Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Favorite Band Workouts (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=233266)

Karla25 09-01-22 07:02 PM

Favorite Band Workouts

I came across this Jessica Smith lower body loop band workout today :love:10 Minute Solution:Belly Butt and Thigh Blasters

It looks fun! Do you have a favorite band workout?

DawnP 09-01-22 07:50 PM

More resistance tubing/band workouts on YouTube

Thank you for the link to Jessica Smith's workout!

I have a playlist of 37 different resistance band/tubing workouts on YouTube.

It includes workouts by Jessica Smith, Sydney Cummings, Tracy Steen, Barlates, and even an oldie-but-goodie by Kathy Smith.

Enjoy!

Erica H. 09-02-22 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawnP (Post 2975158)

It includes workouts by Jessica Smith, Sydney Cummings, Tracy Steen, Barlates, and even an oldie-but-goodie by Kathy Smith.

Enjoy!

Wow, thank you!

Erica

jackie7 09-02-22 08:00 AM

Yes. Thank you so much!

Erica H. 09-02-22 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karla25 (Post 2975149)
I came across this Jessica Smith lower body loop band workout today :love:10 Minute Solution:Belly Butt and Thigh Blasters

It looks fun! Do you have a favorite band workout?

I didn't mean to leave you out - thank you for the link and for starting the thread!

Erica

owltx 09-02-22 08:28 AM

KarlaP thanks for starting this thread and DawnP thanks for that awesome playlist!

I really like band work - I think the emphasis you can give on the eccentric in band work is really great for control and functionality.

Here are some favorites of mine from DVDs:
Jessica Smith's S&C Total Body Strength has a bonus 30 minute band segment that is perfect for travel
Jessica Smith's 6 mile mix - this has several 15 minute band segments and they are a lot of fun.
Cathe's LITE Body Weight and Bands - i think this is a fun one.

Pam61 09-02-22 08:29 AM

When I viewed the clip (from Dawn's playlist) of the Kathy Smith lower body band work, I did a search. If anyone is interested in purchasing (TotalFitnessDVDs sale) it's from Kathy's Rejuvenation workouts! This specific clip is from her Total Firm & Fit DVD, but she also has another lower body with bands, too!

Now I know what I'm getting from Mary's Labor Day sale!
https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Rej...t-D-p/1212.htm

You can buy the individual DVDs for $4.99 or for all 5 it's only $14.99! And, don't forget to use the 10off code!

ETA: I also love the band work from Jessica's 6 mile mix, but her 10 minute solution loop band workout is tough! Cathe's are great....travel fit, too!

I'm currently going through a number of my pilates workouts and there are many with band work!

Karla25 09-02-22 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawnP (Post 2975158)

Enjoy!

There are some gems in this list :heart: Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by owltx (Post 2975195)
KarlaP thanks for starting this thread and DawnP thanks for that awesome playlist!

I really like band work - I think the emphasis you can give on the eccentric in band work is really great for control and functionality.

Here are some favorites of mine from DVDs:
Jessica Smith's S&C Total Body Strength has a bonus 30 minute band segment that is perfect for travel
Jessica Smith's 6 mile mix - this has several 15 minute band segments and they are a lot of fun.
Cathe's LITE Body Weight and Bands - i think this is a fun one.

I think my shoulder issues are possibly caused by doing too many of the same types of workouts, so am trying to mix it up a bit. I have a couple of Cathe band workouts, but they're too advanced for me right now. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam61 (Post 2975196)
When I viewed the clip (from Dawn's playlist) of the Kathy Smith lower body band work, I did a search. If anyone is interested in purchasing (TotalFitnessDVDs sale) it's from Kathy's Rejuvenation workouts! This specific clip is from her Total Firm & Fit DVD, but she also has another lower body with bands, too!

Now I know what I'm getting from Mary's Labor Day sale!
https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Rej...t-D-p/1212.htm

You can buy the individual DVDs for $4.99 or for all 5 it's only $14.99! And, don't forget to use the 10off code!

ETA: I also love the band work from Jessica's 6 mile mix, but her 10 minute solution loop band workout is tough! Cathe's are great....travel fit, too!

I'm currently going through a number of my pilates workouts and there are many with band work!

Do you know if the bands are included in the kits? I'm probably going to get the 5 DVD set regardless :love: I want to focus on gentler workouts.

Pam61 09-02-22 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karla25 (Post 2975205)

Do you know if the bands are included in the kits? I'm probably going to get the 5 DVD set regardless :love: I want to focus on gentler workouts.

No, bands are not included as Kathy uses different types depending on the workout/exercises. I've seen her use the cuff bands that you wear around your ankles, regular tubing with handles, the loop banding that divides the tubes into halves, etc. I have much of that from some of Leslie Sansone walks, though.

bzar 09-02-22 12:55 PM

Toning with bands:
Cathe - Travel Fit
Debbie Siebers - Slim in 6
Tony Horton - P90x
Paul Katami - Band Camp
Gilad Janklowitz - Cuts & Curves (tip: have several long resistance bands handy because some of the moves are very intense)

Pilates style band workouts:
Fred and Elisabeth DeVito Exhale Core Fusion Arms & Abs
Suzanne Bowen 10MS Slim & Sculpt Pilates
Lizbeth Garcia - Shape Pilates Workout: Makeover Your Abs, Butt, and Thighs Fast
Lisa Hubbard - Element Accelerated Pilates