was a new instructor to me. The music is better than what they were using a few years ago - more variety - and the workouts do seem enough different to not be boring, at least not yet. The Restore class was basically a stretch session with breathwork at the end.

Donna - Hope your shot goes well today! I know - our weather! - we are back to cooler temps and actually having some rain tonight. Yay!

Dana - You are brave to even begin a high rep workout with 5 lbs!

Brenda - How is your elbow?

Linda - 1 to 2 lb weights is more my speed.

Waves to Christine & Cheri.

Carol

fanofladyvols 05-03-21 08:53 PM

Donna those sound like great Ellen workouts. Hope all is well and that you have only very mild side effects this time around. It's been fun having you join us doing Ellen on Sundays.

Carol music is very important to me so that's good that your Barre3 has better. I am wondering, have you tried all of the Define and Align workouts ? The reason I ask is I'm curious how many of the workouts you think are ones you'd want to return to do again. That's kind of how I judge the value to me of a set purchase.

Today was Day 13 of the push pull swing challenge and a full body Kettlebell workout along with some mobility.

Dana looking forward to doing Ellen together again :D I'm planning on doing Fusion Flow this Sunday( unless you change my mind of course ;) ).

Sending you all Happy Tuesday wishes... especially Brenda, and Christine!

Usia 05-04-21 08:17 AM

Good morning!

TBP Fat Burning Walk - 29min. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oQ-WNJoYtM&t=1543s
Leslie's Boosted Workout - 30min. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvEJ5WFk2KE

I barely broke a sweat with the Body Project workout. This guy is still irritating me for some reason, and I'm still not sure I'm clicking with their style. Nothing wrong with it, in fact the workouts are fine and they actually may be OK in small doses, so I'll try some more of them. Leslie's Boosted Walk was from the Miracle Mile set but it must be on the 5 Mile DVD because I wasn't familiar with it and I have that set but haven't tried the 5 Mile DVD yet. Too much Leslie for me - to do 5 miles at once. Funny....I sound crabby this morning but I don't feel crabby. :confused:

Carol, good to see you back working out again and that you're still enjoying Barre3.

Donna, I hope your 2nd shot went well yesterday!

Linda, I have Fusion Flow DVD but I haven't done it in years. I'll happily join you again this Sunday with the Fusion Flow. :D

Hi to Christine, Brenda and Cheri!

donnamp 05-04-21 10:19 AM

Oh my goodness, the 2nd vaccine really threw me for a loop. Fever, chills, headache, you name it. I have been in bed all day...ugh.

Hopefully I will start to feel better, I feel accomplished that I was able to sit up....so maybe there is hope!

Donna

Usia 05-04-21 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnamp (Post 2924381)
Oh my goodness, the 2nd vaccine really threw me for a loop. Fever, chills, headache, you name it. I have been in bed all day...ugh.

Hopefully I will start to feel better, I feel accomplished that I was able to sit up....so maybe there is hope!

Donna

Oh wow, Donna! I hope you feel better soon!

fanofladyvols 05-04-21 03:40 PM

Dana sometimes the workouts just ain't all that. Doesn't mean you're in a bad mood though. :)

((((( Donna))))) Hugs and more hugs!!:heart: please keep us posted.

Today was day #14 of the push pull challenge and RWH upper premix no blasts. Subbed in kettlebell moves for some of the exercises.

Lots of clouds and rain today! My plants need it :love:

Brenda in WA 05-04-21 07:21 PM

My arm isn't better yet. Yes, I should have called the dr by now... but I keep thinking it will get better on it's own. :p

Donna, hugs to you!

txhsmom 05-04-21 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofladyvols (Post 2924331)

Carol music is very important to me so that's good that your Barre3 has better. I am wondering, have you tried all of the Define and Align workouts ? The reason I ask is I'm curious how many of the workouts you think are ones you'd want to return to do again. That's kind of how I judge the value to me of a set purchase.
[/B]

I believe I have done all but one of the Define and Align workouts, and I can't think of a single one I wouldn't do again. The workout I enjoyed the least was Cardio Fusion Circuit, mainly because it was pretty grueling for me - cardio and strength 45 seconds of work and 15 seconds of rest, per the description.

Since you like music - the music on these workouts is bad, but you can do the workout without the music and that hasn't bothered me at all.

Carol

txhsmom 05-04-21 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brenda in WA (Post 2924457)
My arm isn't better yet. Yes, I should have called the dr by now... but I keep thinking it will get better on it's own. :p

It's time (maybe past time) to see the doctor... Since I'm old, I can nag you like a mother would.

Carol

fanofladyvols 05-04-21 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txhsmom (Post 2924465)
It's time (maybe past time) to see the doctor... Since I'm old, I can nag you like a mother would.

Carol

And I'm gonna bandwagon the nag.
..time to go to Dr :)

fanofladyvols 05-04-21 08:20 PM

Carol being able to turn off the music and play my own is a huge plus to me...is that what you're saying?

donnamp 05-05-21 06:06 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm feeling more normal this morning - still a bit off, headache and just general malaise but better than yesterday. it was like having the flu for 36 hours.

I'm going to work today- if I had to go in the office I'd probably take another day off, but I could probably manage to sit upright in front of my computer at home today.

No workout yet for me - maybe this evening something on the floor, we shall see.

Dana - while many people really like the Body Project I have done one and watched a few, but it didn't really click with me. I may try again at some point....

Carol - that is good about Define & Align. I may purchase this at some point, I'm in between this and Jenny's. I know I will get both at some point, but not sure which to get first, LOL! Maybe D&A since the the weather is still good for walking outside??

Brenda - yes, go to the Dr. Of course, I'm as bad as you are - I always think I can either fix it myself or it will go away on its own.

Linda - thanks for the hugs!!

Donna

txhsmom 05-05-21 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofladyvols (Post 2924469)
Carol being able to turn off the music and play my own is a huge plus to me...is that what you're saying?

Yes, you can play the videos without music and just have Karen's cueing.

Carol

txhsmom 05-05-21 06:20 AM

DS had a presentation in one of his grad classes last night and the class lasted from 5 to 8, so I was hesitant to attempt to stream anything for fear of messing with his internet connection. We ate while the professor was wrapping it up and then took the dogs for a quick 30 minute walk. It doesn't get dark here now until well past 8:30, so that's nice.

Donna - I'll encourage you to take it easy today. For those of us who have that type of reaction, that vaccine packs a punch. I thought it was worse than the flu - at least fatigue-wise. I could hardly stand up the first day.

So looking forward to having to have an annual booster shot...

Waves ~

Carol

fanofladyvols 05-05-21 06:49 AM

Quote:

So looking forward to having to have an annual booster shot...

Waves ~

Carol
Carol, you're a hoot!

Donna, I ditto Carol...please don't push too hard. Your body is hard at work!

donnamp 05-05-21 06:59 AM

Carol - I know what you mean - sitting up yesterday to drink water or getting up to go to the bathroom was a huge effort.

I'm definitely not going to push myself for the next few days!!!

Donna

furmomof6 05-05-21 05:45 PM

Hi everyone!

I've been walking everyday and continuing with the Shaped by Faith Pilates workouts. Today was Power Pilates floor work. My dog is doing very well on her new diet and fluids! :heart:

Donna, I'm sorry you have been feeling so lousy! I'm glad you're starting to feel better now.

Brenda, healing prayers for you too! I also like the wait and see approach.

Waves to everyone!

txhsmom 05-05-21 09:35 PM

Today's workout was

Barre3 - Strength Conditioning with Dustin - 35 minutes

I liked this workout and the new-to-me instructor. Good music and the workout was over before I knew it.

Christine - Thanks for checking in and so glad your dog is doing good on the new diet!

Donna - Hang in there! You're on the mend.

Linda - Good workouts - love that you are loving kettlebells. They can be a lot of fun.

Dana - How's Oliver these days?

Carol

Usia 05-06-21 07:27 AM

Good morning!

D&A Core & More - 30min. Should've been named Glutes & More, but I'm not complaining. I like glutes work more than core so I'm OK with it.
LITE Metabolic Blast Timesaver 4 - 31min. I think it was #4. It was all standing and I really like this workout.

Carol, thanks for asking abot Oliver. He's become very attached to us and particularly to me. He's my little shadow and loves attention and wants me to play with him all the time. I am fine with it because he continues to have a hearty appetite and at least it keeps his weight in check - somewhat. This morning during my Cathe workout he ran full speed into my room with his ball and was so playful, cheerful and happy that I couldn't be mad at him. He knows he can get away with pretty much anything because he's so much fun with not a mean bone in his body. :love::love:

Christine, glad you check it to let us know you're doing better!

Donna, hopefully you're on the mend. Sorry to hear that you had such a bad time with your 2nd vaccine. I'm so lucky that I had no side effects whatsoever from either one.

Linda, glad you're enjoying kettlebells. For some reason I'm not clicking with them, and I tried!

Hi to Brenda and Cheri!

donnamp 05-06-21 07:31 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm back to feeling like my old self, I'm still going to take it easy on the workouts for a few days (not like I ever tax myself anyway!).

Today I did an Ellen mix:

- Quick Tone - which is 15 min of floorwork
- Stretch 360 - which is 15 min of flowy stretching - CS-ish

Dana - Oliver sounds like a very sweet cat!

Carol - B3 sounds like it has changed for the better, maybe if they offer another deal I will jump on it. Trifecta is opening her membership again...I'm tempted. it is $30 a month which is outrageous....but I may still do it for a month. I'm hopeless.

Christine - I'm glad your doggie is doing well.

Linda - Yes, I will be taking it easy!

Brenda - I hope you feel better....

Waves,

Donna

fanofladyvols 05-06-21 08:53 AM

Donna I think you're quite the vigorous exerciser and so consistent! I'm glad you'll be taking it easy. As far as an expensive streaming, i'm ok with it if I know I'm going to actively use. When I was a member of a gym for a brief moment in time, I was always trying different machines or taking different classes in addition to the things I liked. Buying workouts or changing up streaming mirrors that. It's all good :) Rest well!!!

Carol and Dana what's funny is that kettlebells never had an appeal to me. I wouldn't be using them if my husband hadn't surprised me with this adjustable one.

Dana I love these Oliver stories!! Keep.them coming! I have LITE and ICE on my Cathe wish list along with D&A. That's cool you were able to combine. I wonder if D&A would combine well with Perfect 30?

Brenda keep us posted on your arm!

Christine very happy to hear your Piper is stabilizing.

Yesterday was 200 tactical walking lunges plus BBW with warmups from Tracie and Lauren DVDs. Finished up with CS#402 Slenderize and Toning or something like that.

It's a beautiful day here and all my plants are happy from all the rain we have had.

Wishing you all a beautiful day!!

donnamp 05-07-21 10:25 AM

Hi Everyone

Quick check-in for me, today was:

Ellen - Walk w/ Weights - this is on her streaming site and the title says it all. I really enjoy the music on this workout, but it is otherwise unremarkable. Ellen shines more in her fusion style, but if you are looking for a lower key cardio workout this one is pleasant and does have Ellen's upbeat flavor to it.

Yesterday I walked my doggie - short walk.

I think I'm over the COVID-vaccines side effects - yay! Maybe it was good to get it over with in one fell swoop of misery.

Happy Friday.....

I'm not sure what I want to focus on for May but I think the weekend will be some outdoor walks (weather permitting) and Ellen...and then I'll try to decide what is next!

Donna

txhsmom 05-08-21 07:44 AM

Friday's workout was

Pahla B - May 7th Workout Walking with Weights - 25 minutes & Full Body Stretch - 20 minutes

Pahla was especially giggly in this workout, but it was a solid workout and didn't bother my shoulders at all. I'm not sure why some of her Walking with Weights workouts whip my butt and some do not, but this one was very do-able. Her Full Body Stretch is such a departure - Pahla is actually calm and soft-spoken and it's a nice relaxing stretch, which was perfect after a week from work hell. Oh well, only 15 more days.

Waves to all ~

Carol

donnamp 05-08-21 08:18 AM

Hi Everyone,

it is dreary today - so I am thinking a walk may not happen, so I did:

Jenny Ford - Basic Step - Zion (this is from her You Tube Channel)

Ky Autumn/Blessful Body - Flowing Alignment - she offered a $1 for 21 day special for her streaming site, so I joined up. I have used her stuff before it is mostly Pilates/Yoga fusion blends. This was nice, nothing remarkable, but good beach scenery and a gentle routine.

Carol - I know what you mean about Pahla!! I'm missing her some, so I may do her May workouts next week. Sorry you had such a rough work week. I did as well.....I don't think things will get better until July, though. LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna

Usia 05-08-21 08:35 AM

Good morning!

WH Pilates Sculpt Workout - 27min. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hB5fCFpRHY
Leslie's Ultimate 5 Day Walking Plan DVD - 2 miles. Yellow & Red mile.

Karen's Pilates Sculpt workout was terrific! Efficient, full body, sneaky little burner. I really like her workouts. Leslie's walk was meh. Yellow mile was very boring with a terrible "music". Red mile was a little better. It was one of those days where I couldn't decide on the cardio so instead of spending a lot time going back-and-forth between different options, I followed the path of least resistance and chose Leslie.

Couple of days ago I did D&A Core & More and said that it was more of a glute workout than abs. I take that back. I had real DOMS in my abs and core yesterday, something that I rarely have. :D

Donna, I'm glad you're back feeling normal after your 2nd shot.

Linda, are we on for Ellen's Fusion Flow tomorrow?

Hi to Carol, Brenda, Christine and Cheri!

fanofladyvols 05-08-21 08:45 AM

Carol I love outdoor scenes. CS and yoga zone are great for that. I know I don't enjoy the CS episodes that are indoors simply because they are indoors, lol. Carol will you take a vacation when the school year ends?

Donna I read, and was delighted to see, that you're feeling normal again. Very good news.

Yesterday was Tracie Long signature series mobility warmup (still love this one) and Cathe PHA3 with ab stacker and extended stretch. I subbed in my last day of PPS Challenge for some moves and was sooo excited I completed it. The actual workout itself was tough for me and I almost quit but changed up my music and powered through. I think the kettlebells substitution will be something I continue to do in all my Cathe workouts as I can. The ab stacker bonus was really fun and I can see that would be an ab workout I will do often. The extended stretch was just ok.
Today I am taking a rest day. Hugs to all for a sweet Saturday :sun:

Brenda in WA 05-08-21 11:47 AM

You guys are totally right! Thanks for the push. :heart: I promise to call the dr on Monday. :)

txhsmom 05-08-21 06:45 PM

Today's workout was

Pahla B - May 1st Workout Happy Cardio - 25 minutes

I was pretty tired, so I opted for a fairly easy Pahla workout - 20 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest. Twice through 2 circuits of probably 8 low impact moves.

Donna - So glad you are covered from your vaccination! May is usually a difficult work month in the school environment - in my 8 years of doing this type of work, this is by far the worst May I've experienced. Teachers are tired, parents are crazy. I am beyond tired.

Linda - Yes, I'm taking Memorial Day week, the week of June 20th, the week of July 4th and the week of July 18th off. It will be a little stressful to be gone that much, but I can do it; additionally we work short days in June and July, like 9 to 2 and 9 to 12 on Fridays. I think my new assistant will be up to speed completely by then and can handle all of the day to day stuff while I'm gone. So far no plans for any of those weeks, except for a virtual genealogy institute on the week of June 20th.

Dana - I've added that WH workout to my to do list.

Carol

Usia 05-10-21 08:06 AM

Good morning!

WH Standing & Mat Pilates - 21min. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6l5MWRW7j0
WH Pilates Arm Workout - 16min https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTVKZJ8vvEU
JS Mile 2 Walk - 15min. This is from her 4 Mile Power Walk DVD. Meh.

I took a rest day yesterday and did absolutely nothing. Today I have some errand to run. Last week I had my eyes checked and need new glasses. Pain in the butt, not to mention the expense but such is life.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

donnamp 05-10-21 08:17 AM

Hi Everyone,

I think I forgot to post yesterday....

Ellen - Prayer Flow
Outdoor walk - it cleared up enough for DD and i to take one of our longer outdoor walks. We also picked up take out from a new (to us) restaurant. It was a little pricey, but good food!

Today was:

Lucy Wyndham- Read (LWR) - Feel Fabulous for Summer (FFS) Challenge Day 1 -

This was an 11 min cardio/tone - all body weight. But surprising raised my HR and an 8 min standing abs routine.

She is offering another free challenge this month and I decided to try it out since i'm at loose ends about what I want to do workout-wise these days.

You do repeat the cardio workout for 6 days but the toning workout is different for each day.

https://www.lwrfitness.com/summer-ready-challenge/

So, we shall see how long I stick with it.

I added in Caroline Jordan's Recovery Day workout for some stretching.
And, if time and weather permit, I'll probably go for a walk later.

Dana - those WH workouts look great!

Carol - My busiest time at work is always March - June. This year is better than last year though since we have all gotten used to doing everything remotely.

Waves, Linda, Brenda, Christine....

Donna

txhsmom 05-11-21 05:32 AM

Just a walk:

Dog Walk - 40 minutes

Yesterday wasn't too bad at work. I hid in my office and worked.

Carol