Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Off-Topic Wireless Printer (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232235)

SpiritYogi 01-05-22 09:16 AM

Wireless Printer

I currently have a wired printer and am thinking of switching to a wireless printer. I don't do a lot of printing (approximately 15 pages per week) but would like a model that is reliable, reasonably priced (both the unit and the ink; no more than $50 outlay for printer itself).

Or, if anyone has switched from wired to wireless and regreted it, please let me know why.

Joni O 01-05-22 04:19 PM

I have an HP Office Jet Pro 6960 that's a few years old. I think it was in your price range. I don't print much either, but it's nice to be able to print from my phone and iPad in addition to wired or wireless from my desktop computer. It serves the purpose. There have likely been a couple newer models since mine.

Helen 01-05-22 04:59 PM

Don't have a specific suggestion, as ours is large, but going wireless is great! Printing from the phone or laptop is SO convenient. You'll love it. :)

Will praise brands though:
My old printer (oooh, well over 10 years) is a Canon. Still connected to computer, as it prints onto DVDs using a tray. Never missed a beat.

Our wireless is our second Brother (older one taken to our farm, not broken) and also never had a problem. Hooked up with ease, always works.

Pat58 01-05-22 06:38 PM

I have a small HP Envy, bought it at Best Buy during a sale. Don't recall price but it was under $100. Very reliable. Sometimes it drops the wireless connection and I have to re-enter the password, other than that no complaints.

jusca 01-05-22 10:24 PM

epson workforce series has been a good buy for me. it's nearly 10 years old and works flawlessly with all my computers and mobile devices. the epson app is updated frequently.

SpiritYogi 01-06-22 10:50 AM

Thank you for all the suggestions!

I should have added that I don't need an all-in-one, just the printer itself since I don't require a scanner or copier and need something small for my home office. :o

warriorprincess 01-06-22 02:18 PM

As someone who only prints something every few months, I would never buy an inkjet printer again. Pretty much every single time I go to print something, the jets have dried up and I have to buy new ink. I finally broke down and bought a laser jet a couple of years ago. But if you're printing 15 pages a week, an inkjet should work fine for you. Just putting this out there for people who print like me.

unfetteredpast 01-06-22 03:14 PM

I have a Canon D570 -- it's an "all-in-one" printer, copier and scanner. It was $150 at Best Buy last summer, so higher than your price range, but I wanted the copying and scanning capabilities. I love it. Being able to print from the phone, tablet or laptop is just what I wanted. It does double-sided printing, too, so I save on paper.