Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   OT - Pen pals anyone? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230804)

Gams 04-11-21 09:15 AM

OT - Pen pals anyone?

I知 just curious - would anyone here be interested in having a pen pal?

I started thinking about this yesterday when I got a letter from a friend in VA. We send hand written letters to each other and it made me feel good when I saw a letter from her in my mailbox and I really looked forward to reading it.

I text a couple people and phone a couple people, but I realize getting a letter in the mail is something I look forward to and I miss the good old days when I was corresponding with several people. I知 going to check out some of the pen pal websites, too.

Demeris 04-11-21 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gams (Post 2920574)
I知 just curious - would anyone here be interested in having a pen pal?

I started thinking about this yesterday when I got a letter from a friend in VA. We send hand written letters to each other and it made me feel good when I saw a letter from her in my mailbox and I really looked forward to reading it.

I text a couple people and phone a couple people, but I realize getting a letter in the mail is something I look forward to and I miss the good old days when I was corresponding with several people. I知 going to check out some of the pen pal websites, too.

I retired 8 years ago and moved 45 miles away from where I had gone to college, lived, and worked for 40 years.

I have, in these past 8 years, tried to turn two of my friends, one of whom lives now in another state and one of whom still lives in Tucson, into pen pals. I regularly write chatty and confessional letters to them.

The one who lives in another state calls me once or twice a year. I've heard from the other one twice, both times on FB messenger.

These are women with whom I have been friends for decades. These are literate and thoughtful women. These are women who, I KNOW, cherish my friendship.

But why they won't write back is a mystery.

Pam61 04-11-21 11:38 AM

Some people are not letter writers. I had a childhood friend that I would write to (when I moved away) and she never wrote back to me. Or, at least very little.

I miss letter writing and would enjoy having a fitness pen-pal. That would be fun! :sun:

Karla25 04-11-21 01:22 PM

I think it痴 a wonderful idea! I would love to participate. However, I知 not big on writing long letters, but would enjoy sending cards with short notes.

fanofladyvols 04-11-21 02:00 PM

Oh I would be happy to participate but not good at long letters.
I actually send a card here and there to a couple of VFers already. I might get chatty in a card, lol.

So if that is ok, then count me in 😃

Jane P. 04-11-21 03:35 PM

I'd be interested too, but not up for long letters.

FirmDancer 04-11-21 06:27 PM

I would love a fitness pen-pal! (I prefer frequency over length.)

buffmama 04-12-21 06:27 AM

I would absolutely consider this.

Laura S. 04-12-21 08:57 AM

I send out lots of cards to family and friends. Most are meant to be an encouraging drop-in into their mailbox and lives. But a few of them are pen pals and I exchange everything from short notes to long letters. It just depends on what I'm responding to. I'd love to participate!

anetta 04-12-21 09:34 AM

What a great idea, I had a penpal in school and we met in person after we graduated high school.

We have lost touch now.

I would be interested in short notes as well. There is something about getting an actual piece of mail.

Anita