Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Best place to sell videos? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=211562)

RachelW 07-27-15 08:16 AM

Best place to sell videos?

I would like to sell some of the systems that I'm not using. Where is the best place to do that? TIA for any suggestions!

bubbles76 07-27-15 08:19 AM

VF Roost or YaYas. I have had success buying from both places. I also had success selling at YaYas some years ago. You can also sell to our very own Roleez, who has an online store.

RachelW 07-27-15 08:31 AM

Where can I locate Roleez's store? Do you have the web address?

Juliepie 07-27-15 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelW (Post 2552575)
Where can I locate Roleez's store? Do you have the web address?

http://www.beautyandthebeastfitness.com/

She's also on...

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie...=A2ZSMX7ZK1TNZ

eBay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/roleez1/m.ht..._sop=12&_rdc=1

Suzan66 07-27-15 08:41 AM

Rachel it's sales@beautyandthebeastfitness.com I've sold mine to Becky for years. :)

JackieB 07-27-15 08:56 AM

Someone should make a "sticky" for where to sell dvds. This thread comes up fairly often.

RachelW 07-27-15 09:17 AM

Thank you so much!

Juliepie 07-27-15 09:20 AM

These sites are for *buying* her videos, of course. :D

In my experience with Becky, she prefers trading DVDs over buying them. You should try VF Roost if you really just want to sell your DVDs.

laurajhawk 07-27-15 11:21 AM

VF Roost is a Facebook group for VF'ers only. It's primarily for buying and selling workouts.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/357899254402542/

TinaT 07-28-15 09:56 PM

I just tried the link above and it's not working. :confused:

Jags 07-28-15 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaT (Post 2553153)
I just tried the link above and it's not working. :confused:

The group setting was changed to "secret". Message me, or Sherri "sbh", or Rose "bearcatfan", and we can send you an invitation to join.
ETA: when you message one of us, please include an email address. :)

maitai 07-30-15 02:47 PM

Wow, creepy

DI431 07-30-15 03:57 PM

I still use e-bay. It's the easiest.

bubbles76 07-30-15 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maitai (Post 2553589)
Wow, creepy

What's creepy?

Jags 07-31-15 10:02 AM

Quote:

Wow, creepy

There are 3 privacy settings available for Facebook Groups:
-Public
-Closed
-Secret

The differences between the different settings is available here.

-Secret was chosen for VF Roost, not to be exclusionary but to protect VF-ers from theft, scams, and damaged or bootleg merchandise. The only requirement is to be a registered member at VF.

(Any current member of vf Roost, there are currently 377, can invite you. Then you will be added by one of the admins listed in the post above.)

yogapam 07-31-15 11:38 AM

Quote:

Wow, creepy

I think it's exercising caution, a wise decision and definitely not creepy IMO. There are a lot of scammers out there on social media.

Donna D 07-31-15 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogapam (Post 2553770)
I think it's exercising caution, a wise decision and definitely not creepy IMO. There are a lot of scammers out there on social media.

Agreed - it was done this way to protect us.

buttons11 07-31-15 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna D (Post 2553804)
Agreed - it was done this way to protect us.

Yes and in addition the secret group minimizes the work required for the admins to handle the scam/spam etc. Really nothing creepy about it. Lots of selling and buying going on over there. Transactions are easy peasy. I have made 3 buys and 2 sales already. Fast and painless. Especially wonderful for things out of print or clearing out the oodles of 'extra' workouts as lots or package deals.

Paula N 08-01-15 10:12 AM

This is almost tempting me to join Facebook. Is it possible to set a personal Facebook account to secret as well? I'm really not interested in joining Facebook for any reason other than this.

Pam, have do you have any problems buying or selling from Canada?

bearcatfan 08-01-15 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula N (Post 2553997)
This is almost tempting me to join Facebook. Is it possible to set a personal Facebook account to secret as well? I'm really not interested in joining Facebook for any reason other than this.

You can lock down your privacy settings but I believe Facebook requires your name, cover photo and profile pic (should you choose to have them) to be public. Everything else can be private.

If you decide to join FB that way and then Roost, please give an admin a link to your profile so we can add you (or we can send an invitation via email). I'm an admin there and sometimes I have to guess based on someone's FB profile - a bunch of mutual VFers is a giveaway, lol.

Juliepie 08-01-15 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearcatfan (Post 2554002)
You can lock down your privacy settings but I believe Facebook requires your name, cover photo and profile pic (should you choose to have them) to be public. Everything else can be private.

My husband is on Facebook, but he uses an obvious pseudonym and a picture that isn't of him...so far he hasn't been asked to change either. So, I think it's possible to be semi-anonymous on Facebook. :o

Sophb21 08-13-15 02:02 AM

I LOVE the VF Roost Facebook group - I have bought so much from it and have met some super lovely VF-ers this way. I haven't had any issues and have been able to purchase items shipped to Australia very easy.

I don't sell any of my DVDs because I'd loose money trying to sell them for a decent price plus having to pay international shipping. It's cost me a fortune in shipping to get them to me, it'd cost me a fortune to get them out from here.

I've been so excited to buy that I've purchased duplicates of some and have gave them away for free to ladies in a cooking Facebook page I belong to.

Good luck to all selling- I'll be on the lookout for your post!

Jags 12-06-15 06:35 PM

In the interest of clarification:

For those VF members who would like to be added to VF Roost please private message, here at VF, either me, Sherri "sbh", Rose "bearcatfan", or Chris "Cdayley", with your Facebook name AND an email address, and we will send you an invitation to join.

Any current member of VF Roost may invite you IF you are Facebook friends, or invite you by sending an invitation to an email address; you will then be added by one of the admins listed above.

VF Roost is a "secret" Facebook group, so it will not be seen on your Facebook page by non-members.

There are 3 privacy settings available for Facebook Groups:
-Public -Closed -Secret

The differences between the different settings is available here.

"Secret" was chosen for VF Roost, not to be exclusionary, but to protect VF-ers from theft, scams, and damaged or bootleg merchandise. The only requirement is to be a registered member at VF.

Ann1964 01-14-16 10:46 AM

Can someone invite me to the VF sale page on FB?
I have several systems to sale.

Lorie Pinckard

Footballnut 01-14-16 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann1964 (Post 2601165)
Can someone invite me to the VF sale page on FB?
I have several systems to sale.

Lorie Pinckard

I hope I did it correctly. Message was sent to the amins.

Ann1964 01-14-16 10:54 AM

Thanks

Lexy 02-06-16 03:17 PM

Can someone invite me to VF Roost? I love to buy stuff. :)
Thanks for the invite! I'm good!

savvychica4 02-19-16 11:03 PM

I'd love to get added as well!

Jags 01-29-17 02:47 PM

In the interest of clarification:

For those VF members who would like to be added to VF Roost please private message, here at VF, either me, Sherri "sbh", Rose "bearcatfan", or Chris "Cdayley", with your Facebook name AND an email address, and we will send you an invitation to join.

Any current member of VF Roost may invite you IF you are Facebook friends, or invite you by sending an invitation to an email address; you will then be added by one of the admins listed above.

(The email address does not need to be associated with your Facebook page.)

VF Roost is a "secret" Facebook group, so it will not be seen on your Facebook page by non-members.

The rules for trading dvds on VF also apply to trading/buying/selling on VF Roost. ie. no scratches, no misrepresentations, no bootleg dvds.

:sun:

AsSweetAsSugar 01-29-17 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juliepie (Post 2554052)
My husband is on Facebook, but he uses an obvious pseudonym and a picture that isn't of him...so far he hasn't been asked to change either. So, I think it's possible to be semi-anonymous on Facebook. :o

OT: My SO had his FB with a nickname, recently his friend came by and used his computer to check his FB account, and when he left my SO tried to connect back to his FB and was asked to send a picture of a government's card to verify his identity, and after that was asked to add his real name. Have this happened to anyone else?

Juliepie 01-29-17 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar (Post 2690812)
OT: My SO had his FB with a nickname, recently his friend came by and used his computer to check his FB account, and when he left my SO tried to connect back to his FB and was asked to send a picture of a government's card to verify his identity, and after that was asked to add his real name. Have this happened to anyone else?

And then that happened to my husband, so now he's off Facebook. :(

AsSweetAsSugar 01-29-17 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juliepie (Post 2690818)
And then that happened to my husband, so now he's off Facebook. :(

Bummer :( I don't know why a social site would ask for such things.

bubbles76 01-29-17 05:07 PM

Julie and Sugar, I never heard of such things! I don't use my real name on FB. Big Bubble doesn't use his real name, face, or any of that stuff. And anyone asking for a copy of a federal ID would be breaking the law.

ETA: Sorry, you said FB asked for a Government ID. Well, still that sounds suspicious. I would certainly leave if it came to that.

Juliepie 01-29-17 05:12 PM

What's most bizarre is how random it is...because, of course, there are so many FB users who still use obvious pseudonyms.

AsSweetAsSugar 01-29-17 07:52 PM

I found it suspicious too, but after doing a google search, it seems like it has been going on for a while now, and as Julie mentioned, it is very random. I don't use my real name either btw. My SO did send the picture and after that, he was obligated to change his nickname for his real name. During the days his "identity" was being verified his account was completed taken down. I told him to no send it as I was scared, but he needs his FB for work. I use my account to keep in touch with family and friends (we live in different country, so it is easier for me that way) and to buy on VF Roost (back to topic! :p), but hopefully I will not get asked for an ID, because I think I'll mostly likely to not send it, and less them to close my account.

ChelePA 02-09-17 02:13 PM

Looking to possibly sell my strong and sweaty dvds and gym styles by Cathe...where's the best place to list them?

Jags 02-09-17 03:25 PM

For those VF members who would like to be added to VF Roost please private message (here at VF) Sherri "sbh", Rose "bearcatfan", Chris "Cdayley", or me with your Facebook name AND an email address, and we will send you an invitation to join.

The email address does not need to be associated with your Facebook page.

VF Roost is a "secret" Facebook group; it will not be seen on your Facebook page by non-members.

The rules for trading dvds on VF also apply to trading/buying/selling on VF Roost. ie. no scratches, no misrepresentations, no reproduced, burned, or bootleg dvds.

:sun:

ChelePA 02-09-17 04:41 PM

Thanks

gigi 06-09-17 09:46 AM

Two Tubs Full of DVD's to Sell

So, I have not worked out at home for years as I go to the gym. Yet I keep moving my 2 plastic tubs FULL of workout DVD's I spent years collecting. So hard to give up...Cathe, Beach Body, Amy Bento and more. What is VF Roost? If I wanted to sell both tubs...not take the time to sell each individual workout...does anyone have any ideas how/where to do that?

sherry7899 06-09-17 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigi (Post 2716303)
So, I have not worked out at home for years as I go to the gym. Yet I keep moving my 2 plastic tubs FULL of workout DVD's I spent years collecting. So hard to give up...Cathe, Beach Body, Amy Bento and more. What is VF Roost? If I wanted to sell both tubs...not take the time to sell each individual workout...does anyone have any ideas how/where to do that?

You can contact Vf member roleez. She buys Dvds in bulk and resells them individually herself. Or you could sell them in group lots on ebay.