Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Serena Williams gives birth to baby girl (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=221041)

bubbles76 10-01-17 07:35 AM

Beanpeanut, I could be wrong, but I think nckfitheart was talking about people in general, not necessarily you, when she talked about the people who didn't like Serena. Although she was directly referencing you with the ballerina comment :p

A person's demeanor at their worst can color how you feel about them in general, no matter how much adversity they have faced, illnesses they've overcome, or skill they have displayed in tough situations. For instance, although Mariah Carey and Beyonce are amazing singers and have done a lot for their communities, I can't feel all joyful inside because of how I've seen them at their worst (not in person, obviously). They both seem pretty hard to work with, for different reasons.

Susan G. 10-01-17 05:49 PM

Serena's letter to her mother was distributed shortly after publication Maria Sharapova's fixated and snarky book, which made numerous bitter references to Serena and her body. I personally found Serena's letter a classy high road response to Sharapova's low road sniping.

nckfitheart 10-03-17 02:05 PM

[QUOTE=beanpeanut;2735844][QUOTE=nckfitheart;2735625

Ballerina.....I'm describing a motion that the sister's make after they win a match. If my feelings about this motion(Ballerina) bothered you, well....sorry you are offended.[/QUOTE]

I am not offended neither am I bothered by you mentioning the ballerina motion. I am just pointing out the double standard demeanor, in general, towards Serena.

[QUOTE=beanpeanut;2735847]
Quote:

Originally Posted by nckfitheart (Post 2735625)
For that narrow minded crowd!/QUOTE]

Well.... what about this! Whom are we referring to??

I am referring to hollyweird and mainstream media promoting skinny women instead of empowering women to look more healthy at their best ability.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbles76 (Post 2735869)
Beanpeanut, I could be wrong, but I think nckfitheart was talking about people in general, not necessarily you, when she talked about the people who didn't like Serena. Although she was directly referencing you with the ballerina comment :p

yes Bubbles 76 you are right! I suppose Serena is free to do the ballerina move to graciously thank her supporters.:):)

nckfitheart 10-03-17 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan G. (Post 2735964)
I personally found Serena's letter a classy high road response to Sharapova's low road sniping.

I agree! Drug suspension for Sharapova was already bad enough. Low enough to come up with these quotes in her book!:cool::confused:

beanpeanut 10-05-17 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan G. (Post 2735964)
Maria Sharapova's fixated and snarky book

This had nothing to do with my comments on Serena!

beanpeanut 10-06-17 12:08 AM

[QUOTE=nckfitheart;2736265][QUOTE I am just pointing out the double standard demeanor, in general, towards Serena.

What is this double stander biz that keeps coming up?

amoodygirl 10-06-17 06:21 AM

I am also not a fan of the Williams' sisters because of everything beanpeanut said. Look, you make a TON of money playing a game. Be gracious, be kind, be thankful. That's all.

I'm actually not a fan of tennis at all. I worked for the USTA in 1997 and all I will say is they are a horrible organization. I could have blown the whistle on some really nasty things that were actually stupidly put into a memo that I found but I chose to quit instead.

Diane

nckfitheart 10-06-17 07:39 AM

l believe this thread was posted to inform anyone (regardless of being a fan or not!) about a tennis player giving birth.

Now, as a known quote say: "if you have nothing nice to say, it is better to not state anything! Political correctness, sarcasm or snarkiness is not synonymous to being kind!

The term 'Double standards' can easily be found on google.
'a rule or principle which is unfairly applied in different ways to different people or groups'.

amoodygirl 10-06-17 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nckfitheart (Post 2736693)
l believe this thread was posted to inform anyone (regardless of being a fan or not!) about a tennis player giving birth.

Now, as a known quote say: "if you have nothing nice to say, it is better to not state anything! Political correctness, sarcasm or snarkiness is not synonymous to being kind!

'a rule or principle which is unfairly applied in different ways to different people or groups'.

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you for clarifying what a "Double Standard" means. I didn't learn that when I obtained my Ph.D.

eam531 10-06-17 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nckfitheart (Post 2736693)

And because some people aren't fans, they're saying so.

Anyone who starts a thread can't control its direction. There have been countless threads here on VF about specific instructors that were begun by the instructor's fan, only to have things get hissy because people who aren't fans chime in.

Serena's a public figure, as are video instructors. You might not like it that people who aren't fans of Serena have posted on this thread, but they are free to state their opinion. Not every thread has to be a love fest.