Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Poor Bill Phillips Got COVID (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231634)

fanofladyvols 08-26-21 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taiga (Post 2938789)
So sorry about your mom --this happened to my family member as well. She became briefly ill with the first shot then deathly ill with the second. She pulled through but still deals with some side effects and has to take meds daily now. Hopefully it will continue to get better with time. Prayers and well wishes to your family!

Taiga prayers for your family member to get better over time 🙏

Karla25 08-26-21 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoodygirl (Post 2938794)
All I'm going to say on this topic is the source of the infection was proven through contact tracing. Many people became ill with Covid in her building, including her daughter (who survived) and many passed away after having contact with these workers.

If you weren't trying to stir the pot, then you should have simply said the maintenance workers should have been quarantined. However, you had to politicize the post and state your cousin died because the maintenance men didn't wear masks. The results would have been the same if they had been wearing a mask.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoodygirl (Post 2938749)
This article was posted yesterday from The Sacramento Bee. I just pray he doesn't become a Covid long hauler. Just shows me that the virus doesn't discriminate - no matter how fit its victim. I lost my cousin to Covid last November - she did everything right but the maintenance people in her building knowingly had Covid and wouldn't wear masks. We found this out after she passed.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavi...253708748.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by leigh1673 (Post 2938801)
Probably because your "truth" is some regurgitated nonsense spouted by an ignorant faction of the population who blatantly disregard actual. scientific. evidence.

But please, do go on...

LOL. Ditto. It goes both ways. Do you not realize both parties think the other party is uninformed? That's why it's best to avoid these types of conversations.

My husband, who is a Mensa member (genius IQ) isn't ignorant, but rather highly informed about protective protocols and treatments. I trust his judgement immensely.

Lastly, you just proved my point by bullying me for stating my opinion. Hopefully, Wendy will shut this thread down.

gladgirl 08-26-21 03:15 PM

Quote:

So sorry about your mom --this happened to my family member as well. She became briefly ill with the first shot then deathly ill with the second. She pulled through but still deals with some side effects and has to take meds daily now. Hopefully it will continue to get better with time. Prayers and well wishes to your family!

Wow...this is so frightening. So sorry your mom is going through all this.
Glad to hear she's getting better with the meds. Hoping she continues to completely recover. Hugs and prayers for you all.

ardnas 08-26-21 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieB (Post 2938771)
She has had issues since her 2nd shot in July; passing out, flu like symptoms, in and out of the clinic. Add confusion and fever the beginning of August. She was airlifted to a Sioux Falls hospital August 11; she was intubated and survived that. Now she is back in my hometown hospital. DH and I were there this past weekend and will likely be going again this weekend.

Yep, I think a healthy dose of tolerance and kindness applies to all :love: .

So sorry to hear.

My mom is another who had adverse reactions (to Moderna). First shot was fine, after 2nd she started having bad headaches daily then couldn't breathe, fainted, blot clots in lungs, and all types of odd things, flu symptoms - always tested neg for covid. She's been in and out of hospitals and nursing homes since early May. 4 hospitals in 4 different cities, tested for everything under the sun and all 14 of her Drs say it is from the vaccine. She was also intubated, had lungs scoped & biopsied. She is on oxygen & steroids and doesn't have much quality of life. Don't believe she will recover or survive for long.

ardnas 08-26-21 03:33 PM

Quote:

So sorry to hear this.

Lori_Michigan 08-26-21 03:40 PM

JackieB and taiga -- I'm so sorry, I sure hope your family members are able to recover in time.

It took a solid 10 weeks for me to not feel the daily nerve pain, but I still feel it occasionally. It took about 6 six weeks to not feel the effects on my motor skills. I kind of think I also have some gastro and intestinal nerve damage too, since I didn't have either of those prior to the shot either. But I know nerves take a long time to regenerate if they've been damaged.

My son's nerve headaches and heart rate issues took about 8 weeks to subside, but again, he still gets them occasionally. He also developed severe allergies this year, which he never had before.

We certainly take any precaution we can now, since we clearly had some sort of autoimmune reaction. I really thought that my high vitamin D level (which I get tested every few months) would have helped with the shot's side effects, but I guess not.

amoodygirl 08-26-21 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karla25 (Post 2938805)
If you weren't trying to stir the pot, then you should have simply said the maintenance workers should have been quarantined. However, you had to politicize the post and state your cousin died because the maintenance men didn't wear masks. The results would have been the same if they had been wearing a mask.

I'm not stirring the pot. I'm merely stating facts. I remain non-political and am guided completely by the science.

gladgirl 08-26-21 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ardnas (Post 2938807)
So sorry to hear.

My mom is another who had adverse reactions (to Moderna). First shot was fine, after 2nd she started having bad headaches daily then couldn't breathe, fainted, blot clots in lungs, and all types of odd things, flu symptoms - always tested neg for covid. She's been in and out of hospitals and nursing homes since early May. 4 hospitals in 4 different cities, tested for everything under the sun and all 14 of her Drs say it is from the vaccine. She was also intubated, had lungs scoped & biopsied. She is on oxygen & steroids and doesn't have much quality of life. Don't believe she will recover or survive for long.

OMG So sorry to hear what your poor mom went through and still suffering. I cannot imagine, truly. Hugs and love and prayers for you all!