Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Classical Stretch Recommendation (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=230070)

Tammie M 12-25-20 12:06 PM

Classical Stretch Recommendation

I'm considering getting another season of Classical Stretch during Miranda's latest sale. I have seasons 4,6,7,8, and 10. Initially I was thinking of getting season 9 but I remember comments in GF that Miranda's style had improved in season 11 and later. So now I am considering season 11 or 12 instead of 9. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Mopsy 12-25-20 12:39 PM

I mostly do the streaming and don't pay attention to which season I'm watching. Are they still offering a trial so you can try out various episodes? Since you already own many seasons, I'm not suggesting you subscribe, just use it to find what you like. Or maybe even email them and ask?

Other VF'ers know the seasons better, so I hope they can offer more ideas.

yogapam 12-25-20 01:31 PM

I haven’t done Season 9 for ages as I tend to go to the newer workouts. The method has evolved a lot. I’d go for Season 12 or 13. Season 13 is shorter, but it’s really nice.

JackieB 12-25-20 01:47 PM

I'm with Mopsy; I really like streaming and what the new workouts have to offer. I'd spring for streaming while it's 20% before I'd buy another season.

I do like what Miranda did with Season 13. Like Pam said, it's nice. It is a shorter season but it seems more like the "old" Miranda. I like 11, also.

What I really, really like is the exclusive content online.

fanofladyvols 12-25-20 02:33 PM

Tammie,

Of the seasons you have, which do you like the best?

Or what kinds of episodes do you tend to repeat?

Izzy 12-25-20 02:40 PM

Personally, I like 9. I prefer it to 11-13. For me seasons 11-13 are too slow. 9 is one of my favorites.

Demeris 12-25-20 03:01 PM

Right now, 13 is my favorite season, but the PBS Fast Track, Aging Backwards 3 DVDs are my favorite set—rotation.

I'm in the middle of doing season 12 again, and while I like it, I find Miranda's cueing, and more than a few of the workouts themselves, a bit choppy.

Before 13/Fast Track, my all-time favorite season was season 8. When I finish going through season 12, I will revisit 8 and see whether it holds up against 13/Fast Track.

lavna 12-25-20 03:01 PM

I have season 11 and I've recorded some Season 12 episodes from PBS. I like season 12 much more than season 11. She seems more focused in season 12 and her instructing is better. Also, in season 11, I often feel that she tries to follow the music but I doesn't work at all!
HTH
Nathalie

Tammie M 12-25-20 10:46 PM

Thanks for the recommendations! I decided to go for Season 12. Of the seasons that I currently have Season 7 is my favorite. I'm not really sure why.

By the way, Miranda is having Boxing week sale until January 4. She is discounting her sales prices by 10% with the coupon code BOXING10.

DCW 12-27-20 12:38 PM

Congratulations!!!

Let us know how you like it. I just checked and my PBS station is doing Season 12 now. :D

Thanks for the tip regarding the extra 10% off!