Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I've slowed down, but the workouts haven't! (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=225945)

Vintage VFer 05-28-19 11:10 AM

I've slowed down, but the workouts haven't!

DH did Charles Harris' "Super Chizel It" (2003) yesterday. Talk about vintage. (Not my DH - the workout!)

I got the urge to do a step workout. I rarely do step anymore, so I pulled out my old favorite, Kathy Smith's "Great Buns & Thighs" (1993). I had to laugh during the warm-up. It seemed like the workout was on fast-forward. Err, it took me a while to get up to speed. :p

We did a lot of hiking on our vacation, so the cardio part wasn't the problem. I think it was from doing so much mindless Leslie (which I love!)

I may have to work back up to another old favorite, the FIRM's "Cardio Step Mix."

Jennifer P. 05-28-19 01:36 PM

I still do a 10" step workout once a week, & my perception of the bpm speed is all over the place from week to week. One week a workout will be fine, a few weeks later it's too fast! So, I understand totally about your situation. I think I actually do better with workouts that have substantial choreography (hard to find with mostly 80's step workouts) because the workouts flow better than something that seems like stop & go in comparison.

Taiga 05-28-19 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage VFer (Post 2824116)
DH did Charles Harris' "Super Chizel It" (2003) yesterday. Talk about vintage. (Not my DH - the workout!)

I just pulled Chizel It out of my vintage box for this week's line-up. I remember thinking that probably nobody in the free world still does this one lol :p

I love my vintage workout box. I went out of the way years ago to collect some of the old, oddball, tried & true and downright strange workouts. A few really clicked---one of my all time favorites is "No Sweat" with Lyle Alzado. Phenomenal rebounder workout!!

ETA: Red alert---very high cheese factor :D

Vintage VFer 05-29-19 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taiga (Post 2824155)
I just pulled Chizel It out of my vintage box for this week's line-up. I remember thinking that probably nobody in the free world still does this one lol :p

I love my vintage workout box. I went out of the way years ago to collect some of the old, oddball, tried & true and downright strange workouts. A few really clicked---one of my all time favorites is "No Sweat" with Lyle Alzado. Phenomenal rebounder workout!!

ETA: Red alert---very high cheese factor :D

I like the original Chizel It. I even like the monotonous, yet motivating music. I didn't like his follow up, Super Chizel It.

angie_nrs 05-30-19 09:38 AM

I laughed when I read your thread title. I'm feeling the same way lately. I'm doing P90X again and I'm wondering if I'm gonna get through it.:eek: I'm on a "rest" week and I woke up this morning dealing with a sore and tight back when I did Yoga X yesterday. WTH?? I went mushroom hunting in the woods for a couple of hours too, so maybe that's it? I don't know.....but the workouts I used to just fly through certainly create much more of a challenge now than what they did before. The thought of having DOMS doesn't have the appeal that it used to.:cool:

Vintage VFer 05-30-19 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angie_nrs (Post 2824391)
I laughed when I read your thread title. I'm feeling the same way lately. I'm doing P90X again and I'm wondering if I'm gonna get through it.:eek: I'm on a "rest" week and I woke up this morning dealing with a sore and tight back when I did Yoga X yesterday. WTH?? I went mushroom hunting in the woods for a couple of hours too, so maybe that's it? I don't know.....but the workouts I used to just fly through certainly create much more of a challenge now than what they did before. The thought of having DOMS doesn't have the appeal that it used to.:cool:

I admire anyone who can get all the way through Yoga X! I never even tried. :eek:

angie_nrs 05-30-19 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage VFer (Post 2824395)
I admire anyone who can get all the way through Yoga X! I never even tried. :eek:

LOL!:D It's a feeling of accomplishment when it's over for sure since it does come with a certain amount of dread due to the length of it. I'm still determined to get it done though. Maybe later I'll split it in two segments. I've done that before.:p

I've noticed as I've gotten older some of those moves are getting more and more difficult to pull off. Crow and Wheel come to mind.:eek: I modify Crow and don't do the full minute on Wheel. And, thus far, I have NOT opted to do the push ups in between the vinyasa's and down dog.:p And even though Tony prefers that I be off my knees for the vinyasas......that's just not happening (yet). Although, I have made some huge balance strides since I started, so I am very happy about that.:) My balance postures were all over the place a few weeks ago.....now, much better.