Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Weighted blankets for sleep enhancement? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=225696)

Vintage VFer 04-20-19 05:34 PM

Weighted blankets for sleep enhancement?

I've read a few articles about using weighted blankets to help with sleep.

Has anyone tried one?

Taiga 04-20-19 06:06 PM

I tried one when they went on sale for Black Friday. I like the feel of heavy blankets and the weighted blanket gave an exaggerated but similar feel. Unfortunately, the blanket did not improve my sleep at all and I passed it on to my daughter. My daughter said she definitely slept deeper/longer after using it.

They are fairly warm so that has to be factored. I'm not sure I would be able to use a weighted blanket in the summer.

Lannette 04-20-19 06:09 PM

I’m also interested in this subject. Taiga, how do you clean them? I don’t know how the little angry guy got above my post!

Taiga 04-20-19 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lannette (Post 2819362)
I’m also interested in this subject. Taiga, how do you clean them? .....

The one I purchased could be machine washed. Also, you can purchase a duvet like cover for them.

Bearybuff 04-20-19 10:08 PM

I bought 10 percent of my weight and I feel it is too heavy. They sell cheaper BBB ones that you might want to try out first.

dianestjohn 04-21-19 08:26 AM

I got one in December and tried to adjust to it. I am an anxious person and I do find it to be soothing. But it’s very warm and so heavy it’s distracting to rearrange it if you switch positions.

Vintage VFer 04-22-19 10:47 AM

Thanks for the replies! It sounds like something I don't have to buy.

ncl 04-23-19 08:11 PM

I love my weighted blanket. I got 10% of my weight as well. It took some getting used to. I don't always sleep under it but sometimes i wake up with anxiety and if this is the case, i get it and it is tremendously helpful. I use it when I am reading some and sometimes I sleep under it all night but I move a lot in my sleep and it is not as easy to move around with the blanket on, which is mostly a problem in that i don't want to wake up DH. i got one with glass beads instead of plastic pellets and mine is not too warm. I got my from Sensonest on Etsy. I wanted all natural materials.

Anne Z. 04-23-19 09:04 PM

Definitely get glass beads and all cotton fabric for blanket and duvet cover. I originally got the 15 lb but moved up to 20 because it wasn’t heavy enough even though I weigh 130 lbs. I gave my daughter one for Christmas and she carries it back and forth because she loves it for on the couch watching tv.

ncl 04-23-19 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anne Z. (Post 2819768)
Definitely get glass beads and all cotton fabric for blanket and duvet cover. I originally got the 15 lb but moved up to 20 because it wasn’t heavy enough even though I weigh 130 lbs. I gave my daughter one for Christmas and she carries it back and forth because she loves it for on the couch watching tv.

Mine is 14 lbs and I weigh upper 130s, fyi. I think mine is Fine for me.