Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   cathe update (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=84761)

PhyllisG 04-13-06 06:51 PM

cathe update

Cathe has just posted an unpdate and it appears that she has had surgery this week. Check her site for all the details.

kirstyscooby 04-13-06 07:02 PM

Thanks Phyllis for letting us know. Sounds great that Cathe finally has had the correct diagnosis made, surgery sounds like it went very well also. :)

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?a...id=60961&page=

lesia 04-13-06 07:02 PM

Wow! Was this from overuse?

I feel for Cathe and when I read this I interpreted it to mean the injury was from overuse. I wish her well and a speedy recovery. I hope this means that her future workouts will include some lower impact, higher intensity stuff. I mean I love a good, sweaty, and intense workout, but my near 40 year old body doesn't like it near as much as an intense hill climb on my treadmill.

Any thoughts?

Lesia

KarenP 04-13-06 07:17 PM

I read her post and she seemed to imply that her injury was the result of something she did while kickboxing. It's always hard to pin these things down, though. She surely must be relieved to have a confirmed diagnosis with the surgery over with.

Wow, her estimate as to when she can start filming -- 3 weeks after she can resume normal activity -- seems highly optimistic!

Gatorfan76 04-13-06 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenP
I read her post and she seemed to imply that her injury was the result of something she did while kickboxing. It's always hard to pin these things down, though. She surely must be relieved to have a confirmed diagnosis with the surgery over with.

Wow, her estimate as to when she can start filming -- 3 weeks after she can resume normal activity -- seems highly optimistic!

I think so too- she says it will take 6 weeks to resume normal activity then 3 more weeks after that to film.

I would say it will take 8 weeks to resume normal activity then 4 weeks after to get into filming shape. (and I'M being optimistic here...)

Its April 13th now so she won't be able to film until mid to late July. With all the post production stuff she has to do--these DVD won't be ready until September. Does anyone remember when the original pre-sale was held? This has to be the record for longest time between pre-sale and DVD release. :o

In any case, I wish Cathe well and I hope she has a speedy recovery :)

dutchgirl 04-13-06 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorfan76
Does anyone remember when the original pre-sale was held? This has to be the record for longest time between pre-sale and DVD release. :o

I ordered the first or second day back in September 2005.

KathAL79 04-13-06 08:12 PM

As someone who's been at the doctor's more often than not and now has a diagnosis myself, I can only imagine Cathe's relief at finally knowing what the problem is. I wish her well as she recovers from what sounds like a successful surgery.

I should probably scratch that boxing video she announced off of my mental wish list, though, unless she decides to go with punches only (which would make sense for boxing, I guess).

FitBoop 04-13-06 09:43 PM

If I were Cathe, the last thing I would want to do is to go back to doing the same kinds of exercise that I was doing before. I don't think it makes sense to go back to doing the high impact and all the other knee-stressing activities. I would be afraid of re-injuring that knee or injuring the other knee.

A friend of mine had knee surgery and it took a year until she was able to resume all her normal exercise activities, and even after more than a year, the knee hurts if she overdoes it.

heatherelise 04-13-06 09:48 PM

I agree, Abbe. I wish that this would be a turning point for Cathe in terms of looking into more joint-friendly workouts. I know that if I do a lot of Cathe during a week I start having knee problems. I wonder if she feels pressured to keep the workouts exactly the same as described during presale. I for one would love for her to cancel the whole thing, give us our money back and spend a year researching and training for new, smart, innovative ways to train. I guess I've been doing the TLTs a little too much lately :) Regardless, I wish the very best for her.

Heat her

Gatorfan76 04-13-06 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abbe
If I were Cathe, the last thing I would want to do is to go back to doing the same kinds of exercise that I was doing before. I don't think it makes sense to go back to doing the high impact and all the other knee-stressing activities. I would be afraid of re-injuring that knee or injuring the other knee.

Good point Abbe:)

I also thought since this series is going to be advanced Cathe should really consider doing the intermediate level and just have one of her background exercisers do the advanced version. I wouldn't even mind if Cathe ended up not leading these workouts and she can be in the background doing the low-impact modification.