Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   10-Day Gentle Reset Challenge with Eoin & Insiya Finn (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231995)

Dena 11-12-21 12:33 PM

10-Day Gentle Reset Challenge with Eoin & Insiya Finn
 
I just finished day one of the challenge -- Calling in Calm. Although I'm an intermediate to advanced practitioner, I could appreciate and value this basic practice. I chuckled at his reference to the 'Itty Bitty ****ty Committee'. :o

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's practice!

Venus 11-13-21 09:39 AM

I did 'Day 1 - Calling in Calm' last night. I forgot about the challenge during the day, but I usually work out in the evening and remembered by then. When I saw it was 38 minutes, I thought it would be too long to add on after my workout, but it went by quickly and was relaxing.

I really enjoyed the practice, especially the form pointers. The slight adjustments helped me feel the stretches a lot more. Eoin calls the practice "Grounding in Calm" in the video and I did find it grounding. I do wish the videos would be available longer than two days, because I really liked the Day 1 practice and would like to do it again.

I also prepped for the porridge recipe last night. I'll have it this morning. I don't think I'll be doing the breakfasts every day, but I'll save the recipes to try later.

Dena 11-14-21 03:41 PM

I did the day two practice -- Clearing Space -- with Insiya yesterday morning. Like day one, it was a more basic practice but allowed me to be more mindful of form and get deeper into to poses.

I previewed today's practice -- The Bliss Reset -- and it looks like one I'll really enjoy. I won't have time to do it today but plan on combining it as well as day four's practice tomorrow. Today's recipe is really simple and looks yummy; I'll have to try it this week.

Dena 11-14-21 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venus (Post 2946753)
I do wish the videos would be available longer than two days, because I really liked the Day 1 practice and would like to do it again.

I also prepped for the porridge recipe last night. I'll have it this morning. I don't think I'll be doing the breakfasts every day, but I'll save the recipes to try later.

I wish the practices would be available for a longer period of time also, Venus. Maybe Eoin will add them to his YouTube channel at some point in the future.

What did you think of the porridge?

Venus 11-15-21 09:03 AM

I did Clearing Space (32 min) with Insiya on Saturday. It was more of an active flow than I wanted that night, but, just when I was getting a little bit warm/sweaty, we moved onto seated poses and relaxation. I think it was about 2/3 of the practice that was more active. Day 1 was a really yummy slow flow and I kind of wanted more of that on Saturday. I still felt stretched and relaxed after, though.

I did The Bliss Reset (43 min) with Eoin on Sunday night. The title was appropriate. Eoin spoke about breathing in the beginning and there was a long-ish relaxation at the end, so the practice didn't feel so long. He snuck a bit of work in there with the Warrior III sequence, but it was short. The practice still felt very gentle overall. I think his reminders on form and breathing and his sayings/mantras are what helps me focus and relax in the poses. My mind was wandering before and during the practice at times, so the little reminders helped me focus on my breathing. I was wondering if the challenge might be too much (I'm doing the Yoga with Adriene calendar, too), but it's been lovely so far so I will try to continue :)

I noticed you can download a PDF of all the recipes under the 'Resources' tab. If you scroll down under the video to where it says 'About', there are tabs that say 'Resources' and 'Comments'. I want to try the papaya smoothie next.

Venus 11-15-21 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dena (Post 2946883)
What did you think of the porridge?

I liked the porridge :yummy: I've been craving oatmeal, so I was happy to try the recipe.

I didn't make it exactly. I didn't have ginger or hemp seeds, so I substituted cinnamon and ground flaxseed. I had coconut milk, but I used soy milk instead. I also halved the recipe and made just one serving for myself. It's a simple recipe. I actually prepped more for this morning :)

Dena 11-15-21 03:47 PM

I did 'Bliss Reset' (day three) and 'Trust Is A Must' (day four) this afternoon. Although I enjoyed them both, 'Bliss Reset' resonated with me more and is one I would love to do over and over again. I enjoyed many of Eoin's comments -- wondering mind is redundant; LSD breathing, slow and steady wins the race (it's actually getting out of the race / off the hamster wheel), etc. I fell asleep after completing both practices, during Eoin's final relaxation. Since I usually do a one hour practice each day, combining day three and four fit great with my schedule and provided a well rounded practice. :sun:

Dena 11-15-21 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venus (Post 2946926)
I noticed you can download a PDF of all the recipes under the 'Resources' tab. If you scroll down under the video to where it says 'About', there are tabs that say 'Resources' and 'Comments'. I want to try the papaya smoothie next.

Thanks for the hint. I'll definitely download the recipes so I can try them later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venus (Post 2946929)
I liked the porridge :yummy: I've been craving oatmeal, so I was happy to try the recipe.

I didn't make it exactly. I didn't have ginger or hemp seeds, so I substituted cinnamon and ground flaxseed. I had coconut milk, but I used soy milk instead. I also halved the recipe and made just one serving for myself. It's a simple recipe. I actually prepped more for this morning :)

Due to food allergies / intolerances, I'm often using substitutions in recipes and have had many people tell me they like my version better. :D

Venus 11-16-21 10:35 AM

Last night I did Trust is a Must (38 min). I really liked it :) This practice with Insiya was more of an active flow again. I would have liked more cueing in a couple of spots where I had to glance at the video to see what she was doing. On the other hand, I did attempt more full poses. Insiya included a lot of poses that made me feel strong (lunges, half moon, chair, etc) and I was warm enough to try to go a little deeper into the poses. I would have liked a bit longer in corpse/relaxation (but that is usual for me with most practices!).

I tried wheel when she suggested it, and I got into full wheel pose! I felt stable and strong holding the pose. The last time I tried wheel, it was a struggle and I only got the top on my head onto the floor and not off the floor. I can't remember the last time I did full wheel, so it was a nice surprise.

I didn't make the porridge yesterday after all, so I had it this morning with banana on top. I'll probably make it again; I think I could prep a few individual servings ahead of time.

Venus 11-16-21 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dena (Post 2946957)
I did 'Bliss Reset' (day three) and 'Trust Is A Must' (day four) this afternoon. Although I enjoyed them both, 'Bliss Reset' resonated with me more and is one I would love to do over and over again. I enjoyed many of Eoin's comments -- wondering mind is redundant; LSD breathing, slow and steady wins the race (it's actually getting out of the race / off the hamster wheel), etc. I fell asleep after completing both practices, during Eoin's final relaxation. Since I usually do a one hour practice each day, combining day three and four fit great with my schedule and provided a well rounded practice. :sun:

Yes, I too enjoyed Eoin's comments on Day 3! I'm glad the challenge is working well for your schedule. I'm still doing my usual Yoga with Adriene, so I've been enjoying a longer practice.

Dena 11-16-21 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venus (Post 2947024)
I tried wheel when she suggested it, and I got into full wheel pose! I felt stable and strong holding the pose. The last time I tried wheel, it was a struggle and I only got the top on my head onto the floor and not off the floor. I can't remember the last time I did full wheel, so it was a nice surprise.

That's great! Isn't it strange how some days we can flow right into a pose and other days it's a struggle, or even impossible!?!? I think part of it is the condition of our body and mind on that particular day, or what poses we have done prior to each successive pose.

Dena 11-16-21 02:04 PM

I just finished today's practice, 'Yoga for a Polarized World'. It was very timely, considering the condition the world is in today when it comes to (all types of) politics and how it is affecting each of us individually and the world as a whole. I certainly felt this practice helped me 'get the issues out of my tissues'. :heart:
Although it was a well rounded 40 minute practice, I couldn't believe it when Eoin introduced the last pose. It seemed like I was only 15 minutes into the practice!

Regarding the recipes, I tried to download the .pdf but am not able to. Have you had success, Venus?

Venus 11-17-21 09:48 AM

I completed Yoga for a Polarized World (41 min) yesterday. Before I started, I thought I would have liked this practice a few weeks ago...but it was needed and effective yesterday, too. I liked the intro and Eoin's comments about not having to love our enemy, but to at least 'not hate', accept, and respect.

This practice was more active than Eoin's previous videos. I preferred Day 1 and Day 3 because they were more gentle, but I agree that Day 4 is a timely practice and I felt better afterward. There were a couple poses from Insiya's practice the day before which I was happy to practice again (I was a little less wobbly in half moon this time). The more active part of the practice went by quickly. I think it felt shorter because Eoin spent a good amount of time in relaxation at the end, which I appreciate.

I've been trying to incorporate a yoga practice for anger (or a similar focus) every once in a while to "work the issues out of my tissues" more regularly :love:

Venus 11-17-21 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dena (Post 2947042)
That's great! Isn't it strange how some days we can flow right into a pose and other days it's a struggle, or even impossible!?!? I think part of it is the condition of our body and mind on that particular day, or what poses we have done prior to each successive pose.

Thanks :) I think our attitude has a lot to do with it, too. I went into bridge and just thought I'd try wheel (instead of thinking it would be too hard) and was able to do the pose. And, yes, I was feeling pretty strong by the time we got to wheel!


Quote:

Originally Posted by Dena (Post 2947043)
Regarding the recipes, I tried to download the .pdf but am not able to. Have you had success, Venus?

I was able to download the PDF before, but I tried last night and it's not available (there's no button to press and download, just text). It seems like maybe it got locked after a couple days like the videos. If you PM me your e-mail, I can try to send you the PDF.

Dena 11-17-21 03:19 PM

I did today's practice -- Nourished Body, Centered Mind -- with Insiya this afternoon. It started out very slow then she did Sun 'Sea' Salutations for a couple rounds before going into some slow, deep poses. I really liked how she transitioned from table to seated pigeon. Since it was a short practice, I added a 30 minute BoHo Beautiful practice to round it out.

Dena 11-17-21 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venus (Post 2947110)
I was able to download the PDF before, but I tried last night and it's not available (there's no button to press and download, just text). It seems like maybe it got locked after a couple days like the videos. If you PM me your e-mail, I can try to send you the PDF.

Thanks! I'll send you my email address to you. :)

Venus 11-18-21 09:51 AM

Wednesday's practice was Nourished Body, Centered Mind (34 min). I like that Insiya had more comments and form pointers during this practice. I was expecting a more active flow, based on Insiya's previous videos, but only the sun salutation sequence moved quickly. Most of the practice was very relaxing; there were lots of twists and forward folds and a long relaxation at the end. The latter was a nice bonus and unexpected with the shorter practice.

Venus 11-18-21 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dena (Post 2947156)
I really liked how she transitioned from table to seated pigeon. Since it was a short practice, I added a 30 minute BoHo Beautiful practice to round it out.

Table to seated pigeon was a very nice stretch! You mentioned before you do an hour of yoga, but I usually do a shorter daily practice. So far, I've been able to keep up with the Yoga with Adriene calendar during the challenge; I wasn't sure if I'd have to choose one or the other. I haven't felt like it's too much to do both :)

Dena 11-18-21 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venus (Post 2947232)
Table to seated pigeon was a very nice stretch! You mentioned before you do an hour of yoga, but I usually do a shorter daily practice. So far, I've been able to keep up with the Yoga with Adriene calendar during the challenge; I wasn't sure if I'd have to choose one or the other. I haven't felt like it's too much to do both :)

Kudos to you for being able to do both scheduled practices. When you really enjoy something, you find time to do it. I could practice yoga two to three hours a day and not get tired of it. My body, mind and soul craves and thrives off it. :love:

Dena 11-18-21 03:20 PM

Today was another great practice with Eoin, 'Release and Receive'. I liked the Tai Chi / Yoga flows, as well as the other mid-practice flows that weren't like any I've done before.

Only three more days of the challenge. I'll be sad when it's over, but hope this is just one of many (free) challenges Eoin and Insiya offer in the coming months. :)

Venus 11-19-21 08:19 AM

I did Release and Receive (39 min) with Eoin. I liked what he said in the beginning, that releasing tension in the body makes us more receptive to love. That is definitely one reason I do yoga. I think it makes people not just more receptive but more loving, too.

Eoin did more tai chi movement in this practice, which I'm not so familiar with. I have to admit I was a bit distracted and got a little lost a few times near the start and during the faster flow portion; I found myself glancing at the video more than usual. I still enjoyed the practice and the deep stretches felt especially nice. I also liked the lunge to seated twist transition; it was a great way to get into the pose with ease. There was a long relaxation at the end (my favorite part!).

Venus 11-19-21 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dena (Post 2947262)
Kudos to you for being able to do both scheduled practices. When you really enjoy something, you find time to do it. I could practice yoga two to three hours a day and not get tired of it. My body, mind and soul craves and thrives off it. :love:

Well, it's only been about an hour a day :p I know what you mean about craving yoga. Some days, I'll go on YouTube and do one short practice after another and pretty soon it's been an hour or more. I feel like a better person after!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dena (Post 2947263)
Today was another great practice with Eoin, 'Release and Receive'. I liked the Tai Chi / Yoga flows, as well as the other mid-practice flows that weren't like any I've done before.

Only three more days of the challenge. I'll be sad when it's over, but hope this is just one of many (free) challenges Eoin and Insiya offer in the coming months. :)

Some of the sequences in the flow portion were also new to me; I really enjoyed the arm movements added to the poses in those flows.

I'm hoping to try out some of the yoga practices on the Blissology Yoga YouTube channel. I bookmarked it some time ago, but haven't had a chance to try any of the videos.

Dena 11-19-21 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venus (Post 2947314)
I'm hoping to try out some of the yoga practices on the Blissology Yoga YouTube channel. I bookmarked it some time ago, but haven't had a chance to try any of the videos.

I've tried all of Eoin's practices (he has great pose demos / form pointers as well) on his Blissology channel. I've enjoyed them all, albeit some a bit more than others. ;) If you enjoy his practices in this challenge, you'll definitely enjoy what he has to offer there.

Dena 11-19-21 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venus (Post 2947308)
There was a long relaxation at the end (my favorite part!).

Hmm...I'm sensing a definite pattern with you. :p

Dena 11-19-21 06:13 PM

Today's practice with Eoin, 'Flow Into Bliss', was another enjoyable practice. I liked the two (main) flows he put together as well as the floor work at the end.

My eye kept getting drawn to the bandage he had on his ankle and wondering how he got his boo-boo. :p

Venus 11-20-21 12:56 AM

Day 8 was Flow Into Bliss (39 min) with Eoin. This had a faster flow portion and he added arm movements to some of the poses. I'm liking all the triangle poses in the videos; that pose/stretch has felt really nice for my body these days. I was a little tired after my workout today, but I was blissed out after the practice. I got sleepy during corpse at the end; I barely noticed the video ended. I'm hoping to sleep in tomorrow so I thought I'd post tonight :asleep:

Venus 11-20-21 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dena (Post 2947330)
I've tried all of Eoin's practices (he has great pose demos / form pointers as well) on his Blissology channel. I've enjoyed them all, albeit some a bit more than others. ;) If you enjoy his practices in this challenge, you'll definitely enjoy what he has to offer there.

Good to know- thanks! I browsed and saw several practices and videos I want to do/watch.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Dena (Post 2947331)
Hmm...I'm sensing a definite pattern with you. :p

I do prefer a restorative practice :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dena (Post 2947356)
My eye kept getting drawn to the bandage he had on his ankle and wondering how he got his boo-boo. :p

I didn't even notice the bandage! I had to go back and look...:p

Dena 11-20-21 02:43 PM

Today's practice was 'Devotion In Motion' with Insiya. I was surprised when she went into crow so early, but as an intermediate / advance yogi, I didn't mind it and really enjoyed the more challenging poses she offered in this practice and the transitions between each. I added a 15 minute free flow onto the practice since it was only about 40 minutes, and finished off with 'Peace In Conflict' meditation -- a separate video outside of the challenge that I received from Eoin this morning.

I also forgot to mention that I really liked how Eoin flowed from downdog directly into updog in yesterday's practice, skipping right over chaturanga. I never thought to do it that way but like having another option to choose from when doing that transition. :)

Venus 11-21-21 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dena (Post 2947417)
I also forgot to mention that I really liked how Eoin flowed from downdog directly into updog in yesterday's practice, skipping right over chaturanga. I never thought to do it that way but like having another option to choose from when doing that transition. :)

Dena, I enjoyed that move, too. I struggle with the chaturanga to upward dog transition (I feel like I'm not doing it quite "right"), so I'm happy to have another option as well.

Venus 11-21-21 09:31 AM

Saturday was Day 9 Devotion in Motion (42 min) with Insiya. This practice had more challenging poses (for me) and lots of twists and balance work. It was a nice flow; I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it and was willing and able to attempt most poses. I especially liked the sort of side plank flow with one leg bent in front. I was also happy to see chair (fierce!) pose with arm movements and wheel pose (I got into it again- yay! But I got a little shaky) which were in Insiya's Day 4 practice. I can't do crow, but I did practice the posture. My practice with Adriene was much more gentle and restorative, so I should have probably done Insiya's video first :p

I'm looking forward to Day 10 later today :)

Dena 11-21-21 12:27 PM

I just wrapped up the challenge with Eoin's 'Love More Now' practice. None of the poses were new, but the way he put some of them together into the (repeated) flows was different and very enjoyable.

Insiya joined him for the final seated meditation, which Eoin guided and provided very detailed imagery that helped me get out of my head and into the moment and end the practice feeling lighter and brighter.

I thoroughly enjoyed this ten day challenge and would love to have (free) access to all the practices and incorporate it into my rotation every month or so. :heart:

Venus 11-22-21 09:24 AM

Day 10 Love More Now (41 min) was another lovely, gentle practice with Eoin. I did find the transition from lunge to seated pigeon, and back, challenging. I was happy to practice wheel again; it felt good last night. It was nice to have Insiya join at the end for the seated meditation to close out the challenge.

I truly enjoyed the challenge! I think it's great that they released the challenge before the holiday season, which can be stressful. It really felt like a gentle reset for the mind and body :love:

Venus 11-22-21 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dena (Post 2947489)
I thoroughly enjoyed this ten day challenge and would love to have (free) access to all the practices and incorporate it into my rotation every month or so. :heart:

Dena, thank you for starting the check-in and keeping me motivated and accountable! :heart:

I think it would be nice if they repeated the challenge before Christmas or for the new year.

Dena 11-22-21 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venus (Post 2947553)
Dena, thank you for starting the check-in and keeping me motivated and accountable! :heart:

I think it would be nice if they repeated the challenge before Christmas or for the new year.

It was a pleasure having you with me during this challenge, Venus. :sun:

According to an email I received today, they won't repeat this challenge but it is available for purchase at a discounted price of $29.99. As much as I enjoyed it, I think that is a bit steep for ten practices that only last 30-40 minutes each.

They are offering another challenge -- Yoga Strong -- with two different instructors that begins next month; I've signed up. :cool:

Venus 11-22-21 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dena (Post 2947570)
It was a pleasure having you with me during this challenge, Venus. :sun:

According to an email I received today, they won't repeat this challenge but it is available for purchase at a discounted price of $29.99. As much as I enjoyed it, I think that is a bit steep for ten practices that only last 30-40 minutes each.

They are offering another challenge -- Yoga Strong -- with two different instructors that begins next month; I've signed up. :cool:

Likewise :D

I'm glad they're offering it separately for purchase. It might be a bit too steep for me right now, too. I might try to do Day 10 again before it locks.

Thanks for the heads up! I got the e-mail and I'll check out the Yoga Strong challenge. I may sign up :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness