Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Besides fitness stuff, what do you buy too much of? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=221032)

FitBoop 09-22-17 09:39 AM

Besides fitness stuff, what do you buy too much of?

Most of us buy a lot of fitness DVD's, clothes and equipment. What else do you buy a lot of?

I buy shoes and clothes. There are certain brands that I am obsessed with, like Sam Edelman shoes. I love Nordstrom.com because they have a great selection of petite clothes and brands like Topshop, which are fashionable and affordable. I used to buy Betty Boop memorabilia, but stopped a while ago, after I ran out of space to display them.

sherry7899 09-22-17 09:44 AM

I have actually cut way back on buying fitness items- a shock! With umpteen free yoga practices on you tube I barely buy yoga dvds anymore. My favorite cardio are the streaming Soul Sweat classes on pow how.
I have enough Margaret Richard dvds for a lifetime of strength training.

I spend too much on books and music. I am attempting to mainly get new books from my library. I am trying to curb spending on curly hair products in my never ending quest for the perfect product.

I have gotten back into buying makeup. I use all drugstore brands. I hardly spend on clothing or shoes or purses and perfume though.

Sharaz 09-22-17 09:54 AM

Curly hair products
Skincare products
Beauty treatments, mainly facials and full body laser removal
Heels, I'm a bit controlled nowadays

Taramisu 09-22-17 09:55 AM

My DVD buying has slowly been dwindling, maybe for good but I always say that and then I am buying again. I guess I go in streaks but it's definitely down for right now.

Over the years it seems that I was on some insane buying spree of some sort of item, for years it was music (CDs), then candles, then it was bath products (BBW mainly), then it was shoes, clothes here and there, and fitness DVDs of course. As with DVDs my shopping in all of these categories has pretty much stopped, which is really good news for my bank account. I guess my obsession with these items fizzled out. The shoe obsession especially, now I just enjoy the shoes I have instead of buying more. That obsession was seriously out of control.

In the 90s I had a weird obsession with shampoos, I always had to try different ones. I think I had close to thirty bottles at one time. Now I have maybe 5.

Right now it's cosmetics, specifically eye shadows and palettes. I really need to cool it, slowly I am getting a handle on it. Earlier this year it was lip products. The good news is that I stick with mainly drugstore brands, I don't migrate into high end stuff. Makeup Geek is probably the most expensive brand I have bought recently which really isn't too bad. I have always liked cosmetics but didn't have the need for tons of it. I can't quite explain my recent obsession with eyeshadows either. I have barely worn eyeshadow for the last 20 years, now I am obsessed with it. Maybe I am trying to recapture my youth in some weird manner.

I also like essential oils, I have been using DoTerra (no, I don't sell for them and don't intend to). I really like some of their oils but they are rather pricey, so I am experimenting with other brands, I really like Eden's Garden and may convert to them eventually. On occasion I buy wax melts for my tart warmer, but not an abundance of them.

That's pretty much it, I like threads like this and will be watching it with interest!

sherry7899 09-22-17 10:03 AM

Taramisu- my obssession has been with lip colors. Luckily I like NYX and Wet n Wild brands so they are cheap. I buy when they have buy one get one half off or buy two get one free at Walgreens or CVS.

I am sticking mainly with neutral eyeshadows so I do not buy much.

yogapam 09-22-17 10:09 AM

For me it's fitness gadgets, downloads, & classes.

sbh 09-22-17 10:18 AM

I've spent way less this year on dvds and trade. We have a new puppy, so we invest our money in pizzels, oinkies. vet appointments, flea tick & heartworm meds, etc. :eek::eek::eek:

imhere2dance 09-22-17 10:23 AM

Video games! :p

Taramisu 09-22-17 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry7899 (Post 2734317)
Taramisu- my obssession has been with lip colors. Luckily I like NYX and Wet n Wild brands so they are cheap. I buy when they have buy one get one half off or buy two get one free at Walgreens or CVS.

I am sticking mainly with neutral eyeshadows so I do not buy much.

Sherry - I was obsessed with NYX Butter Glosses and lipsticks earlier this year, thankfully I cooled it and just have my favorites now. My nieces were the recipients of a lot of makeup to play with along the way. :) I like them a lot though.

Wet N Wild is another favorite brand of mine, I like their lipsticks, eyeshadows (Walking on Eggshells trio is nice), and my holy grail bronzer and highlighter is WNW too. They are a long time favorite brand of mine.

I also like some of Milani's lipsticks. ELF is another good brand, but I have been hit and miss with some of their products, I like some of their brushes though.

I also really like Jordana and BH Cosmetics, but they are primarily sold online. Colourpop and Makeup Geek are probably the priciest brands that I use currently, and it's pretty much just their eye shadow pans anyway. I am tempted to try some other higher end brands but they are simply more than I want to spend.

athompson10 09-22-17 10:34 AM

Anything Sephora: makeup, mostly lipsticks and glosses; hair products; mascara

Shoes: excuse for this is that due to bone spurs I'm wearing only flats, and I don't own a lot of flat shoes. Not yet, anyway.