Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Back pain workout? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227045)

stsai 10-17-19 12:05 AM

Back pain workout?

Does anyone have recommendations for a good lower back pain workout? I wasn't a fan of Miranda's Classical Stretch Back dvd or Jessica's Gentle Yoga for Back dvd. YouTube workouts or Classical Stretch episodes are welcome. The Lying Practice from Jane Adams on her Gentle Yoga dvd was also great so something similar should work. Thanks!

katalina 10-17-19 06:08 AM

My go to for years has been:
10 minute solution - Pilates on the Ball - Pilates for Flexibility Segment

I've not done the Jane Adams segment you mentioned, so I don't know how it would compare.

anjabear 10-17-19 07:17 AM

Hands down:
Foundation Training From Pain to Performance, Fundamentals and Daily Workouts
That's the complete title and it's by Dr. Eric Goodman

I also highly recommend his book Foundation.

Both were highly instrumental with helping me totally rehab my back and change my movement patterns which I will continue for my whole life.

Seriously these are super helpful I would buy them again in a heartbeat. I have recommended them to anyone that needs back help.

Pat58 10-17-19 07:30 AM

I rely on short restorative or Yin yoga sessions for back pain relief. Lately I've been using all free routines on Youtube. Here are some favorites:

Kassandra's 30 Minute Yin Yoga for Low Back & Posture

Sarah Beth Yoga Deep Stretch - my favorites:
~ Low Back
~ Chest and Back
~ Hip Flexors

There's so much on Youtube! Good luck. Back pain sucks.

antbuko 10-17-19 10:10 AM

I like the Classical Stretch for back pain DVD. I don't remember the exact name but it's really helpful. I also like the two Viniyoga Therapy DVDs; there's one for upper and one for lower back pain.

alisoncooks 10-17-19 10:41 AM

Have you tried Mimi Solaire's back DVDs?

Demeris 10-17-19 06:00 PM

Almost any T-Tapp workout eliminates any back ache or pain I might have. If you've never done T-Tapp, then I would suggest starting with Basic Workout Plus.

Laura S. 10-18-19 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjabear (Post 2843639)
Hands down:
Foundation Training From Pain to Performance, Fundamentals and Daily Workouts
That's the complete title and it's by Dr. Eric Goodman

I also highly recommend his book Foundation.

Both were highly instrumental with helping me totally rehab my back and change my movement patterns which I will continue for my whole life.

Seriously these are super helpful I would buy them again in a heartbeat. I have recommended them to anyone that needs back help.

I got the book and found it informative, but not very motivating. I ended up using short workouts on Youtube that this person/group has put there. Just a short video helped my lower back. You can find the videos here

tytbody 10-18-19 03:38 PM

A visit to the doctor to be sure you didn’t injure something. Rest and ice, on off cold therapy

anjabear 10-19-19 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laura S. (Post 2843834)
I got the book and found it informative, but not very motivating. I ended up using short workouts on Youtube that this person/group has put there. Just a short video helped my lower back. You can find the videos here

The DVDs are very helpful. The first one has, I think, 8 very short workouts with the moves that are in the book. The second one has some longer workouts but still very short. One of the big take-a-ways for me is that I had to change my every day movement; and I did. It has helped me enormously.

beyond.omega 10-19-19 11:13 AM

Barbara Benagh' Yoga for Stress Relief has a premix for SI Joint that really takes care of my lower back. There is also a lower back premix but for some reason the SI Joint one helps for my lower back pain more even though I have no SI joint problem, and even my injury is higher up at L1/L2. Bth premxes are almost the same, so if you decide to try this DVD, it might be worth trying both to see if you like one better.

JeepGirl 10-19-19 11:49 AM

My back was hurting the other day and I did Core Balance from Stephanie Huckabee’s Power Fit Harmony series. I felt great after! I’ve done Miranda’s Back Pain DVD and was just meh about it.

lreidgreen 10-19-19 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katalina (Post 2843629)
My go to for years has been:
10 minute solution - Pilates on the Ball - Pilates for Flexibility Segment

I've not done the Jane Adams segment you mentioned, so I don't know how it would compare.

I have that Pilates on the Ball DVD. It is a dust bunny but it has been queued up for me to re-try. I am doing the Tear off The Shrinkwrap check in and am including rarely done workouts to the mix.

It’s good to hear about low back friendly workouts. Thanks

warriorprincess 10-20-19 10:31 AM

My go to for back pain is Rodney Yee's 'Yoga for Backcare.'

Pat58 10-20-19 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warriorprincess (Post 2844002)
My go to for back pain is Rodney Yee's 'Yoga for Backcare.'

The old one with the chair? I did this last night -very nice. :love:

JustSandra 10-20-19 11:35 AM

My go-to for a sore lower back is Lee Holden's Qi Gong For Low Back Pain.

PennyK 10-20-19 12:49 PM

NancyW 10-20-19 02:12 PM

Scott Cole has a Tai Chi workout for back care. It's still sold on Amazon.
Nancy

https://www.amazon.com/Scott-Cole-Di.../dp/B001OSC4EW

Gibbee 10-20-19 02:47 PM

Kelly Coffey Meyer has her "Your Healthy Back" workout

warriorprincess 10-21-19 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat58 (Post 2844005)
The old one with the chair? I did this last night -very nice. :love:

Yes, that's the one!