Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   April 2021 Add 'em up Goals & Habits Challenge ~All welcome! (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230671)

Vantreesta 03-24-21 11:30 PM

April 2021 Add 'em up Goals & Habits Challenge ~All welcome!

Come join us in setting and achieving goals to promote your overall wellness! We are a friendly and welcoming group who love to chat when we have time, but please also feel free to join us if you want to just focus on your goals. No pressure here to address everyone; share as little or as much as you want!

We have been doing this challenge for many years now. While it is not strictly about fitness goals, we agree that our daily life goals work together with our fitness goals to make us happier and more balanced, so we combine them in this challenge. Feel free to join us! You can tailor it to your schedule if you need to take a week off for vacation or only count so many days. Whatever works for you!

Premise: Choose your goals for the month. Every time you complete a goal you get a point. Multiply your number of daily goals by the number of days in the month. This is your max total points. If you choose, reward yourself for reaching a certain percentage of your max possible (I use 90% for my personal goal), multiply by your max to get your total goal points. I also give myself extra credit options.

**Take this challenge however you wish. I used to total my points all the time but have fallen away from that and now just track my goals. There really are no rules, your challenge is your own, we're just here for support and to help each other with accountability. We would love to have you join us!

Vantreesta 03-24-21 11:31 PM

Vannie's April Goals

Mindfulness. Planning. Commitment. Discipline. Consistency.

1. In bed by 11:00 PM (EC: 1 pt per 15 minutes early)
2. Stay within calorie allowance on MyFitnessPal
3. Hit at least minimum for protein intake
Take all supplements
Drink 80+ oz of water
Drink chamomile tea before bed
4. Train Cyric at least 5 days/week
Kassandra's Evening Yoga Movement sometime btwn last walk and bedtime
5. Bike 3 days/week
6. Glute activation/hamstring rehab 5 days/week
7. Meet weekly minutes goal (10 pts) (EC available: 1 pt per 30 minutes over)

Extra credit:
1. 7 hours of sleep (10 pts)
2. 20000 steps
3. Start AM walk by 10:00

Non-routine household tasks for January: clean bathroom ceiling and window sills/casings worked on these but need to do a better job and finish
for March

Max possible points: ( avg pts/day)
Points goal (90%): ( avg pts/day)
Reward: personal satisfaction!

Mar 1-7 pts (out of avg ) ~ %
Mar 8-14 pts (out of avg ) ~ %
Mar 15-21 pts (out of avg ) ~ %
Mar 22-28 pts (out of avg ) ~ %
Mar 29-31 pts (out of avg ) ~ %

total for the month: / ~ %

Catahoula Cate 03-28-21 08:42 AM

Katie's April Goals:

Daily for 1 pt each:
1. supplements/vitamins
2. Daily Devotion
3. walk, dvd, or youtube.
4. Keep up with Daily Exercise Chart
5. Declutter
6. Gratitude Journal

Total Points available: 180 Goal: 162

Extra credit:
1. additional walk, dvd, or youtube clip. 1 pt

Overall Total: 214 pts

Mell 03-29-21 09:54 AM

Leonana 03-29-21 04:21 PM

Here!

MathTeacher 03-29-21 05:56 PM

I have terrible exercise ADD. My plan is to do Moving Mango 30 Days of Light Pilates Workout Series. We'll see.

I just need March to be behind me.

Vantreesta 04-01-21 01:42 PM

Happy Baseball Opening Day! I am super excited to watch my guys in regular season play again! We already had our 3B come out of the game in the 1st inning, though, so that's nerve-wracking given he missed half of last season with a calf injury.

I'm starting off the month with a negative covid test, thankfully. I was sure it would be but my sinuses or allergies or whatever it is I deal with fall through spring have been worse the last few days so I figured the responsible thing was to get tested just in case. I had more headaches and worse fatigue in March than the previous months and still feel tired but relieved by the confirmation it isn't covid. My dad wants me to go see my doctor but I'm going to bargain with him to see how this month goes with truly sincere efforts to go to bed earlier and improve my sleep. I told him March is always a very rough month for me and then I just kind of snap out of it. I also wasn't as good last month about taking all my supplements and I didn't have my usual magnesium bc GNC supposedly was out for over two months. They finally shipped and should be here in the next couple days. I also got out of my chamomile tea habit, which really does seem to help so my focus this month will be primarily sleep. It looks like our virtual tri will be the last week of the month so I'll be focusing workouts toward that and looking forward to more weight training after that.

Catahoula Cate 04-04-21 10:09 AM

Happy Easter! :sun:

Leonana 04-04-21 12:57 PM

Happy Easter!

I'm not sure what I want to do, I'm not feeling Jessica's Lift and Shift. It's very effective, but different from Jessica's other offerings in the past, which I liked. I think I might do my own rotation.

I got my first vaccine yesterday morning. So happy to get that out of the way! So far the only side effects are a sore upper arm.

MT, I hope April is better for you.

Vannie, I hope the headaches and fatigue improve.

MathTeacher 04-04-21 06:45 PM

Happy Easter!

Thanks, Sherry. Surely April will be better.