Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What are your current fitness/health goals? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=218770)

PennyK 02-06-17 01:07 PM

What are your current fitness/health goals?

Nuggie's Auntie 02-06-17 01:33 PM

My goal is to really rethink my goals. :D I tend to like setting goals, but often I bite off more than I can chew and/or life gets in the way and I end up not achieving what I set out to do. Then I beat myself up or feel like a failure (or at least, feel disappointed in myself.)

So, I'm actually working through the 'self journal' with a friend and learning a lot about appropriate goal setting, prioritizing, etc. and really trying to follow through with what I set out to do. I want to consider promises I make to myself to be at least as important as those I make to others (and I am generally very good about keeping my commitments to others.)

Titus2woman 02-06-17 02:03 PM

I know I'm a broken record, but _Younger Next Year_ has transformed my goal from losing weight to setting goals for a healthy autumn of life. I actually think it's going to stick this time, so that I WILL lose the 100+ pounds!!! :heart:

Jeanne Marie 02-06-17 02:04 PM

I'm pretty much where I want to be fitness wise. I do the workouts that work for me, I do them often and I love doing them. My diet is good. I get good sleep too. Those are my continuing goals, even though I meet them every day.

I guess if I had to name a specific goal to work on it would be staying hydrated. I do pretty well in the summertime, but in the winter I have to make myself drink enough water. I sweat buckets several times a day, so it's essential that I re-hydrate. In the winter, when the temp isn't as hot, I don't feel thirst like I do in the summer. I have a 24 Oz water bottle that I make myself drink after every workout... even if I don't want it.

Nuggie's Auntie 02-06-17 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne Marie (Post 2692682)
I have a 24 Oz water bottle that I make myself drink after every workout... even if I don't want it.

If it's any consolation, I've read in several different places that you don't need to force yourself to drink water. The thirst mechanism is sufficient. And drinking when you really don't want it could actually be counter-productive (by throwing off electrolyte balance.)

superfit41 02-06-17 02:45 PM

My number one fitness goal this year is to buy less :o I have tons of dvd's. I still have a lot of "virgin" workouts to go through, so I have no business buying anything new right now. I am in maintenance mode, and have been for years, so I don't have any weight loss goals to meet. I do have to be careful not to overdo when doing my favorite cardio workouts. They sometimes stress out my back. I am also trying not to be so rigid with my diet. I try to eat a balanced diet, and I truly believe that moderation is key.
Sherry:)

Dabbadooey 02-06-17 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie (Post 2692695)
If it's any consolation, I've read in several different places that you don't need to force yourself to drink water. The thirst mechanism is sufficient. And drinking when you really don't want it could actually be counter-productive (by throwing off electrolyte balance.)

I've also been reading a lot about this lately. Also if you eat a lot of fruit and vegetables you don't need to drink as much.

Nuggie's Auntie 02-06-17 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabbadooey (Post 2692697)
I've also been reading a lot about this lately. Also if you eat a lot of fruit and vegetables you don't need to drink as much.

Indeed. Certainly, for the vast majority of people, drinking more than you 'need' is fine. You'll just pee it out. But I read a Tim Noakes article recently of a marathoner who actually died from hyponatremia (drinking too much water.) :eek: I don't mean to scaremonger, since again, most of us will not be in danger from drinking water, but for endurance athletes, it can be a real concern. Noakes was bemoaning the drink-even-when-you're-not-thirsty maxim as this woman's death was totally preventable. :(

alisoncooks 02-06-17 03:27 PM

My goals: less aches and pains, more energy, more strength, healthier life.

Mickey12 02-06-17 03:29 PM

I'd like to lose about 5 pounds. Ten would be great, but I'll settle for 5. I am great with exercise, but not so much what I put in my mouth.

My main objective is to continue to do a variety of exercise modalities to help me remain injury free. I've been extremely lucky with no major injuries during my 30ish years of regular fitness. Doing a variety of things helps with boredom too. I have never finished a rotation (although I came close with STS and P90X2). There are so many different instructors and types of workouts that I love that it's hard for me to stick to one thing for too long.

Kim