Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   August 2021 ~ Walk On & On ~ New Check-In Buddies Are Always Welcome! (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=231504)

Diana3271 07-31-21 07:44 PM

August 2021 ~ Walk On & On ~ New Check-In Buddies Are Always Welcome!

What started as a Leslie walk challenge has morphed into a wide variety of workouts and lots of support and encouragement! Join us, if you're looking for a friendly check-in, that's not limited to one type of exercise!

Diana3271 08-01-21 05:59 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!

My monthly, daily step average was over 10,000 again.

Steps for yesterday: 8,692
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

monterey vidiot 08-01-21 11:07 AM

August already?!
Diana, thanks for starting our month.

Did Denise day 9, on the island of Turks and Caicos. Has to be an older one b/c it was aerobics (not cardio). And some UB weight work. Also Denise had an extreme fake bake going.

seabliss 08-01-21 05:05 PM

Hi all, still out of town, so no workout to report except for walking. We're in the area of Portugal called the "Silver Coast." We're about 45 minutes north of the capital, Lisbon. It's beautiful near the water, and we are just outside of a big castle that has an entire village of people living in it. The small city nearby is kind of the epicenter here. It's charming, but without the big color of Porto. But we're considering this area as a move because we could buy a good home, and the pace and peace might be better for DD. Also we've already made some friends and connections here that are quite warm and accepting and could be helpful for sure. We are trying to be able to tour a few homes for sale here in order to get a feeling of what we could get.

My father has covid. He went to the ER but they sent him home because his oxygen levels were ok. He's had a couple of rough nights, but he's on a special med that really seems to be helping him, and he may have turned a corner--we will see. It was his brother that passed away of covid last week (the brother lived in a different state). My mother is exhausted and terrified about getting it. She's been trying to isolate but my father is very uncooperative about this. So far her tests are negative, so I'm praying she doesn't get it. She feels like she's coming down with something now, but maybe it's just from the exhaustion and stress.

We'll be heading back to Porto on Thursday, so I will be able to start working out again. Until then, walking will have to do!

monterey vidiot 08-01-21 05:25 PM

Cheryl, I hope things work out for your parents. (((hugs))) and prayers.

lynnf 08-01-21 06:23 PM

barre 3 30 minutes and yin yoga.

Cheryl, prayers for the health of your dad and mom. It sounds like your dad is holding up well and I hope this continues. They are able to treat Covid so much better now. Please let us know how he and your mom are doing.

Diana3271 08-01-21 08:50 PM

Hi Everyone!

Cheryl Keep us updated about your parents. I will pray for them.

No workout to report.

Have a Blessed evening!

Diana3271 08-02-21 09:57 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps for yesterday: 6,104
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy! Have a great start to your week!

monterey vidiot 08-02-21 03:08 PM

Check-in: lap swim and then Denise day 10, which was full body weights in the studio.

seabliss 08-02-21 05:57 PM

Just a lot of walking today! We visited a town that is the oldest town in Portugal, with an enormous, very stately monastery that was built 1,000 years ago. The town focuses a lot on music and the arts and has a music/dance school, festivals, etc. It was a great place to walk around in, with a good energy, but a little far from the bigger city. We heard what sounded like an incredibly trained woman singing Ave Maria and some other famous pieces, outside but in an ancient arched room space. It was actually a man singing, to our surprise. He was very good. DH took a video that we will probably put on Facebook.

Tomorrow a realtor is going to show us some homes, more in the area of the city.

My mother does have covid now too. She went to the ER this morning, but they said she was too healthy to be put on steroids, and they sent her home. She has taken a couple of my father's ivermectin (I think it's called) and she and my dad are trying to get a prescription for her. It seems to have really almost cured my father at this point. My mother coughed all night before going to the ER. She emailed me today that the body aches are the worst part for her (my dad did not suffer from those). I am praying that she will get the prescription and that both of my parents will be ok. I think my dad is getting an antibody treatment tomorrow, and that is supposed to be powerful.